Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Metro 2033

General discussion about gaming.
Bishop
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17092918
Xbox Gamer Tag: Philber

Metro 2033

Unread post by Bishop »

TL;WR (won't read); Metro 2033 was cool and underrated, who else thinks so? Who has at least played it? (I tend to write long posts, for which I apologize, but I have prominent opinions :P)

Did anyone else play this game? Personally I thought it was great. It's very underrated, people gave it mediocre reviews. Controls were clunky, but they were clunky in a realistic way. Like the fatigue from running and the way your view reaches where you look before your gun does. The graphics were amazing, and the setting was great. Sure, you could say "It's another fuckin' apocalypse game", and yes it was, but it had unique twists. You lived in/traveled through the metro tunnels, and you needed a gas mask to go to the surface, and that gas mask also needed manual filter changing (single button press, but still interesting to keep you on your toes when your character starts wheezing). The game had it's flaws, but I still loved it. I'm definitely buying the sequel. (Metro2034, who coulda known :stupid: )

Anyone else play this? I recommend it if you like single player FPS's.
_____________________________________See you on the other side._____________________________________
_____________________Image_____________________
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Re: Metro 2033

Unread post by Viano »

Good game, too short, I'll play the sequel when it comes out.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
Bishop
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17092918
Xbox Gamer Tag: Philber

Unread post by Bishop »

yeah, i agree with that. The map was REALLY misleading. Got my hopes up that you'd play through most (if not ALL) of those stations. But, what're you gunna do... Also, Was it just me or was Polis a let-down? You spend half the game trying to get there, you only drive through it for like ten seconds, then the only gameplay there is in an 8ft x 10ft room where you wait for someone to come talk to you.
_____________________________________See you on the other side._____________________________________
_____________________Image_____________________
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

Bishop wrote:yeah, i agree with that. The map was REALLY misleading. Got my hopes up that you'd play through most (if not ALL) of those stations. But, what're you gunna do... Also, Was it just me or was Polis a let-down? You spend half the game trying to get there, you only drive through it for like ten seconds, then the only gameplay there is in an 8ft x 10ft room where you wait for someone to come talk to you.

it was a let down. sometimes life is that way too. seeing it through the characters POV. he (you) spent all that time trying to get there.. for nothing.

seems like a breech of the 4th wall to me.. lol
nevertheless it is a good game