Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Virgin Mapmaker

How may we help you?
Cpl. Hicks
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:4664669

Virgin Mapmaker

Unread post by Cpl. Hicks »

I'm interested in making some TF2 maps. Unfortunately I have no map making experience and have no idea where to start. If someone could link some useful websites to get me started, it would be greatly appreciated. I tried google but nothing great came up, just the typical :barf:
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other guy die for his."
"Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid"
Fireman
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17508577

Re: Virgin Mapmaker

Unread post by Fireman »

tf2maps.net

I've been a member of that community for about two and a half years now, and they really have anything you need to get started mapping.

Best place to start would be this thread: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=807
Just click on whatever topic you need in the first post, and it's got links to posts covering pretty much any basic question you could have.

Anything that's not covered in that post could probably be found with the search function in the mapping and tutorials section, and feel free to post a question on the forums or ask in chat if something's not clear or you get stuck.
Cpl. Hicks
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:4664669

Re: Virgin Mapmaker

Unread post by Cpl. Hicks »

Thankyou very much sir.
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease"
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other guy die for his."
"Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid"