Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

F.E.A.R. 2

General discussion about gaming.
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

F.E.A.R. 2

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

For those of you (like me) who are counting it down, F.E.A.R. 2's release date is one month from today!

February 11th, I've got a playdate with Alma! :shock:
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Re: F.E.A.R. 2

Unread post by Ghost »

im probbaly goin to get this first day it comes out on steam. i remember in the first fear game i almost pissed myself it was freaky :shock:
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Looks like a good game, but not one for me.
Its one that I'd watch Goose play like L4D.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I don't know much about the game. Anyone want to explain what it is all about?
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

FEAR centers around a randomly appearing then suddenly disappearing girl named "Alma" who at age 8 was imprisoned for research by a weapons laboratory wanting to harness her telepathic powers. When she was 16 she "died" giving birth to two boys which the lab intended for use as psychic controllers of a clone army of elite soldiers. One of the boys is unaccounted for, and the other became the psychic controller.

The game starts off with you knowing little more than an incident is unfolding and you as a specially trained soldier have to shoot it out to restore order. As you progress through the game you learn the full storyline bit by bit as you find more and powerful weapons to neutralize clone soldiers, secret weapons built by the lab and supernatural beings as the connection to the paranormal is established. You see, Alma has come back from the netherworld and she is a might bit p*ssed off about the way she was treated, and is unleashing a series of supernatural horrors upon those at the research lab who abused her. The problem is, since she is destroying entire cities in the process, you have to stop her by killing the controller of the clone army - your twin brother! Yup, your are Alma's missing "other" baby!

The game play is an awesome first person shooter with horror cut scene and outright chilling and scary situations unfolding which the player must solve or fight. It's a mix of the nightmares that haunt your sleep with DooM3 like mission play and the feeling of ever-lurking danger akin to the original Alien movie. ~Your not sure what it is around the corner or what it is that is stalking up behind you, but it probably aint too good or friendly...

The makers really did a fantastic in connecting to the players subconscious fear of the dark and unknown, and they skillfully combined it with an outstanding FPS missions with a variety of weapons and maps. I do not very often get scared or shocked by sudden events in a game,but there are situations which require your full attention and they just seem to know exactly when the hair is standing up on the back of your neck and your most susceptible to a jolt!

Funny thing of it is, I never even heard of the game until my son in law gave me a copy for Christmas. Once in, I was addicted! If you like an FPS's, You will likely agree this is a 5 out of 5!
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

A clip from FEAR 1:

MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

I really liked the original FEAR, but then they just put up half-ass little expansion type things and I lost interest. I may pick this up.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

It sounds really interesting, maybe Goose will pick it up.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Sastora wrote:It sounds really interesting, maybe Goose will pick it up.
I actually did pick up the first one and I liked it! very fun game but also creepy/trippy. trans-dimensional hallways anyone?
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

I've got the game on my comp, I'm not really a fan, but my friends love it. It's fun to watch my "macho" friend freak out more than his brothers.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

I don't blame them. I wet myself when alma walks though rooms lighting everything on fire.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Unread post by Ghost »

MrKerplunkers wrote:I really liked the original FEAR, but then they just put up half-ass little expansion type things and I lost interest. I may pick this up.
lol
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

Goose and my grandpa both told me about the first game and I changed my mind.
I don't want to watch it.
I think I'd scream like a little girl.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

holy crap fear is so weird i played it with my friend at midnight 1 night and we both almost pissed ourselves it was so creapy.
the last part of it i played was this part where these assassin solider that r invisible r attacking u.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

Creepy game.
My grandpa got it and beat it.
FReaky.
Said it made him jump a few times.