Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Trouble with demo playback.

Discussion for calculatedChaos TV. Submit YouTube videos and discuss video ideas.

customMaps calculatedChaos TV Feed: 216.52.143.91:27020
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Trouble with demo playback.

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

Hey guys,

After the recent string of updates to the game I am no longer able to playback demos that i want to record with WeGame.

I get an error and and hl2.exe stops responding to the cpu.

does anyone else have this sort of problem with past demos they have recorded, and possibly know of anyway to fix this problem?

i've searched around various forums and read that setting sv_pure to 1 works. I tried it and I get the same exact error.
the console output doesn't show any particular error code or anything i can look up to be able to troubleshoot.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Trouble with demo playback.

Unread post by captainAngry »

I know that they broke it and then fixed it again. I was under the impression that it should all be working as of a week ago.

I have never played demos (I just record them) so I'm not going to be much help in that department. I can see if I can play back some of the demos I recorded last week (I recorded everything on the main server last week).
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Re: Trouble with demo playback.

Unread post by Divine Fate »

TF2 has always had problems with demos recorded pre-update. Thought they said something about fixing it in one of the recent ones, but I guess not. The only way I've figured out how to play them is to copy a downgraded version of TF2 relative to your demo and play it with that.