Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Aminated Spray Help?

How may we help you?
[DAWN]HellFire
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25080918
Xbox Gamer Tag: coltalmighty

Aminated Spray Help?

Unread post by [DAWN]HellFire »

Hey, I can't figure out how to import this image into a TF2 spray:
Help?
--Banned Calculated Chaos Member--
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Help?

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

google A program called VTFEdit. Open the pic in it. down near the bottom change the maximum width and height to 256 (the max you can have in tf2). Save it in this folder: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\(Your steam ID)\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos\ and after that click file, save as and save it in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\(Your steam ID)\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos\UI and that's it.
Life is whatever.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

PhrozenFlame wrote:google A program called VTFEdit. Open the pic in it. down near the bottom change the maximum width and height to 256 (the max you can have in tf2). Save it in this folder: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\(Your steam ID)\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos\ and after that click file, save as and save it in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\(Your steam ID)\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos\UI and that's it.
I don't think VTF Edit will import moving images, I've tried and all I got was one frame. You're gonna have to extract all the frames from the image and compile them into VTF Edit in order to create the moving effect yourself. Plus, since the image isn't exactly 256x256, it's gonna stretch unless you put some transparency around the edges to make it a square.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I'm not the master of VTFEdit anyway so thanks for your info. I only recently started using it (Plus the fact I couldn't tell what the image is and there you go.).
Life is whatever.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

There are programs that can open animated gifs frame by frame and allow you to save all the frames down, then you can make all the images 256 x 256 and remake the animation using VTF edit.
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Re: Aminated Spray Help?

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

open the gif in photoshop, open the animated buttom and somehow export it as a tga file and then import it. thats atleast how valve did it for there textures
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!