Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Closing BF:BC2 Server, Probably Starting a New TF2 Server

Announcements for our community.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Re: Closing BF:BC2 Server, Probably Starting a New TF2 Server

Unread post by BAMF »

I'd like some One Vs. All, if Valve hasn't ruined it forever.

Also, micspam on the fun server, if at all possible. Because hey, we might as well mess with the fun server if we're getting a new one.

If this new server sends up being all-talk off and very serious, I'd like it to have just 24 players.
CaliforniaBear
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by CaliforniaBear »

If nothing is deducted from the total donation then the size would be 28 slot. >< I havn't played prop but whoever has, is it better with a lot of people or a little?
I did my time, and I want out.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

^^^^ It's better the more people you have.

We've already tried a more serious server in the customPromo server, and that failed. The server was basically just the main server but with alltalk with fewer maps. If we are to make another server, it can't attempt to move in on main or fun server territory while having fewer options, like the customPromo did. In that case, my vote remains with prophunt or possibly another popular gamechanging mod.

Also, my experiences on teamtalk servers have lead me to conclusively believe they are boring as fuck, without giving many more tactical communication options. Sure you can yell at your team about how you're about to sap the enemy sentry, but is it really worth cutting at the main appeal of our servers?
hln.LAW
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17036169
Twitter Username: @unevenaire
Xbox Gamer Tag: unevenaire

Unread post by hln.LAW »

prophunt, totally epic

Just, LAUGH!!
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Unread post by Trilby »

Prophunt would be fun I tried it on cyberpunk
Great times
Fair players
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
Minus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20616057

Unread post by Minus »

Prop hunt server would be cool.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

BAMF wrote:I'd like some One Vs. All, if Valve hasn't ruined it forever.
I completely forgot about One Vs. All.

My vote goes to this for sure. Or another gamechanging mod like Excessive or something.

For anyone who doesn't know what One Vs. All is:

Excessive:

Life is whatever.
Boreas
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Boreas »

I honestly don't feel any server with alltalk on could be a serious server.

Not to be the devil's advocate here, but I don't think having alltalk is a appeal. As for having more tactical options, yeah sure on your random server where you don't know people. When you are on a team with your friends you can have a plan and what not.

Having alltalk on is what keeps me away from the servers as it is from time to time. While it can be fun I just don't like it on all the time.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Riftoff »

If not for the loss of strategy, then why don't you like alltalk?
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

the only other possible reason is that he doesnt want to hear the 12 year olds on the other team talk to each other and complain how they're getting steamrolled.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Fat Elvis
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24117589

Unread post by Fat Elvis »

Riftoff wrote:^^^^ It's better the more people you have.

We've already tried a more serious server in the customPromo server, and that failed. The server was basically just the main server but with alltalk with fewer maps. If we are to make another server, it can't attempt to move in on main or fun server territory while having fewer options, like the customPromo did. In that case, my vote remains with prophunt or possibly another popular gamechanging mod.

Also, my experiences on teamtalk servers have lead me to conclusively believe they are boring as fuck, without giving many more tactical communication options. Sure you can yell at your team about how you're about to sap the enemy sentry, but is it really worth cutting at the main appeal of our servers?

How about a server that has multiple mods installed so it exxentally can run all sorts of weird fun mods if it's voted for it. Like zombie fortress, Prophunt, Boss battle, etc.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

Fat Elvis wrote: How about a server that has multiple mods installed so it exxentally can run all sorts of weird fun mods if it's voted for it. Like zombie fortress, Prophunt, Boss battle, etc.
That sounds like an awesome idea. Consider this my vote for that kind of server, altalk is a yes also.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Boreas
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Boreas »

Exactly, I don't like to listen to people yap to each other. I am all for friendly bater occasionally, but if alltalk is on people feel the need to constantly talk on the Cc servers, when there are three plus voice rectangles at the cornor of my screen, then to many people are yammering. Look I am not saying alltalk is bad, but if I have to make a choice between alltalk and no alltalk then I will always choose not to have alltalk. So unless people turn it off and on then inevitable I'm going to find it annoying when the server fills up.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Fat Elvis wrote:How about a server that has multiple mods installed so it exxentally can run all sorts of weird fun mods if it's voted for it. Like zombie fortress, Prophunt, Boss battle, etc.
Zombie Fortress is STILL broken, I believe. I mean, it made the funserver completely unplayable so...

Also, not seeing how Prophunt is gonna work with Boss Battle.
Life is whatever.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

For those wondering: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=107104

Looks like it was updated last week (dates are backwards in other countries).

Also, they way I would do alltalk if we wanted it off is that it would stay on until there were 9 or so people and then it would turn off. That way if it's just a few people it's on but once it makes sense for strategy it gets turned off.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Riftoff wrote:If not for the loss of strategy, then why don't you like alltalk?
for me, if its not alltalk and its funserver-attitude like toasty likes ( you know you prefer funserver, dont kid yourself) then its just less mic spam. and I'm not talking about audio clips being played, its just whenever I go to the funserver 15 ppl are trying to talk at once while toasty is spamming the admin voice commands over and over.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

spleenter wrote:the only other possible reason is that he doesnt want to hear the 12 year olds on the other team talk to each other and complain how they're getting steamrolled.
Mute is your friend!
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Riftoff »

Actually, if we're going to do prophunt, teamtalk would be the best option, as people can be fags and tell the pyros your hiding place.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

LaN wrote:Mute is your friend!
Seriously. In-Game mute is the best fucking invention EVER.
Life is whatever.
Xifear543
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:23234187

Unread post by Xifear543 »

PROP HUNT!!!! FTW
PS:look at my steam name :woop:
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

The idea of a new TF2 server has shocked and yet intrigued me, since we got rid of a TF2 server a good while ago, I assume nobody was playing on it hence its death. Getting rid of the BF:BC2 server is no bother to me as I couldn't afford to get the game to play on the server anyway. Prophunt sounds pretty fun, I thought we tried to get that a while ago (along with source mod where you can build a moveable sentry) and we were knocked back?

I would be gutted if you took away TeamSpeak, where else would I be able to talk without people being annoying, complaining (yes I know I complain a lot myself, but I've stopped all that now) and being a general nuisance. Besides, I enjoy talking to Boreas and AgeNt on there, and as previously stated by Boreas where would he waste his time talking to us if there was no TeamSpeak?

Alltalk on a serious prophunt game would be a right pita. You would get little annoying kids shouting where people were and it would just ruin it. Plus I think the admins shouldn't spray sprays where people are hiding, that also ruins games. So Alltalk off on a prophunt server and current customMaps server where serious games are played, and on for the funserver where nobody cares what happens anymore.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

Prop hunt is awesome right now. Ability to pick your own props and people winning the game as a tree on the roof. Many laughs were had.
steve09

Unread post by steve09 »

How on earth can a tree on a roof win? Its not possible in real life so no sensible map maker would put a tree on a roof. If I saw a tree on a roof I would instantly say thats not natural and try and burn it just to make sure it wasn't some crazy map maker putting a tree on a roof :P.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

steve09 wrote:How on earth can a tree on a roof win? Its not possible in real life so no sensible map maker would put a tree on a roof. If I saw a tree on a roof I would instantly say thats not natural and try and burn it just to make sure it wasn't some crazy map maker putting a tree on a roof :P.
because obvious spots usually win because people dont think to look there and other spots might be found out because people are just checking those spots to be safe.

i dont know how many times i have been a bucket or barrel on the side of building and winning the round.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by LaN »

steve09 wrote:How on earth can a tree on a roof win? Its not possible in real life so no sensible map maker would put a tree on a roof. If I saw a tree on a roof I would instantly say thats not natural and try and burn it just to make sure it wasn't some crazy map maker putting a tree on a roof :P.
I won as a gravestone floating on a window.

Also don't try hiding on the Control point as the control point. Too obvious
gervangster
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21044401
Xbox Gamer Tag: gervangster

Unread post by gervangster »

Excessive seems prty sick if you want to have a server that is related to our name calculatedChoas. Get it?! its chaotic and somehow im sure you can calculate it. :woop: no, but srsly i like the idea of a mod server of any sorts, just make sure what is finally chosen is done right or else its pointless to have.

As for all talk... i say leave it as is. The best moments happen on all talk on the custom server, and we have serious games on that server all the time with no problem. This server can be the best thing ever when you have all talk on, just today we started a Engy union. FUCKING HILARIOUS, but it would have been no fun at all if all talk was off.

Be smart, don't take away all talk on cC. If you don't like it all the time then go to a server without all talk, and come back when your ready to have fun, yet potentially serious games.
Last edited by gervangster on 08 Jun 2010, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
steve09

Unread post by steve09 »

So the Team Speak server has bitten the dust then? Nobody but me and Boreas actually wanted it to stay. I liked it cos I didn't have to load up Steam, which takes ages to load on my PC, to actually have some fun and talk to someone. Also it was much easier to record what people were saying, e.g. if someone randomly started singing (which unfortunately they didn't) it was easy enough to hit record and capture most of it without having to have another piece of software running in the background for the recording as you would for TF2 and the like.

I know not a lot of people used it, the people I saw on it the most were AgeNt and Boreas. Had a good fun chat with Giggles, Secret Legend, Boreas and AgeNt one time which was a right laugh (I still have the recording for that if anyone wants to hear how Giggles speaks :D).
Plus it costs less than a gaming server, so if we got rid of the BF:BC2 server that would more than pay for the Team Speak server, and since we're still deciding on whether to get another TF2 server or not then it would be nice to have something else cC related that's not a game but almost as much fun. I mean its a great thing being able to talk to someone in game, but you can't always have the same getting-to-know-each-other sort of conversations whilst in game cos your concentrating on not getting killed.
Boreas
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Boreas »

I think gervangster was making a point in there somewhere. Somewhere I think the point that this is a game, and not a chat form. If you wanted to ramble incessantly why didn't you guys just do it on teamspeak. Besides without alltalk you can still talk to your teammates, so just join their team. The only think turning off allltalk is going to do is cut down on the inane antics of the 12 year olds.
Link
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19549641
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA or since pleasant can mean silent, Silent Hill, CA

Unread post by Link »

I'm all for both, but since we already have the funserver which has like 10 million different arena maps with deathmatches, I vote for prophunt.
ImageLinkImage
~Out of all the things people do, the things they didn't do were the greatest.
~The booty is mine, it belongs to me, you cannot have my booty.-Tom
gervangster
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21044401
Xbox Gamer Tag: gervangster

Unread post by gervangster »

Boreas wrote:I think gervangster was making a point in there somewhere. Somewhere I think the point that this is a game, and not a chat form. If you wanted to ramble incessantly why didn't you guys just do it on teamspeak. Besides without alltalk you can still talk to your teammates, so just join their team. The only think turning off allltalk is going to do is cut down on the inane antics of the 12 year olds.
...I think you should re-read my post, your saything the exact oppisite of what i said. Im all for alltalk, in fact im in love it! The wedding date just isnt set yet :pipe:
Image Image