Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Questions

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
Xratter

Questions

Unread post by Xratter »

1)Can i propose that everyone have the 'Mute Vote' ability. Apparently some people think it's just the admins that want someone to shut up.

2)Also, what's the norm for pre-loaded sounds ('pseudo mic spamming')?

3)Is a kick/10 minute ban warranted if an admin un-mutes/un-gags themselves immediately following a mute/gag?

I'm frustrated with admins thinking they can do what they want because they can undo anything done to them.
Fall Harder, Bounce Higher.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Re: Questions

Unread post by Divine Fate »

To answer your questions:

1) Everybody has the mute vote ability. The command is /votemute or "/votemute target", and it will come up with a vote. I believe it also comes up in the hint box every once in a while.

2) Usually they last 1-3 seconds long, unless it's a song the spammer prefers to play, which can last anywhere from 1 second to a few minutes.

3) If an admin ever does that then CONTINUES to do it, a kick is suitable, and if it is still a problem, a 10 minute ban would be alright. The thing is, sometimes an admin gets muted or gagged for spamming one thing, but then wants to talk to his team and can't. An unmute or ungag of themselves there wouldn't be a problem.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

Divine Fate wrote:The thing is, sometimes an admin gets muted or gagged for spamming one thing, but then wants to talk to his team and can't. An unmute or ungag of themselves there wouldn't be a problem.
isn't that what usually happens to ghost? he spams something, unmutes himself, then after a while somebody encourages him to play something he does it then get kicked, comes back, something happens, and it goes on like this for a while until somebody bans him? (just something that I thought of)
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

Divine Fate wrote:but then wants to talk to his team and can't. An unmute or ungag of themselves there wouldn't be a problem.
You can't talk to your team on an alltalk server.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

GrimGriz wrote:
Divine Fate wrote:but then wants to talk to his team and can't. An unmute or ungag of themselves there wouldn't be a problem.
You can't talk to your team on an alltalk server.
yes but alltalk isn't always on and he also said an ungag because you CAN type to your team
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

If someone muted me I would unmute myself right away, even if I deserved it. If you were mic spamming and someone muted you, you can unmute yourself. If you continue to mic spam or piss people off, they will probably escalate the punishment. That's the risk you take.

The worst thing you can do around here is piss everyone else off. Mob rule and all that.