Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Steam Profile on Forum

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Steam Profile on Forum

Unread post by captainAngry »

I made this thing that some of you may have noticed. It pulls information from your steam community profile page and displays it on your forum profile.

In order for it to show up, you must have a steamid in your forum profile. I have added steam IDs for a number of people already and I will continue to do so as the day goes on.

You may as yourself "why does it look terrible and doesn't fix the site at all"? The reason for this is that it was designed to go with the new forum template that I am working on. There is still a lot for me to do on the template which is why I havn't really announced it. They sure don't make it easy to make new templates. The only page that I really have almost completed is the topic display page (the one that currently shows the steam id thingy).

I have been using the half finished template for a while now since it is functional. You folks can see where I am at by going to your User Control Panel > Board Preferences and then changing your template to cCGaming2.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Re: Steam Profile on Forum

Unread post by Original »

captainangry wrote: designed to go with the new forum template that I am working on.
Are we getting pinstripes? How very spyalicious ;)
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Yeah. There are lots of stripes like that in the new design.

I just worked out the last major part of the template that I needed to figure out. I worked on the post stuff first so I could add this new feature and because I kind of knew what I wanted, but I didn't know what do to with all the tables around the site (forum list, post a reply, UCP, etc.)

I cleaned up a bunch of stuff today and then worked out how I wanted the tables to look. I don't know if what I did today will be able to carry over to the Post a replay page and UCP but I am positive it will work for the forum list.

If you have the new template set as your default, check out the member list to see what I am talking about.

It's probably also worth noting that Internet Explorer sucks and that I am not going to make any effort to make this site work for IE6.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

Are the font sizes and such supposed to be this different?
Attachments
cc2.jpg
cc2.jpg (506.1 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
cc1.jpg
cc1.jpg (585.57 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

I agree. It's very nice though other than the huge fonts.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I haven't redone the shoutbox yet so those fonts will probably be smaller. Other than that, the font-sizes probably won't change much.

The text size currently on the new version of topic view (the page with the posts) is probably going to be the smallest size of text on the site.
Aerogablaze
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19303814

Unread post by Aerogablaze »

Great job So Far thought Cap! It Shaping up real nice
"-Ahem- Gentlemen? ..."
Team Fortress 2 Hired Spy
I am Spy - Play Free Online Games
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I fixed the shoutbox and cleaned up the reply to a post page a bit but in doing so I broke most of the user control panel. I am aware of the issue but it is more important to me to be able to see a nice post a reply page than any of the UCP stuff.

The user control panel is going to come last. I am going to try and get the template to a point where I feel comfortable switching it as the default template soon but I have to rewrite the templates from scrach so it takes a while.