Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

The first video game you ever played?

General discussion about gaming.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Re: The first video game you ever played?

Unread post by Riftoff »

My first noneducational game was Age Of Empires, played the shit out of that game when I was 8 years old. My first educational game was that one where you collect parts in a little 2D game and build cars and stuf. It was supposed to teach little kids basic physics, but I don't think anybody learned anything from that game.

I believe this comic is pretty fitting for this topic:
Attachments
nostalgia.gif
nostalgia.gif (129.97 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

Funny 'cause it's true.

Why would you want a stupid DS with many games to choose from and a rechargeable battery when you could've had one of these like me. And my step-brother had Donkey Kong. They took 4 D batteries($20?) with a lifespan of 2 hours.

Notice the high tech second joystick for player 2. Why? because Donkey Kong had a button and pacman users shouldn't feel left out.
But did Frogger have 2 joysticks also?

This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Dantego

Unread post by Dantego »

Dang BigJohn, you brought back a lot of memories. LOL
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

i believe i was 9 months old, my parents have footage of me at my cabin up near duluth pressing buttons on the ole' NES while my sister played super mario bros. but what got me into games was when my dad got nascar 96 for the playstation and we had so much fun. my friend showed me the game starcraft for PC and that was my first ever online game i played. then another friend showed me counter strike source and thats when i started my valve rant. but again, lots and lots of years of gaming. thats probubly why im taking game design in college!
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
VillageSavant
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5138113

Unread post by VillageSavant »

Pit fall on intellevision was my first game, besides that I always played the super mario brothers on the old school arcade set up where you looked down onto a horizontal screen as you played. For 25 cents, my dad used to complain about how expensive it was. lol Played it every Sunday after Church at the pizza hut in coatesville. Damn juat had a 22 year ago flash back.
- Every village needs one. I'm the best at what I do.
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo. I was pretty fucking awful at it too, given I was four or five years old at the time. I played a few other fittingly ancient games at my aunt's house.

First game I actually owned was Yoshi's Story. Which was good and fine except for the third world which was fucking ridiculous.
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

Just to put thing is perspective… this is a game from the first console I owned circa about 1982.