Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Question for my fellow snipers

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
KEKEKE
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7708842

Question for my fellow snipers

Unread post by KEKEKE »

Preferably ones that average 70% headshots...

Is it just me or did they completely destroy the headshot hit box? I originally figured it was my computer overheating, or that I had just lost my touch. Then I started to notice a pattern. Basically I can shoot someone in the head and it will do one of 4 things, registered headshot, unregistered headshot, bodyshot, miss.

It used to be that you aimed for the head, from the chin to the very top of the head, it was a headshot. Lately I have seen a ton (like 1 out of every 5 headshots) where I see a big bloody spot appear on the heavy's face, and he takes no damage. I have seen even more (1/4 headshots) where I shoot them in the head and it registers as a body shot. This isn't me missing, this happens when the only visible part of the character is the hat.

I won't blame my missing on Valve, because I can't prove it, but they changed something. I am sure of it. Any other snipers notice this shit?
Awol
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5172890

Re: Question for my fellow snipers

Unread post by Awol »

Personally I haven't noticed any changes but I know others were complaining about missing headshots that hit.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

its like when they tried to fix facestabs, but made it worse. here they reduced the head hitbox to provent shoulder headshots but screwed it up.
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Unread post by Ghost »

I noticed this too. it's pissing me off. so much harder to get a headshot. ps- I'm typing this on my iPod touch :woop:
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
VillageSavant
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5138113

Unread post by VillageSavant »

I would give my 10 cents worth but I only get about 65% head shots. :?
- Every village needs one. I'm the best at what I do.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Today during arena breakfloor, It was me a heavy and a medic vs a heavy and a medic. I got down on the bottom of the arch and charged up my rifle. Then the heavy came and I shot him in the head. (Blood came out of his head so yes, I did.) Then he started shooting at me.

Needless to say, I'm pissed at whatever happened to the old headshot system. D:
Life is whatever.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

You know you can headshot a heavy and not kill him right. Is it possible that some of these might be the damage sound not playing or something?
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

It was a fully charged headshot. So yeah, whatever happened to the old headshot system, IT NEEDS TO COME BACK. D:<
Life is whatever.
[DAWN]HellFire
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25080918
Xbox Gamer Tag: coltalmighty

Unread post by [DAWN]HellFire »

I really haven't noticed that much of a change in the sniper hits. But one thing that really angers me is the fact that you can get a direct hit right between the eyes of a heavy, and he's still standing, but the game registered a critical hit.
Is it just me or is that just a little bit unreal? I think if I took a shot between the eyes with ANY weapon at all in real life, I'd be dead with my brains scattered all over the wall and floor. I mean, I know it's a game, but come on, a little realism would be nice.
--Banned Calculated Chaos Member--
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

I haven't noticed much either.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

[DAWN]HellFire wrote:I really haven't noticed that much of a change in the sniper hits. But one thing that really angers me is the fact that you can get a direct hit right between the eyes of a heavy, and he's still standing, but the game registered a critical hit.
Is it just me or is that just a little bit unreal? I think if I took a shot between the eyes with ANY weapon at all in real life, I'd be dead with my brains scattered all over the wall and floor. I mean, I know it's a game, but come on, a little realism would be nice.

The game isn't about realism so no, you can't have any. But I know my sniper on this game and I've gotten fullycharged headshots that just go right through the players.... It might be a ping problem or something though.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

g_e_oos wrote:
[DAWN]HellFire wrote:I really haven't noticed that much of a change in the sniper hits. But one thing that really angers me is the fact that you can get a direct hit right between the eyes of a heavy, and he's still standing, but the game registered a critical hit.

The game isn't about realism so no, you can't have any. But I know my sniper on this game and I've gotten fullycharged headshots that just go right through the players.... It might be a ping problem or something though.
You probably have a better ping than me, and my ping's usually 40!
Life is whatever.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Mine is usually around 60-70
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Yeah but I use wireless internet soo...
Life is whatever.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod