Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

I want to hear people's ideas for update weapons!

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

I want to hear people's ideas for update weapons!

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

Well so far I got this....

Soldier: Rocket Launcher you can strap to teammates if they agree, thus allowing you to launch them across the map and at enemies.
Stats: -20% damage normal rocket, Crit with a player attached, Same rocket jump height with less damage.
(still have problems with the agree command, it may be to hard to execute) Called the Man-Cannon (>_> couldn't think of a better name)

Engi: A Big Screw Driver that can build faster but carries less metal, also upgrades faster ( the amount of metal is equal to the building that uses the most metal idk which it is)
Or a Blow torch, It would do the same but he could have a more offensive weapon. Hmmmm that last one was just pulled out my ass.

THIS IS WHY I WANT TO HEAR YOUR IDEAS!!!!, its fun to share. 1,2,3......GO!
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Re: I want to hear people's ideas for update weapons!

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

Engie - this is doubful but maybe a spy detector that can warn him about incoming spies. its a weapon that takes place of pistol or something.

Soldier - something that has more then 4 rockets before you reload... 4 is too little!
ImageImage
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Unread post by Toastyking »

soldier - one rocket launcher shoots out a mini-nuke does huge amount of damage and large splash damage no crits
-some weird item, like a flag or military rations
-Big book of war: beat the hell outta someone with this large book, does more damage is slower......soldier....runs faster after killing someone?

Engie - ROKKIT LAUNCHA: as several people suggest a gun that shoots out yer metal, right click to set amount of ammo shot shoots out small screws etc when 1, fires blocks of metal with higher
- Grabbo claw thingy , takes metal from enemies about mid reach, so if you see a heavy just use this or: sentry driver allows you to drive lvl 1 sentries
- ehhh.... piece of sentry? basicly the head of a sentry on a little metal pole, does more damage has better reach, but doesnt build very well
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

For those who don't know the only weapons that can be replaced are the wrench,shotgun, and pistol for the engi.

But a good idea i had, Tesla coils replace sentry guns. When people get near it sapz em to death and brings there metal to you with magnetic field. It has 3 levels, immobilize enemies until the charge wears off. It also can be moved via wheels.

Why this isn't OP, The shock does damage but not as much as sentry, it has a charge so the higher the level the longer the charge lasts, it can shock multiple people but the more people caught in the charge the less damage is given. It would have less health.

Teleporter replacement: Launch pads, little ramps that can send team mates flying. this offers same principle as the tele but with more risk and randomness. Imagine being shot from the air by a soldier flying above you head, or it can be reversed. Unskilled users could fly to predictably right into snipers' sights and bam! Choice would be available too. instead of a distance one you could choose one that launches more vertical to reach high areas, a curved one to shoot team mates around corners fast. Combined with the good old tele you could really turn the turtle engi into a offensive tool!
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

If they were going to replace the sentry (which is highly unlikely), I was thinking that you could make up to 3 "Level 0" sentry guns that do less damage than level ones.
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

for engi a magnet that grabs fallen weapons so u can get ammo and metal while standing relatively still.
for demo motion sensor bombs some1 walks by them then boom but they have a light that blinks so u might see them.
for soldier a pickax/sledge hammer that does more damage but is slower.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

pleasenopouncing wrote:for engi a magnet that grabs fallen weapons so u can get ammo and metal while standing relatively still.for demo motion sensor bombs some1 walks by them then boom but they have a light that blinks so u might see them.
for soldier a pickax/sledge hammer that does more damage but is slower.

Hmmmm i get the feeling you didnt read my idea abot tesla coils
KEKEKE
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7708842

Unread post by KEKEKE »

Soldier:
----Main Hand: Guided rocket, the kind in HL2. Single shot, must remain stationary while firing and targeting.
----Secondary: Steroids/Stim pack allows for temporary increase in movement speed and reduced damage. 30% health loss once effects wear off.
----Melee: Bayonette, slower attack speed, attaches directly to rocket launcher, no need to switch weapons.

Demoman:
---Main: Cluster bombs. Lower damage, higher AOE.
---Secondary: Demolition pack. Roughly the damage of 8 stickies, larger AOE, must be set on location, can only drop one at a time.
---Secondary: Molotov. You'll say it's a waste of good booze till you see their flesh peel off.

Engie:
--- Sentry Replacement: Trebuchet. Long range, great for open maps (not so great for enclosed ones. You rotate it to set the trigger point in a bottle neck, capture point etc.
--- Teleporter replacement: Bridge. Would be neat.
--- Dispenser replacement: Mr. Belvedere 3000. Why go to a dispenser when it will randomly come to you!
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

The demo pack would be cool. That was a big part of TFC.

For those of you that don't know, the demo man used to actually be a demo man and had to use demo packs to blow shit up for his team.
KEKEKE
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7708842

Unread post by KEKEKE »

Like in that one level with the warden's office. The underwater caves could only be accessed via a demoman with a demopack.

Which just now made me think that it would be really awesome, with this whole new hat system, if they allowed you to get fully customizeable wardrobes, and gave snipers back the ghillie suits.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

KEKEKE wrote:, and gave snipers back the ghillie suits.
Not really usefull seeing as most levels are now industrial or wasteland and that it zooms in on who kills you.
That, and the last thing I want is an evil near invisible keke and Gabe.
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Heavy needs new stuff like 3x damage fist that go really slowly (think of eating a sandvich) the kill pic would be a train.

^this
Last edited by Toastyking on 08 Jun 2009, 06:21, edited 1 time in total.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

demoman is currently overpowered I think, you can get random kills by randomly lobbing nades and such.
ImageImage
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Demoman removed from game replaced by Memoman.

Memoman has the ability to post up memos about your workplace and, and safety in your office.

SENDING PERSONAL EMAILS? I THINK NOT!
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

theGreatZamboni wrote:For those who don't know the only weapons that can be replaced are the wrench,shotgun, and pistol for the engi.

But a good idea i had, Tesla coils replace sentry guns. When people get near it sapz em to death and brings there metal to you with magnetic field. It has 3 levels, immobilize enemies until the charge wears off. It also can be moved via wheels.

Why this isn't OP, The shock does damage but not as much as sentry, it has a charge so the higher the level the longer the charge lasts, it can shock multiple people but the more people caught in the charge the less damage is given. It would have less health.

Teleporter replacement: Launch pads, little ramps that can send team mates flying. this offers same principle as the tele but with more risk and randomness. Imagine being shot from the air by a soldier flying above you head, or it can be reversed. Unskilled users could fly to predictably right into snipers' sights and bam! Choice would be available too. instead of a distance one you could choose one that launches more vertical to reach high areas, a curved one to shoot team mates around corners fast. Combined with the good old tele you could really turn the turtle engi into a offensive tool!

the whole tesla coil was from neotf, you familiar?
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Unread post by Ghost »

A sentry that detects Disguised spys and shoots at them would be pretty cool.
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

Ghost wrote:A sentry that detects Disguised spys and shoots at them would be pretty cool.
no.... no it really wouldn't, if it was something that replaced the sentry and was a small detector that told the engy a spy just passed by it then yes, but if they gave you a sentry that could detect spies, spy wouldn't be as much fun and it wouldn't really be fair.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

What if it detected them but didn't shoot them, just made a noise that they were in the area.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I'm thinking maybe a dispenser that is also an arcade machine, because sometimes you just get bored while playing engie. That or a Sentry that you can manually control, as to avoid building stupid sentry guns.
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

Beetle wrote:
theGreatZamboni wrote:For those who don't know the only weapons that can be replaced are the wrench,shotgun, and pistol for the engi.

the whole tesla coil was from neotf, you familiar?

Nope had no idea what you are talking about, i was on a private 2fort map when someone metioned it and then i added to it
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Big ass picture, coming through!
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Engies should have like a smoke bomb or something so that when you think there is a spy around you can just whip that out and throw it and smoke can fill the room for a little bit to detect spies.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

kerplunkers is probably right
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Yeah.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Not The Author
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16538821

Unread post by Not The Author »

Everything seems to be in order...

Not sure about them Gas 'Nades, though.
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

The Blatantly OP Superweapon
Level 9001 Minigun

100% Critical hits
0% Scatter
Reduces all incoming damage by 95%
Counts as unlimited use Razorback
Comes with head-mounted forcefield rendering you impervious to headshots
200% Movement Speed

MAKE IT HAPPEN VALVE
JG215
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: JG215

Unread post by JG215 »

Demoman-

1. Sticky Launcher: launches remote bombs , that blow up on impact of anything. Reload is slow.
2. Dynamite: Instead of a remote detonator, comes in the shape of a dynamite. and has a set timer before explosion. Does double the damge than the sticky bombs.
3: Heinakin: the weapon can be thrown at them, and cause double crits. and when drunk it gives the demoman health.
To cool for a signature
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Guy Montag wrote:The Blatantly OP Superweapon
Level 9001 Minigun

100% Critical hits
0% Scatter
Reduces all incoming damage by 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999%
200% Movement Speed

MAKE IT HAPPEN VALVE
Fixed and it has about a 0.0000000000000000000001% Chance of actually dropping. NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN VALVE.
Life is whatever.
VillageSavant
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5138113

Unread post by VillageSavant »

I think if they end up giving the engy more updates they should replace sentry with a spy sensor. A rod that would cost 150 metal that creates a sphere that would uncloak and undesguise any enemy AND friendly spies in the area. If it gets upgraded that sphere becomes broader. The last upgrade would create a alarm if a spy is in the area.
- Every village needs one. I'm the best at what I do.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

captainangry wrote:What if it detected them but didn't shoot them, just made a noise that they were in the area.
Sounds like what they did on Fortess Forever, the gun made a sound if you were cloaked near it
Guy Montag wrote:The Blatantly OP Superweapon
Level 9001 Minigun

100% Critical hits
0% Scatter
Reduces all incoming damage by 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999%
200% Movement Speed
A scope :stupid:
Able to shoot through walls
Incendiary rounds
Doubles as a jetpack