Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

APB

General discussion about gaming.
4most
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37706354
Xbox Gamer Tag: skinz1193

APB

Unread post by 4most »

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/en_US/ht ... google_AD1

Looks like a great game thinking some of us sould join and all be on a side and be the CC of cops or criminals

also steam has a page about it and it is a monthly thing i think *MMO gasp* :cry:

"Yes my Fuhrer...I mean Mr. President"
-Dr. Strangelove

"What is it about nukes and 50's music that makes my warm inside? I think its the radiation."
-me
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Re: APB

Unread post by Viano »

It's pretty meh. The customization is amazing and a lot of fun to play around with all the logo designer tools and stuff like that so you can definitely make your character look just how you want if your willing to level up a lot and unlock all the options. The missions unfortunately get quite repetitive after awhile there are maybe 5 different missions they send you on and they expect sending APBs (calling other players from the opposite faction to attack you) to keep it all fresh.

The game pretty much breaks down to whoever has the better gun very little skill involved but you can get a lucky kill on someone more geared then you and that does feel pretty cool but with the really short re-spawn time they'll be kicking your ass in no time. Back to the missions also you have to have like allegiances to one of the 2 major sides at first and that whole thing is done poorly.

Finally the driving is just terrible, it's like steering a wagon full of bricks, I expected it to be like grand theft auto, not amazing but you'd get used to it, doesn't happen. I find myself driving the Garbage truck when I can cause its so slow it at least feels like it has a little more traction. You turn even a little bit and your car has the chance of easily swerving off the road or flipping.

That's just my two cents, I haven't tried it in a few weeks but maybe I'll try again tomorrow give an updated opinion.

*Edit* Just so I don't sound totally down on the game doing missions with a friend piling up in a car together can be quite fun but for some of the missions it still won't call an APB to get players to fight so its just boring driving around. But when me and Montag camped an area for a mission, him with his smg and major lag and me with my shotgun it was pretty sweet holding out against like 3-4 enemy's.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
4most
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by 4most »

Alright then guess it is a pile of shit but it is still in the beta and i assuming you and montag are in the beta you guys will have to give us some updates

-Dr. Strangelove

"What is it about nukes and 50's music that makes my warm inside? I think its the radiation."
-me
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

Viano and I are definitely not in the beta. Not at all. I mean, if we were, we'd be compelled by the user agreement to not tell anyone under threat of getting kicked out.

However, if we see anything interesting in the beta we are definitely not participating in, we'll let you know.
VillageSavant
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5138113

Unread post by VillageSavant »

Sounds suspiciously cool. If there are other neat things in this "beta" you speak of that you currently do not partake in. Please pass it along, or not... depending on whether you are or arn't playing the "beta".
But if you were... you know.... I'd like to know.
- Every village needs one. I'm the best at what I do.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I applied for the beta as a 'clan leader' and they still didn't let me in. :barf:
Boreas
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Boreas »

APB Has a free public beta open now, if you wanna get in grab your keys.
4most
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by 4most »

So me and Boreas finished our 5 hour free beta trial of APB and we basily agreed that if you dont have friends hanging around with you there is really no point in getting it

plus if it didnt have a mounthly thing i would still question about getting it

-Dr. Strangelove

-me