Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

An effort to stave spawn camping.

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

An effort to stave spawn camping.

Unread post by spleenter »

I've noticed and been really annoyed to go onto the fun server just to be instantly killed because the other team is spawn camping, usually by two or more individuals accompanied by a medic.

I think that if people knew that their medic would not follow their patients into the opposing spawn that they would be less likely to spawn camp.

So, from now on, i propose that if no medic on the fun server gets within 25 feet, (about twice the max distance of the mediguns healing effect). When i did this my team started to camp less and actually play the map more.

If I see anyone spawn camping I will refuse to heal them for the next 3 minutes, hopefully that will teach them to not spawn camp.

If you think that this would work then I would really enjoy feedback.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: An effort to stave spawn camping.

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

spleenter wrote:I've noticed and been really annoyed to go onto the fun server.....

There's your problem. :smug:
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Well there isn't anyone on the main server anymore.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

in my opinion 'spawn camping' is a viable option in tf2. if the other team is just sitting outside your spawn DOORS and waiting for you to come out, you and your team are doing something wrong. an easy fix: have a medic build an uber and push them out.

in tf2 spawn camping isn't like in other games. when i played quake2 and other older games before tf2.. there were no spawn rooms or doors. you spawned in places around the map. i once played a 1vs1 in quake 2 with a guy who memorized where all the spawn points where and what order people would spawn in them.
i'm leaving the story at that, you can just imagine how well i had my ass handed to me.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

thats when you know your playing with someone who has way too much free time on his hands.