weird virus. help plz.

How may we help you?
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

weird virus. help plz.

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

ok so my laptop has this weird virus where it says it is a antispyware thing but i did not install it. it is call antispy soft. when it is active it wont let me do anything (i.e. i tried to open up minesweeper and it did not let me and it did this with other programs as well.) , but if i log off and log back into my computer the virus has deactivated for a short time and i can open things again, but only for a short time (before it said whatever the program i was opening was infected even the taskmanager) so if you need any more info let me know and i will try and answer to the best of my ability, and plz help.i dont want to nuke my laptop
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Re: weird virus. help plz.

Unread post by Divine Fate »

It looks like what you need to do first is start your computer in safe mode. Safe mode will load the least programs as possible for your computer to run, so your virus shouldn't start. Typically, this can be done by restarting and pressing F8 during startup, before your OS actually starts (there will be a short time for you to do this). A boot menu will appear and you'll be able to choose the option to start your computer in safe mode.

The best virus removal tool is, in my opinion, Malwarebytes. If you can access your internet browser, click on over to http://www.malwarebytes.org/ to download the program. Install and run a full scan, and it should remove most if not all of your virus issues. It's always best to use more than one scan to make certain that all viruses are removed, so if you are still having problems Lavasoft's Ad-Aware is helpful too (link).
sConed
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17253385

Unread post by sConed »

Divine Fate wrote:It looks like what you need to do first is start your computer in safe mode. Safe mode will load the least programs as possible for your computer to run, so your virus shouldn't start. Typically, this can be done by restarting and pressing F8 during startup, before your OS actually starts (there will be a short time for you to do this). A boot menu will appear and you'll be able to choose the option to start your computer in safe mode.
You will need to do this, but you'll need to select Safe Mode with Networking, so you can access the internet.
I suggest doing what Divine Fate said, but if it doesn't work, you could try a system restore to a point before you had the virus. You may or may not get rid of the virus, and any infected files might remain, so you should still boot into safe mode with networking and try using the programs divine fate mentioned afterwards.

If nothing works, you'll need to reformat your HD and reinstall whatever OS you're using (If the virus you have is stored in your boot sector, reformatting and reinstalling will not work).
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

ok the virus is killed thanks for the help guys
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(