Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Donations = 4 More Player Slots

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Donations = 4 More Player Slots

Unread post by captainAngry »

I have received enough donations to upgrade the server again. As of right now, the server has been increased by 4 to a total of 28. This adds another additional slot for arena matches, making our maximum for arena 9 vs 9. We'll see how this goes and focus on collecting donations for other community improvements. For reference, to get the arena to 10 vs 10, we would only need to add an additional 2 server slots.

Before I make any more community improvements we need to collect an additional $30 in donations. That will help build up our pool of community money to allow for more money to come out for additional improvements.

Once I get a few more donations, I will create a poll to decide what improvement we make next. Depending on how much we receive in donations, the next step will be something bigger than more server slots. What I am thinking about at the moment: a second TF2 server, a Ventrilo voice server, a L4D server, or prizes for TF2 competitions.

As always, I am open to suggestions (especially from those who have donated).

To donate, click on the Image button found at the top of the forum.

Thank you again to everyone who donated.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: Donations = 4 More Player Slots

Unread post by Beetle »

We had talked about getting a private server. I think this is a bad idea actually. The server as it is is only full at certain times, and when its not its completely empty.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

I believe that he just means to make it for shenanigans rather than actual play, things like admin fights, maybe some AI tomfoolery.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Yeah, I would image that the private server would be empty the majority of the time but if we wanted to do some kind of special match or people wanted to test out a new mod the server would be available.

We could also turn it into a valve map server or something like that. I am still a ways off from making a decision but good feedback.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Unread post by Äusländer »

If enough people play L4D then go with a L4D server but as for a private server or a teamspeak server, I don't think the clan is at that level. As people before stated, the server is rarely full now, and if we need to have a match or something in the server, we lock it down and have the match. The regulars will come back. We play in an alltalk server as it is so communication isn't an issue. There's not enough teamwork to be had to organize attacks over the mic. If we decided to take alltalk off the server then it might be fun to be able to razz the other clan members over teamspeak or vent but at the moment it's just spent money.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."