Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

How you got your username

Discussion about anything.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

How you got your username

Unread post by thedoghouse »

because i'm curious on how some people got their names I made this :D

mine just came from an old e-mail that i don't know how I came up with
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: How you got your username

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Well mine happened a few years back. It was at my friends barmitzmah (not even gonna spell check that) and he has even more effed up that me. Birds of a feather flock together I guess.

Anywho, we get all crazy and then make a substance we dubbed "happy juice" made from warheads, fundip dip, and coke. So I get back to my place with my mind stranger than usual thanks to aforementioned juice and fired up Oblivion and somewhere in that mess I called a mind the name "MrKerplunkers" came to mind. So I gave that name to a High Elf I made. (He looks alot like a black guy with red skin under the face from the neck down)

Since then I became more dangerous and added that bit and... here we are. :mrgreen:
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

MrKerplunkers wrote:Well mine happened a few years back. It was at my friends barmitzmah (not even gonna spell check that) and he has even more effed up that me. Birds of a feather flock together I guess.

Anywho, we get all crazy and then make a substance we dubbed "happy juice" made from warheads, fundip dip, and coke. So I get back to my place with my mind stranger than usual thanks to aforementioned juice and fired up Oblivion and somewhere in that mess I called a mind the name "MrKerplunkers" came to mind. So I gave that name to a High Elf I made. (He looks alot like a black guy with red skin under the face from the neck down)

Since then I became more dangerous and added that bit and... here we are. :mrgreen:
that is a weird but VERY cool story :D but by coke do you mean coka-cola or coke as in cocain? :?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Dude, I don't remember by the time we were done with the it, they were both the same lethality level. :P
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

My name was just something I thought of in hopes that no one would think of it themselves, and I haven't come across another Beetle yet.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
LilSam__U
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19162719

Unread post by LilSam__U »

k well i guess i will explain my dads first cuz it kinda ties into mine..
well
AM---SAM__U....the AM is because of my name amanda ..the SAM is cuz of my sisters name samantha and u is for my brother cuz my dad cant remember his name half the time so he calls him u kid....

my name is lil sam cuz im his daughter sooooo
Last edited by LilSam__U on 05 Jan 2009, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

hmm.. i got the name HurTmePleNtY about 6 years ago when i played the game Soldier of Fortune. the first one. i played 2v2 matches with this guy name BeaTmeSillY. whoever beat's 2v2 parter was, he made them use the name HurTmePleNtY. so he gave me the name and no one else was ever his parter but me. after becoming a Christian i figured the IGN 'HereTiC!' wasn't very appropriate so i changed it to what it is now.
Aerogablaze
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19303814

Unread post by Aerogablaze »

If you dont know how i got my name then you dont know me well enough then :/ Form what i heard "Aero" Is the word for Wind? so i was think Sure....AeroSpy..That could be nice :/
"-Ahem- Gentlemen? ..."
Team Fortress 2 Hired Spy
I am Spy - Play Free Online Games
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

Kill Bill movie. Hattori Hanzo blade, so I just took out the Hattori part.
ImageImage
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

My name was given to me in High School by a close friend. I yell a lot and get passionate about a lot of things.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

My nickname since Kindergarten has been Goose. Everyone in my family's nickname is goose due to the fact that my last name has goose in it. I put g_e_oos because goose was taken.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
4most
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37706354
Xbox Gamer Tag: skinz1193

Unread post by 4most »

My name came is acullay my dads and he got it from some wind pants that had "Foremost Liquor" and it just stuck. Its really funny since it was someone's elses :lol:

"Yes my Fuhrer...I mean Mr. President"
-Dr. Strangelove

"What is it about nukes and 50's music that makes my warm inside? I think its the radiation."
-me
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

HuRtMePleNtY wrote:hmm.. i got the name HurTmePleNtY about 6 years ago when i played the game Soldier of Fortune. the first one. i played 2v2 matches with this guy name BeaTmeSillY. whoever beat's 2v2 parter was, he made them use the name HurTmePleNtY. so he gave me the name and no one else was ever his parter but me. after becoming a Christian i figured the IGN 'HereTiC!' wasn't very appropriate so i changed it to what it is now.
Whoa, I remember someone named HereTiC on IGN. Were you the one with popular nonstaff blog? Anyway, my first ever forums name (was at BZPower) was Rift Continuum. I was 11 at the time, so I thought I was cool for using big words ~_~. As time went on, I stumbled upon Gamespot ("Wow they tell you how good a game is before you buy it?!"), my first nonkiddy forum. They had restrictitions on name lengths so Rift Continuum didn't fit. I had to change my name to Rifton to meet the requirements. I stayed on Gamespot for 2 years, never really straying, until I played my first Advance Wars game. It was like magic, I had to have more. I began looking around Gamespot and noticed someone's signature saying something about a Custom Advance Wars where you make the COs. I joined there, played the beta of the game, submitted some COs that almost got in the game, and made some friends. One day in the board's IRC chat someone yelled RIFT ON! as I joined someone else responded with RIFT OFF!, and since then my name has been Riftoff.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

nah not the same HereTiC. that name came from the game Soldier of Fortune. it was the console command for godmode when sv_cheats 1. i used that name because i hardly ever died, and it made people mad.
genie
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20121258

Unread post by genie »

At first I used dbombslady, because [shock] I was dbombs girlfriend, and I played on his account. When I made my own account I used Genie [dbombslady] and then I just dropped the dbombslady part. I was named after my grandma, but at the time I was born we all lived in the same house, so I was given the nickname of Genie. That and every one of my siblings got a nickname when they were born. I'm unimaginative, ergo the use of my nickname as my game name.
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

My name comes from the old Jimmy Dean song "Big Bad John". Growing up, I was always the biggest (and perhaps ...badest) kid in my class, and today I carry on at 6' 4" - 245 Pounds

It's a tag I've had all my life, and I kinda like it

(yeah yeah... right now I know all you young whippersnappers are asking... who the (expletive deleted) is Jimmy Dean???!!!
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

I had a alias with a very bad rep (which i will not disclose the name of) so i decided to change the name. I think some of the influence of my name came from someone saying, "Solid Snake is SO COOL noone can beat him." then I had seen some movie or book about some crazy fictional water monster made of water that has complete control of all water in the surrounding area, can make it turn to ice, move it , etc (I bet THAT could beat Solid Snake). I had thoughts swimming in my head the day i decided to change the alias so what came to mind is Liquid Death.
Altair the spy

Unread post by Altair the spy »

i vowed to to get assassin's creed and be the best spy ever i could be
i figured out Altair's name and used it as a symbol in the future to be swift and quick
but yet i cannot do it today but remember i am not as peaceful as i seem
my knife up your ass
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Um, mine comes from my grandpa. He played Dungeons and Dragons a lot, and I mean a lot. Him and his friend were Dantego and Sastor. I took his friends name but more girlish and he kept his. He is like my best friend so it kinda goes well. We still play games together and he is Dantego and I'm Sastora, when G_e_oos plays he is usually Skylan.
c:
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

(yeah yeah... right now I know all you young whippersnappers are asking... who the (expletive deleted) is Jimmy Dean???!!!
Hey I'm only 18 but I've listened to that all my life!
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

g_e_oos wrote:Hey I'm only 18 but I've listened to that all my life!

That make you a good whippersnapper!! - Next match, I'll kill you last. :lol:
Awesomesauce
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17643787
Location: Toronto, Ontario...but mostly where you least expect me.

Unread post by Awesomesauce »

My name came from a certain someone when iw as still playing the massive MMORPG World of Warcraft.

I KNOW RIGHT SO LAME. SO when i joined a new guild and told them my story someone was like "Awesomesauce".

When i first read that that i stared at my screen in awesomeness for like 3 minutes and thought that was THE BEST WORD EVAR.

So when i came around to Steam, AGAIN, I needed a new name so i named myself Awesomesauce....NO IT IS NOT MAN JUICE!!!!

And my other name Dr.Giggles, just so happened i was thinking of evil sounding things and Dr.Giggles sounded evil yet incredibly preposterous.

I know pretty lame eh...yes i am Canadian.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

He-he, thats awesome...Awesomesauce.
I like your 'avatar'. Its cute!
Awesomesauce
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

;) Thanks!
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

You're welcome.
genie
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20121258

Unread post by genie »

<3 awesomesauce
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Awesomesauce wrote:My name came from a certain someone when iw as still playing the massive MMORPG World of Warcraft.

I KNOW RIGHT SO LAME. SO when i joined a new guild and told them my story someone was like "Awesomesauce".

When i first read that that i stared at my screen in awesomeness for like 3 minutes and thought that was THE BEST WORD EVAR.

So when i came around to Steam, AGAIN, I needed a new name so i named myself Awesomesauce....NO IT IS NOT MAN JUICE!!!!

And my other name Dr.Giggles, just so happened i was thinking of evil sounding things and Dr.Giggles sounded evil yet incredibly preposterous.

I know pretty lame eh...yes i am Canadian.
massive MMORPG, huh?
Awesomesauce
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

massive MMORPG, huh?
Yea i know right?

Gayness
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

no. i played wow. i was laughing at the fact that you said massive when its MMORPG already lol
Awesomesauce
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Oh LOL i kinda forgot what MMO was huh.

Massive Multiplayer Online i think? Lol