Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

How you got your username

Discussion about anything.
Tillery
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:15586210

Re: How you got your username

Unread post by Tillery »

From my e-mail address, "artillerymagnet"
Which was from Battlefield 2. Because I was once VERY unlucky with random artillery strikes on my head, usually when I was the only guy around.
( Of course, artillerymagnet sounds better than cardrop magnet too. :? )
So yeah. I started playing TF2, and hearing people on microphones having a hard time saying my name quickly, I shortened it.
Hence 'Tillery.
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

this goes way back once i started playing starcraft. WHEN i first started playing online my account name was NicktheLgger (couldnt shorten it). then i played a guy named kevin at my school and we would play over the phone connection and when we played his account was agent_kevin. he was a boss at the game and totally raped the bots so i decided to change my name to agent_nick. over the years i became a real good starcraft map maker and joined a top clan on USeast(Clan Oo) and im still part of it. in order for me to join i had to slim my name down to fit. Oo.AgenT.oO was born. soon i changed the capital T to the N to make Oo.AgeNt.oO and when i joined steam i wanted the short "Agent" part of it but have the _nick part so i did the best without saying my name. AgeNt_ was born.
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

AgeNt_ wrote:this goes way back once i started playing starcraft. WHEN i first started playing online my account name was NicktheLgger (couldnt shorten it). then i played a guy named kevin at my school and we would play over the phone connection and when we played his account was agent_kevin. he was a boss at the game and totally raped the bots so i decided to change my name to agent_nick. over the years i became a real good starcraft map maker and joined a top clan on USeast(Clan Oo) and im still part of it. in order for me to join i had to slim my name down to fit. Oo.AgenT.oO was born. soon i changed the capital T to the N to make Oo.AgeNt.oO and when i joined steam i wanted the short "Agent" part of it but have the _nick part so i did the best without saying my name. AgeNt_ was born.
hey nick!
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
zipzap62
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13704679

Unread post by zipzap62 »

Was setting up my ps2 to play online, poped in the ole' Tribes Aerial Assault (amazing game btw) and when it asked for a user name, I looked around the room and saw my "zip zap" mini RC car.

thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

zipzap62 wrote:Was setting up my ps2 to play online, poped in the ole' Tribes Aerial Assault (amazing game btw) and when it asked for a user name, I looked around the room and saw my "zip zap" mini RC car.
Tribes aerial assualt? DUDE I got that game last year for $10 (wal-mart.com ;) ) and it really is fun

but I didn't know anyone else knew it existed >.>
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
zipzap62
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13704679

Unread post by zipzap62 »

thedoghouse wrote:
zipzap62 wrote:Was setting up my ps2 to play online, poped in the ole' Tribes Aerial Assault (amazing game btw) and when it asked for a user name, I looked around the room and saw my "zip zap" mini RC car.
Tribes aerial assualt? DUDE I got that game last year for $10 (wal-mart.com ;) ) and it really is fun

Same! We should play some time lol (if I can even find the damn game)

Haven't played in years
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

zipzap62 wrote:
thedoghouse wrote:

Same! We should play some time lol (if I can even find the damn game)

Haven't played in years
I haven't been able to get my PS2 online but I could try :awesome:
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
NotReallyHere
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by NotReallyHere »

mine is just a silly little play on words - sure, it's an online game, but I'm not really there - so I'm NotReallyHere - in game, most of my friends laugh at it when they see it... once we get a second computer set up for my son, he wants to be SonofNotReallyHere - which I'm proud to say I like!
Surnem
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21134355

Unread post by Surnem »

This is actually my secondary username. Normally, I use Derivious (which I'll explain in a second). In a MMORPG called Guild Wars (which I still play now and again) I made a female monk character (who I still have) named Surnem Alro. I tried to make all my characters have interesting sounding names. One day I made my account for Steam and Derivious (23 people have used Derivious, and Derivious#... which kinda freaked me out) was already taken, so I thought: well, I have a bunch of original names from Guild Wars. I ran through the names and thought Surnem fit the best and was easiest to remember/spell correctly (compare to Ytonmo).

Derivious was a name that I made up for gaming in a RPG forum. The name was given to a character who was half-elf, half-dragon (which I think is pretty cool).

Fun fact: Over 100 people on Youtube have used the name Derivious. At least 20 have used Surnem. Of these, nobody with the name Derivious has posted a video, and only one person named Surnem (and this person doesn't even have a number) has posted, but he only has one Indian music video of some sort (and now I'm scared Surnem actually MEANS something in Indian).
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
DracoZilla
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20181095
Twitter Username: robheisel
Xbox Gamer Tag: Green Soda King

Unread post by DracoZilla »

i just came up with my name :P
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

DARN U DRACO U STOLED MaH 100TH POST RAWR. Back to the story.
I'm not gonna lie, my DOG came up with this name.(And no, it's not from the flash website phrozenflame.com that's complete coincidence.) I was playing TF2 one day when I randomly decided to change my name for some reason. While thinking of a name I went to go make lunch sincce I was getting kinda hungry. When I return I find my little dog typing on my computer with "phrozonfllame" for some reason. I just stuck with it.
GiroUrashima's my name so yeah...
And Trilby comes from... well...

It comes from that. A game. About STEALING. FOR I AM TRILBY, GENTLEMEN THIEF. And that's about it.
Life is whatever.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Unread post by Joe's Crab Shack »

Joes crab shack is my favorite restaraunt. Though now my name is "The Rat", i may change it back if i dont change it to anything else anytime soon. I have trouble with just sticking to one name.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
JG215
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: JG215

Unread post by JG215 »

I've got mine cuz the first two initals are my first and last name, (JG) ,and the 215 part is my birthday date , (2/15)
To cool for a signature
Duckwalk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15126698

Unread post by Duckwalk »

Duckwalk comes from a scene in the movie scarface where tony montana is talking about how hard it is to smuggle drugs into the states.

"What are you nuts? We still gotta take the shit to Florida. You know what thats like these days? They got the Navy all over the fuckin place. They got frogmen, they got EC 2's with satellite tracking shit in em, they got fuckin Bell 209 assult choppers up the ass, we are losing one out of every nine loads. its no duckwalk for us anymore, y'know."

the second part of my name was more just a joke back in sm, but i liked it and it kinda stuck. also it gives me something recognizable and fun to associate to my name so people remember me and lol at a mock infatuation of a pokeman.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I always thought you sounded kinda like that guy in that video. Especially when you are completely wasted.
Kittylipstikk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17666999

Unread post by Kittylipstikk »

lol! they can sound similar hahaha
Minus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20616057

Unread post by Minus »

http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus.html

^That comic. I'm a magical little girl.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Minus wrote:http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus.html

^That comic. I'm a magical little girl.
If I ever get admin powers, I'm renaming you Positive. :woop:
Life is whatever.
Kerb
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Xbox Gamer Tag: Roflkerb

Unread post by Kerb »

Lol That video is classic Duckwalk, and the story of my user name is that it is simply just a part of my last name :D
Dongorongoro

Unread post by Dongorongoro »

My nick is a combination of "Ngorongoro" (A crater in Tanzania) and [if you couldn't figure it out] 'Dong'.

I used to use Ngorongoro, but because of certain factors about myself, the 'Do' got appended by several of my friends :p

Oh well.
Breal
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19757438

Unread post by Breal »

Got my name from a short story called Xenocide, the story was amazing so i stole the name
but seeing as when i made this account i had misplaced the book i forget if it was breal or brael ( this one) so i made my forum name breal by accident

My name used to be shadowwolff for the longest time ( second f is cause shadowwolf was always taken so i jsut said screaw it and added the extra f to be consistent)
got shadowwolff based of off the tv show zoids where there was the bad ass fox called shadowfox
Wolf>fox
name made

for future reference its pronounced like the bumps blind people use to read
MehPlusRawr
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:21247467

Unread post by MehPlusRawr »

Previously my most-used name was "Whyareyouhaxxingme" (self explanatory ;D) But some places didn't accept such a long time, in which cases I settled for WAYHM. I was messing around later, decided not enough people knew the word "Meh", and defined it in a comedic essay. (Calling it an essay was basically a joke.) I also said that I'd define the term "Rawr", except that STILL hasn't happened >_> never will lol. Later, I thought of "MehPlusRawr" and preferably use that in most places.
When life gives you lemons, throw them out, but then make a witty signature about it like Goose.

And also like me.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20067578

Unread post by Ex-PFC Wintergreen »

My name comes directly from the book catch-22. It's a great book. It was between that and Milo minderbender.
At least I don't have flies in my eyes.
Rage Quit Master

Unread post by Rage Quit Master »

i had alot of aliases before this soo when i was in the fun server someone mentioned fail numerous times and i kept thinking phail then i just remembered alpha squad from killzone 2 so i just combined them :P
Alphaphail
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Hiiiii Alphaaaa
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Rage Quit Master

HOWDY DO 2 U 2!!
Alphaphail
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

Lol. You sound like a cowboy.
Rage Quit Master

can i call u tora? sastora?
Alphaphail
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

Everyone calls me Sas or Sassy but sure. I don't mind Tora. Lol.
Rage Quit Master

SUCCESS!... sorry i just like saying that when i accomplish something :stupid:
Alphaphail