Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Let's rant about the new update!

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Let's rant about the new update!

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Seriously. Valve never took the time to explain them. So, I have a couple of questions that maybe some of you picked up from 3rd party sources.

-What causes a drop to occur?
-Are there drop rates for each item or is it all a random chance?
-Are achievements worth anything any more and reduced to gamer point style bs or do they increase drop rates?
-Can I still unlock old weapons through achievements?

I am sure other people have some of these questions as well, so answer away.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Spy update = fail

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

So, I like to play spy sometimes, I think it's my fourth most played class (engie,pyro,soldier,spy) and I was looking forward to this update. Now I think it's basically just useless. There is no new dagger and no new sapper, just two watches and a gun, and I can't even get them because of this random item bullshit. All I got was a new ubersaw. Why would it even award me that if I already have it, how stupid is that? So I'll end up with dozens of new duplicate items in my inventory for no reason, what does that do for me? Anyhow, I am giving this update a fail on a pass/fail grading scale. Good luck getting your new items.
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Re: Let's rant about the new update!

Unread post by g_e_oos »

I actually think I would love the update.... If I could get it... Hopefully they will change it tomorrow because this is getting ridiculous. I was the first one on the server and all I got was the backburner. Cap was on early and he got nothing. Keke was on two hours after me and he got the bow and the shield.... I don't understand!! We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Edit: Okay just because I wanted to and finally had the chance to do it, I merged two threads.(Mr. K's and Plastics)
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

I like it, except I apparently have pretty bad luck.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

It's great for their new system, which they could add new items for ANY class without having to implement achievements and crap. Digging it right now.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

I left tf2 on from 4 to 9 last night when I went to bed. Well, yes you can get items by sitting in spectate.... unfortuantley I only got the sandman again....
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Unread post by Toastyking »

Oy the only thing I got was the Cloak 'n' Dagger so yay but they should really get rid of being allowed to get duplicate items kinda retarded
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

But seriously, I do like the new update. I couldn't stand playing for a week or two after every update and with no real reason to achievement farm, the game is still playable for me. It sucks having played all last night to not unlock anything, but I don't play Spy or Sniper much anyway.
coolbreeze
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:16199966

Unread post by coolbreeze »

captainangry wrote:Image

But seriously, I do like the new update. I couldn't stand playing for a week or two after every update and with no real reason to achievement farm, the game is still playable for me. It sucks having played all last night to not unlock anything, but I don't play Spy or Sniper much anyway.
: As some users have noticed, there are a few bugs in the new unlockable system. Valve's Robin Walker explains to RPS:

"As in everything else we do, we want to iterate, so this is really the first step towards our desired implementation," said Walker. "We also think we have bugs in the system as well, since we're seeing some players not finding any items after a few hours of play, which is not at all how it's tuned. We want unlockable drops to be a pretty regular occurrence for players, with the cosmetic hats being the rare finds."
http://www.shacknews.com/
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

played for 3 hours on a server, no items

then i get the huntsman

it was worth it

this weapon has made sniper one of my favorte classes.
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I very much enjoy the new update. Sniper is my second most used class. (Engineer:65 hours.) Huntsman was worth the find as I kick ass with it. The new system was an interesting idea on how to get unlocks.

...Also, for those of you complaining about having a bunch of duplicates, you do know that if you really wanted to you could delete them right?
Life is whatever.