Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

TF2 Getting very laggy

How may we help you?
deadmouse8
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16551980

TF2 Getting very laggy

Unread post by deadmouse8 »

For some reason when i kill someone or die it makes a veryyyy long lag spike. This suddenly happend about 3 days ago. So can anyone tell me how to fix this or if they have the same problem

Thx
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Re: TF2 Getting very laggy

Unread post by steve09 »

Wasn't the latest update released about 3 days or so ago? Maybe your game files are fragmented, after any Steam update I always do a defrag of my hard drive. I get random lag sometimes, then I have poor hardware that I'm pushing to the max and a sometimes unsteady internet connection.

Try using the Windows Defrag to make sure your hard drive isn't fragmented, then use Steam's defrag to make sure your game files are not fragmented internally. Then come back after you've done this and let us know if you still have the same problem.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Re: TF2 Getting very laggy

Unread post by Divine Fate »

This is actually caused by the new Steam Cloud sync feature. To remove most of the lag caused when killing or being killed, go into Options > Multiplayer > Advanced, then uncheck the steam cloud sync setting (it's the very last option).