Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Updated Forum Profile Pages

Announcements for our community.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Updated Forum Profile Pages

Unread post by captainAngry »

I did some work today to update the forum profile pages. This amounted to me re-writing the page from scratch to get it to look almost the same as it did before. There are, however, a few upgrades that I made that should interest at least some of you.

If you have a steam id in your profile (most of you already have this) you will now see both the steam profile badge and the admin rating badge in your profile. Not super exciting but it will allow people to find you more easily without having to find one of your posts.

If you add your Twitter username to your profile, you will see a twitter feed in your profile. The widget will pickup anything that contains your username and show the last 10 tweets in your profile. I will more than likely make updates to the forum topic pages to allow users to at the very least see that you have specified a twitter account.

You can manage your profile here: ucp.php?i=164 (that page still needs to be recoded).

Upcoming updates to the forum profiles include linking your YouTube account (to show either your favorite you tube videos or the last few videos you posted) and adding Facebook profile info. I want to make the profiles something that people can actually use if they wanted to but I know that there are much better places that people already update on a regular basis that I would much rather tap into. Then you can continue to do status updates and whatnot and people on the forum can follow it if they wanted to.

If anyone has any ideas on how to better improve the profile pages, please let me know.

-Captain
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Updated Forum Profile Pages

Unread post by captainAngry »

I'm working on adding xbox gamer cards next. I did some preliminary stuff so now if you put your xbox gamer tag in your profile you'll get your xbox avatar in your profile for everyone to see. You can check out my profile for an example: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

I'll be working on getting the full gamer card into the profile as well as some kind of representation in the forum posts at some point when I'm not being lazy.