Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Real Life Analogue

General discussion about gaming.
4most
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37706354
Xbox Gamer Tag: skinz1193

Re: Real Life Analogue

Unread post by 4most »

Sometimes when I ride my bike I look a HUD........

One time i was really tired and my brother tried sneaking up on me. He did and i yell "SPY!!!!!!!!!" then i just stood there. realizing life isnt TF2 Jk but the top one did happen

"Yes my Fuhrer...I mean Mr. President"
-Dr. Strangelove

"What is it about nukes and 50's music that makes my warm inside? I think its the radiation."
-me
Duckwalk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15126698

Unread post by Duckwalk »

i cant say anything irl is effected by my gameplay other than me seeing a gas can or propane tank and thinking of l4d. or maybe the way i look at buildings or rooms and think about how effctive they would be in terms of defending against a zombie invasion but in all reality i have been doing that long before any sort of zombie game came out.

but i will admit that playing tf2 really alters how i play other games. i find myself spychecking in CSS and other multiplayer games of that nature. i mean... if i cant walk through u, my first reaction is to pump u full of lead... and that shit doesnt fly on ff css servers.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20067578

Unread post by Ex-PFC Wintergreen »

I have that problem with admin powers. I was walking home once and I could see my house in the distance and it was like 105 outside and my first thought was "shit if only I could tele there!"
At least I don't have flies in my eyes.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

Duckwalk wrote:i cant say anything irl is effected by my gameplay other than me seeing a gas can or propane tank and thinking of l4d. or maybe the way i look at buildings or rooms and think about how effctive they would be in terms of defending against a zombie invasion but in all reality i have been doing that long before any sort of zombie game came out.

but i will admit that playing tf2 really alters how i play other games. i find myself spychecking in CSS and other multiplayer games of that nature. i mean... if i cant walk through u, my first reaction is to pump u full of lead... and that shit doesnt fly on ff css servers.
both of these.

i also size up rooms thinking to my self, " i wonder how a sentry would do here?" or if i see a ledge i would be like " i could totally double jump up to there"
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18753451

Unread post by rudedog04 »

i shoved my bro off my comp as if i had a gun on me so i can take my shot.

I also carried Target brand Painpills everywhere i went, since they look exactly like the L4D pills. I was in the van, my mother saw, she asked why. All i said was "Just in case".
ImageImage
I did have a headache all day so.................
ImageImage
Last edited by rudedog04 on 05 Aug 2009, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

I've never done or had anything like that happen to me but every time I am in the mountains I feel like I go into the past and dinosaurs are every where.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Unread post by Viano »

Never done any of that for gaming per say. But I do try to gauge the effectiveness of wherever I am for a zombie invasion.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

I treat fights as a series of quicktime events
TheOneTL
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1723487

Unread post by TheOneTL »

I've had an instance when I was walking to school, there was a little metal box that I swear almost looked like the ammo boxes in Fall Out 3. Me,being half asleep at the time still, I walked over and waited for the "Press E to Open"...after awhile I finally realized its a lie
Rage Quit Master

Unread post by Rage Quit Master »

when i see a no smoking sign i feel safe because no smokers are gonna be there :woop:
Alphaphail
Phrawger
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20205655

Unread post by Phrawger »

I went to Scotland over the summer and visited a veeeeeeery old castle, one wall taken out, stairs busted in some places. I figured out where the snipers should be, where demomen should lay a trap, and where a level 3 sentry would roll the other team.

I gotta get out more.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Lol. Thats crazy. I don't do that but I drove down a street and felt like I was in the map bedrooms.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Rage Quit Master

Unread post by Rage Quit Master »

Sastora wrote:Lol. Thats crazy. I don't do that but I drove down a street and felt like I was in the map bedrooms.
ok....
Alphaphail