Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Admin Abuse

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Re: Admin Abuse

Unread post by thedoghouse »

excalibur wrote:
KEKEKE wrote:@plastic

2) The map is on 2fort for some reason and each team has 11 people. Excalibur says to you "We should go melee". Do you:

a) Change it to melee.
b) Call a melee vote.
c) Kick the spycrab
d) Mute Thursday.

It was doghouse , not me , NUMBNUTS
wait a second... so you're saying that I said we should go melee only with 11 people on 2fort?

1.I has no mic
2. melee only on 2fort? thats like telling a sniper he can't snipe on one of those sniper maps. I could just imagine a scout running in, taking the flag and capping it because he is fast so he can, and there are no sentries to stop him.

NOW DON'T GO BLAMING ME!!!
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Not The Author
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16538821

Unread post by Not The Author »

KEKEKE wrote:each team has 11 people
Apparently, there were 22 people.

Also, why would anyone suggest melee on 2fort? It doesn't make sense, as doghouse has observed.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

RandomGuy wrote:
TF2_WIKI wrote:Apart from the Rocket jump, there is no other way to scale the map by normal means. However, upon reaching the top of the map where the CP lies, it is possible to continue moving down towards the opposing side's spawn point. Though it may take practice, your ability to use your rockets to deter enemies is an important skill that may mean the difference between victory and defeat. If you choose to do such, it's advised that you should stay near one of the platforms where both a med pack and ammo box will be located, in order to ensure that you can continuously fire upon and slow your opposition.
never lies

sorry but anyone can create an article on wiki. just a fyi.
ie. some ppl that i went to highschool with made a wiki on this kid who likes the musical group ICP (not a band), and wrote all this shit about him. anyone can make any kind of wiki.

your argument is invalid when you use sources that are composed of fallacies(wiki).

the object of jump maps is such: reach the goal (CP or Intel) through the obstacle course by performing various jumps/maneuvers. Once you reach the CP/intel patiently wait for others to complete the map, help others, or if possible change classes and try to go through the map again as your newly selected class.

the object is not:
  • Teleport to the CP/Intel.
  • Capture the CP or Intel.
  • Kill other players if another team is available.
  • Bitch and moan that you cant jump so you try and encourage everyone to rock the vote without any reasonable effort to attempt to jump, learn or practice how to get past a part you are stuck on; even if its the beginning of the map.
  • Buzzkill others by nominating Stupid-Fucking-non-jump maps while others are in the middle of the map already, then proceed to rock the vote, and leave once you connect to the next map
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Sorry hurtme. While I think you really shouldn't ever cap on a jump map. As long as it's only on the fun server and people are only teleporting themselves I don't see a problem with it.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

g_e_oos wrote:Sorry hurtme. While I think you really shouldn't ever cap on a jump map. As long as it's only on the fun server and people are only teleporting themselves I don't see a problem with it.
Well that's the abuse part. Usually now when I see people teleporting on jump maps, I ask them what they're doing and if they're going to the end and proceed to do any of those things, it usually results in a kick.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

Divine Fate wrote:
g_e_oos wrote:Sorry hurtme. While I think you really shouldn't ever cap on a jump map. As long as it's only on the fun server and people are only teleporting themselves I don't see a problem with it.
Well that's the abuse part. Usually now when I see people teleporting on jump maps, I ask them what they're doing and if they're going to the end and proceed to do any of those things, it usually results in a kick.
admin noclip ftf
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by g_e_oos »

I tele on the fun server on jump maps and I don't see a problem as long as it's not effecting the people who are actually jumping. I'm not going to go around teleporting during an actual game though. That is kinda why we got the fun server in the first place. To keep that crap off the regular server.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

You guys keep proving to me that the fun server isn't :)
KEKEKE
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7708842

Unread post by KEKEKE »

Call me old fashioned, but I always figured the fun server was for people who wanted to play the maps that aren't basic TF2 gameplay, such as jump maps or wacky races or team trial, etc. I didn't know Captain bought a server so people could spam admin.

P.S. Doghouse would never have called a melee vote on 2fort. He is a sniper. That doesn't even make sense.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by g_e_oos »

How is people using tele that bad on maps that are in no way competitive?
KEKEKE
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7708842

Unread post by KEKEKE »

Check my original post.
"Teleporting is fine and all if people are playing cyberpunk and you just want to build in the skybox or snipe on the tallest building or whatever, but if you are playing a map with a goal like a cp or a team trial, you are cheating when you teleport. It doesn't matter if YOU don't like the goal of the map, other people are trying. When you teleport yourself to the finish or someone else from where they are, you are ruining other players gameplay."

I am not against people dicking around and having fun teleporting and whatnot on silly maps. I'll teleport the heck out of Thursday on Cyberpunk. Unfortunately most maps DO have a point and some people are trying to accomplish the goal of the map, and by teleporting to the end of the map, even if you don't capture you are cheating.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Sounds like I need to remove teleport.

At least on the jump maps...
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Sounds like I need to remove teleport.

At least on the jump maps...
And I had JUST gotten to the 14th part of Apeture Scoot Jump when it changed to like skyscraper 2 or something. I wanted to tele back to where I was when (and if) I got admin powers. FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Back to the topic. Mosty I agree with Keke except for some of the teleing part. Doghouse tele'd on team trial a while back and was raging hard about his team sucking too. Really, I don't have a problem with this. His team fails at the soldier jump and the other team's capping as he teles. However, if I'm tele'd onto Wintergreen's sticky bombs while i'm in the skybox on cyberpunk, I myself would get pissed (because I'd have to ask about 50,000 times for an admin to tele me back up since I don't have admin powers myself.). :? Mostly though, I'm fine with whatever. Seems like more havoc occurs on the main server than the fun server. (Admins kicking/banning admins is the main thing I hear when a Cc Member joins the server.) Also, teleing on jump maps is fine with me, though this is just my honest opinion.
Life is whatever.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

It doesn't seem like this is too much of an issue as of late. Locked to prevent whatever crap that could come from this.