Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Official •cC• Contribute Thread

General discussion about gaming.
Vengeful Sinz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17045888
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vengeful Sinz

Re: Official •cC• Contribute Thread

Unread post by Vengeful Sinz »

Your idea could fix the problem, but we still don't know if it is overpowered or not unless we field test it. :x
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Might as well send it in though, eh?
Life is whatever.
Vengeful Sinz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I sent the Email today. Here's an attachment of it. I left out the part where it reduced his speed but I'll tell him if he has a problem with it not reducing speed or something.
Attachments
'Till Death.txt
(2.72 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Life is whatever.
Vengeful Sinz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I think since Valve jokes a lot on their blog that would accept the type of word choice that you selected for this. For a couple of places in that message it felt more like you were joking around instead of trying to sell your idea and if Valve was a serious company I could see them ignoring it for that reason.
Overall Analysis of your message: I say it was very well done, besides the joking parts, which hopefully won't hinder your chances of them making 'Till Death.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

OK! so here we go:
1) A "Kiss me I'm Scottish" T-shirt for the demoman

2) A beer mug hat for the demoman

3) A sandvich hat for the heavy (kinda like a cheesehead hat)

3) A T-shirt with rainbows and unicorns on it for scout

4) A hood for the spy (even got a name for this one: The Robbin' Hood)

5) A "Long-Neck" bottle for the demo (basically a bottle with the reach of the sword or axe)

6) A suit of armor for the demo, takes the pipe-bomb slot

7) A pipe-bomb launcher for the demo that shoots the bombs long distance but they're smaller bombs that do less damage and have less explosive radius

8) A throwing-knife for the spy that does a sorta back-stab insta-kill if it hit someone in the head

9) A pistol for the spy that has a scope that works just like the snipers, normal un-scoped damage is 50% less

10) A sapper for the spy that is harder to take off but saps slower (or vise-versa)

11) A needle gun for the medic that is really accurate, does more damage, but only shoots one or 3 at a time

12) A medi-gun that heals the patient and the medic, but heals 50% as fast

(skipping 13)

14) A bonesaw that heals you each time you get a hit but hits slower (kinda like the ubersaw but a little different)

15) A bottle of Vodka for the Heavy, gives you more health, you take less damage, but messes with your vision (kinda like the drugs mod)

16) A close-range flamethrower for the pyro, you have to walk right up to the person to burn them but the fire does twice as much damage and burns for half as long

ok so I'm gunna stop here with 15 ideas, if you read them all congrats, if you bother to make them then you're awesome. TADA! and what not
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

What you guys gotta realize is that the contribute page is only for basically re-models or new skins for weapons, such as the skull cutter axe replacing the sword. You don't need to think of attributes or what the weapon or hat will do, Valve does that. Also the weapon has to be able to use the same animation as the weapon its replacing.

Also hats have to be reasonable and suit the actual universe.

I've been thinking of working on a TF2 hat since I'm beginning to learn a bit of modeling, but I need some ideas.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

Tempest wrote:What you guys gotta realize is that the contribute page is only for basically re-models or new skins for weapons, such as the skull cutter axe replacing the sword. You don't need to think of attributes or what the weapon or hat will do, Valve does that. Also the weapon has to be able to use the same animation as the weapon its replacing.

Also hats have to be reasonable and suit the actual universe.

I've been thinking of working on a TF2 hat since I'm beginning to learn a bit of modeling, but I need some ideas.
You're kidding right? I just gave you 15 ideas, work on those! :isee:
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
E(rik)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25824400

Unread post by E(rik) »

Are there any modelers here who can teach me how to design things? I don't know shit about modeling, and I really would like to learn how. Like, what programs do I use and things like that?
Ask me about my Saxxy again and I'll shove it up your goddamn asshole.