Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Banned

Discussion about anything.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Banned

Unread post by GrimGriz »

I brought some friends to the server and then Viano decided to rename one to scrote. So, I summarily kicked him for fucking with my friends, after which I was banned. This wasn't the fun server by the way, and my friend wasn't doing anything. We'd only been there for 2-3 minutes.

At any rate, I'm not concerned about the banning or unbanning, but I wanted to bring Viano's douchery to light and say my farewells. A lot of you are really great people, but I think I fit better into more mature communities.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Re: Banned

Unread post by Sastora »

I'd unban you if I knew how, sorry buddy.
I think RudeDog knows how.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Well I know you don't care, but it was a 10 minute ban. Pretty much everyone who uses their admin uses it in an immature way, including you. gl
Sastora wrote:I'd unban you if I knew how, sorry buddy.
I think RudeDog knows how.
that doesn't make sense to me :/
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Unread post by Viano »

I rename people, so what? All it does is change their names it doesn't inhibit there game I'm not kicking them, I'm not teleporting them or anything like that, I simply changed his name. You want to ask me not to that's cool but you kick me without saying a word in the middle of a game? So I gave you a 10 minute ban cause you pissed me off. See ya.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

How does that not make sense beetle? RudeDog can unban I think. C:
And Yeah you probably shouldn't have kicked him people are renamed all the time.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Unread post by Joe's Crab Shack »

Is this the same 14 year old Ruedog that made the thread about anal sex?

And he has admin powers why?
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

Because Cc'ers like threads about anal sex and furries?

Renaming isn't that big of deal IMO, at least he wasn't sending little kids to furry sites.

Now scrote probably is short for scrotum as far as I know. Which might be offensive, 'specially to someone new to the server.

All I can say is it's more fun to have people playing on the server than not, so maybe admins should take their actions into account.
You know someone, screw with them, you don't, leave 'em be so they can see it's a fun server and they will come back, then you get to know them and you can screw with them.
Remember the last few months with NOBODY on the server? That sucked.

I'd always say that a kick is a first action. Kicking PJ was sooo much fun, then he'd come back and rage. Save the bans for someone being a major dick, usually a kick and rejoin will straighten them out.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Joes_crab_shack wrote:Is this the same 14 year old Ruedog that made the thread about anal sex?

And he has admin powers why?
lol thats just an example of what i mean, sastora.
I didn't mean what you said didn't make sense.
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7761101

Unread post by arkawn »

wtf rudedogs pretty responsible with his admin and hes had unban capabilities forever

why does that not make sense
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

pretty responsible. lol
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

I agree, he is responsible with his powers. Just because he makes 'mistakes' in his life doesn't make him not responsible.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

I'm totally not relating his post about himself with his admin abilities. Its just my opinion. He's just contributing to the annoying mic spamming problems. You can say what you want, the funserver is actually called the immature server.
Celtic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37669475

Unread post by Celtic »

He perm banned someone for destroying a dispenser even though the person just logged on.
I thought it was hysterical.
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

I personally have no dog in this particular fight, nor do I have any first have knowledge of the incident in question as I was not present when it occurred. But these issues do seem to be a recurring process at many servers. Considering same, I would therefore submit the following for consideration:

1. With great power comes great responsibility.
2. The misuse of power will certainly invite a similar abuse of powers by others.
3. These abuses do not benefit this community, nor were they the reason the powers were given.
4. Powers vested to an individual are given for the purpose of sustainment and the overall benefit of the community.
5. Persons using their authority for personal gain or amusement should, after an impartial review, should be counseled and corrected. If this correction does not modify their action to be more consistent with policy as intended, appropriate action should be taken to prohibit future abuse.
6. These powers should never be exercised for the reason of personal gain, even in jest, as the joke is, as we have seen all so many times, it taken as a personal slight.
7. Any person assuming an administrative role should only be vested with Admin powers after they indicate their willingness to adhere to conditions as specified above.
8. Persons who abuse these powers whimsically or for personal gain as opposed to the reason they were issued (Such as, for the betterment of the community) should do so at the risk of forfeiture of same.

All too often, admin abuse is a matter of “Intent and Impact”. The intention being humor, the impact being apperceived offense. The wisest solution is to this is to keep the assumed humor to one’s self and reserve enforcement actions for situations that genuinely call for enforcement.

Finally, I’ll respectfully submit that randomly banning players based on a personal whim, negatively impacts other players who whish to play in a more full server. Therefore, this should only be done in situations where such powers are warranted, such as player abuse, hacking, mike spam, blatant disrespect, etc…

The ultimate goal should be a full server of respectful players.
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Unread post by Viano »

If it makes you feel any better when I selected the reason for his 10 minute ban I hit "Admin Disrespect".

Plus every time I've seen a situation where someones kicked they come back and kick them it just becomes a war or "admin fight". I may have jumped the gun by preemptively banning him but I was pissed off I acted. I shouldn't have been kicked in the first place without any word. He could have asked me not to or change back their names.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

viano renames people to stupid names all the time. you kicked him because he tried that on one of your friends. what's more, you gave no warning.

ugh. drama drama drama.

and as for more mature communities, I'm dead serious, every non-bulk server is like this.
Duckwalk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15126698

Unread post by Duckwalk »

kick/ban should be reserved for hackers, fools, and fiends, not for other regulars. tho i do not agree with banning grimjizz, i think he was acting a damn fool by kicking another admin, especially one as volatile as viano. so ur name was changed? grow a dick and get over it pansy.

i personally feel that most problems can and should be resolved by shit talking, not pussy admin powers. all in all tho, besides a few turd nuggets, i feel that admins on cc do a great job. :woop:

glhf wherever u end up grim.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I appropriate response to getting renamed is to change the name of the person who renamed you. When you instead go down the path of escalating the situation there is only one way for the fight to end.

I have always been a fan of renaming people whenever you want. To me, it is better than any kind of admin abuse because it has no effect on the game whatsoever.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

True, but I don't know how change it to something other than scrambled letters. :C
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

In Chat:
/rename "<partial name>" "<new name>"
Example: /rename "sast" "Sastora the Narwhal"

In Console:
sm_rename "<partial name>" "<new name>"
Example: sm_rename "capt" "Captain Happy"

The partial name can be any part of a name, it just has to be unique to one person.
Duckwalk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15126698

Unread post by Duckwalk »

hahaa! thanks a bunch captain!

oh u fuckers are in for it now. u better pray to god i dont have admin