Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

EVE Online discussion

General discussion about gaming.
MehPlusRawr
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:21247467

EVE Online discussion

Unread post by MehPlusRawr »

Anybody get it the day it was on sale for 5$? I had started a trial like two days before that, and I was liking it. So yeah, I have it. I know some stuff but not everything, my brother plays and showed me the basics. It's a really in-depth game, you may only get a month of game time for buying it, but it's a month of playing a game you don't beat in the first day.
</entreprenuerism>
</misspellings>
</inventedwords>
</lulz>
</too many tags>
When life gives you lemons, throw them out, but then make a witty signature about it like Goose.

And also like me.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Re: EVE Online discussion

Unread post by Riftoff »

I've heard this game is like playing a spreadsheet.
MehPlusRawr
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:21247467

Unread post by MehPlusRawr »

How so? Boring, large, and complicated?

=P
When life gives you lemons, throw them out, but then make a witty signature about it like Goose.

And also like me.
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

I've found that the fun of EVE is the dastardly realpolitik and intrigue of 0.0 and how there are many people willing to do all the spreadsheet stuff for you and simplify it to "go kill this here using this." It's true that the combat is dull from an individual standpoint, but the skill and finesse exists in major fleet engagements and what you've fitted your ship with. Not so much tactical as it is strategic.

Considering you're probably all smalltime folk who bought this off steam, feel free to ask me anything about this game. Ironically, I haven't played it in months, but I still keep track of developments as best I can.
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

What I'm talking about when I say large fleet engagements:

The vent chatter and deployment of ships are realistic. Also very realistic is the evil Russian horde/empire.