Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

How you got your username

Discussion about anything.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Re: How you got your username

Unread post by Ghost »

iv got mine becuase my favorite game ever has to be the ghost recon series
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Bump
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Unread post by Äusländer »

captainangry wrote:Bump
I know you bumped it because you want to know the story of my name so I will indulge your curiosity. When I first stayed playing TFC many moons ago I got into a group of guys that all named themselves after characters from Top Gun. At that time I became Goose because I was one of the original members. After playing for awhile I got sick of the group and the guys so I departed from the group and changed my name to 'An Alien Goose' because I was now an outsider, at least I saw it that way and felt like I needed a change. (Don't ask, I was weird and like 15 at the time.)

After about a year of that I got into CS a little and apparently there was some guy named Goose in CS that was very good and very well known so everyone either asked it I knew the guy or accused me of trying to rip off his name so I shortened it to just 'An Alien.' After that I was An Alien for I can't remember how long but eventually it was just so common of a name so I picked up a German dictionary and looked up alien, well of course it brought up alien as foreigner so I adopted 'Ausländer.' It wasn't until recently that I added the umlaut over the first A though.

That is the story of my name.
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
Awesomesauce
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17643787
Location: Toronto, Ontario...but mostly where you least expect me.

Unread post by Awesomesauce »

Äusländer wrote:
I know you bumped it because you want to know the story of my name so I will indulge your curiosity. When I first stayed playing TFC many moons ago I got into a group of guys that all named themselves after characters from Top Gun. At that time I became Goose because I was one of the original members. After playing for awhile I got sick of the group and the guys so I departed from the group and changed my name to 'An Alien Goose' because I was now an outsider, at least I saw it that way and felt like I needed a change. (Don't ask, I was weird and like 15 at the time.)

After about a year of that I got into CS a little and apparently there was some guy named Goose in CS that was very good and very well known so everyone either asked it I knew the guy or accused me of trying to rip off his name so I shortened it to just 'An Alien.' After that I was An Alien for I can't remember how long but eventually it was just so common of a name so I picked up a German dictionary and looked up alien, well of course it brought up alien as foreigner so I adopted 'Ausländer.' It wasn't until recently that I added the umlaut over the first A though.

Thats sweet, you went from Goose to Ausländer. xD
Thursday
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19029341

Unread post by Thursday »

Y'see, Thursday is the best day of the week. 'nuff said.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Äusländer wrote:

My nickname has always been Goose.... so you can imagine how much the "Top Gun" joke comes up....
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Äusländer
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:8016810

Unread post by Äusländer »

g_e_oos wrote: My nickname has always been Goose.... so you can imagine how much the "Top Gun" joke comes up....
Seeing as how old the movie is and the ages of the people you probably hang out with... 2 times a year, max.

EDIT: I was just thinking, you probably voted for McCain, because he's a Maverick....

Har Har Har
z0th: "the gameserver is not a democracy."
z0th
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by z0th »

its from extended H.P. Lovecraft mythos, or a now-defunct industrial record label. take your pick. really, the name i would normally use, "neX", was already taken on steam. i happened to be looking at some webpage on either Lovecraft or the record label (i dont recall which), and figured i would just use that.
D34THSPAWN
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18527016

Unread post by D34THSPAWN »

i just made mine up when i was playing UT 2K4 and have used it since

imagine yourself as a T-rex in a room full of T-ball poles and large soapy bubbles. Your stubby arms would render the pleasure-power of this room woefully out of reach.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

Bump and sticky
Noodlefoo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:16175581
Twitter Username: Noodlefoo

Unread post by Noodlefoo »

captainangry wrote:Bump and sticky
This sounds incredibly dirty, haha I'm mature.
------------------------------------------
As I have been saying, since I'm new, most still don't know me and probably don't care, but this is fun to do anyway.

My seemingly random and unusual name comes from the first official "internet community" I was a member of. The Gorillaz message board(http://forums.gorillaz.com/index.php), which I still visit regularly, and have been a member since the summer of 2005.
As it turns out, the band has quite an interesting back-story that goes along with their music, my favourite character being Noodle, the bands lead guitarist. Also I happen to enjoy food quite a bit, and noodles are lovely, so it works on 2 levels.

The "Foo" part of noodlefoo, when I was coming up with the name, came from a few sources. My first instinct was to go with "fu", for kung fu, since Noodle is an expert in that martial art. But I then decided to transform that into "foo" for my love of the Foo Fighters as well, especially Dave Grohl. (Dave Grohl was also the drummer for Nirvana-also one of my favourite bands.)
The "Foo" part has developed over time as my primary nickname.

Over time, in games and on the internet, and in real life I have been called more than a few nicknames, here are some I may use or you may call me if you wish: "James", "Jam","JEN"(initials), "Noodlefoo", "Foo", "The Most Interesting Man in the", "Thumper", "Sasquatch".
ImageImageImage
excalibur
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:7017278

Unread post by excalibur »

King Arthur , and his leet sword

*Straightens tie* Gentlemen
-Spy
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

Watch the unleash carnage video in the music thread
TheEndTime
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8817233

Unread post by TheEndTime »

My name came from a very simple cause.
BECAUSE I AM THE HARBINGER OF THE BUTT FUCKING APOCALYPSE BITCHES. I AM THE END OF TIME!!!

Fun fact: Never do a post reply...high...

"Im insane? No, no. I am completely, totally, SANE....
Now excuse me while I go blow up this dead body."
-Agent Washington, Red vs Blue Reconstruction
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

well with me i watched my bro play and used his acount at first (thats the time i had to change my name everyround) and i did not like pyros and the burning sensation that they leave you. so i decided that plznoburning would fit
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

TheEndTime wrote:Fun fact: Never do a post reply...high...
If I did that I would rarely post on the forum.
marcus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17058616

Unread post by marcus »

well... take a guess.
KEKEKE
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7708842

Unread post by KEKEKE »

My online gaming name has pretty much always been Snowden, which is from the book Catch-22. We were playing L4D one day and I was local hosting games and decided I would convince the puggers I was from thailand. I changed my name to the most asian thing I could think of which is some sort of ASCII spider followed by nonsensical WoW laughing. Then I spoke in broken english letting them know I was local hosting and that thai internet is #1. They would lobby quit, we would laugh.

Internet names are like beards. Even if you want to shave them your friends and family get freaked out and don't recognize you if you do. So now I am keke, which is find because no one will ever have my name, and it's a really long name and everyone knows the longer your name is the more skill you have. My skill level is capped only by the games character field limitations.
tHeReAlSuSaN
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19560363
Xbox Gamer Tag: Jess DA MEXICAN

Unread post by tHeReAlSuSaN »

I got my name like this...
A long time ago I was called jafjaf1994. No one could pronounce my name. A bunch of CC members were on and I asked them what I should change my name too. Plastic was just joking around and said I should change my name to Susan. Everyone agreed so I changed my name, and it stuck. A few weeks later some douche came on the server and changed his name to Susan also. So I then changed my name to the Real Susan. That is what it is now.
What ev ,What ev, I do what I want...
-Eric Cartman
rudedog04
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18753451

Unread post by rudedog04 »

i blame my dad for all of this. he started callin me rudedog when i was 10. but i rather have rudedog as my name than what i have now.

dont even ask whats my name
Image Image
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

tHeReAlSuSaN wrote:I got my name like this...
Plastic was just joking around and said I should change my name to Susan.
That came from the show The Tick, when the main character was trying to pronouce some dudes name and couldn't get it right, then just decided to call him Susan to be anoying.
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

My new nickname on steam is Sasafras just 'cause its a fun word.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
steiner949
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7276060

Unread post by steiner949 »

I got Steiner949 from way back when I started playing Anarchy Online when it was first released. I tend to follow names from different games, movies, books, etc. and I had the name Talon but it was taken so it threw on the 949. Ever since then, I tend to name most of my characters with the 949 at the end, and Steiner came from the Battletech universe. For L4D; however, I decided to recently change my name to Husker for multiple reasons. The first being I just think it is a cool name, and second I have always been a fan of BSG and now that it is over I am upset, besides Husker just sounds kick ass when playing as an infected anyway.
Give the hardest job to the laziest person, and they will find the easiest way to do it.
DUKE
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:747169

Unread post by DUKE »

Me and a buddy of mine use to Play Duke Nukem & Doom on Playstation, where we would use 2 playstations and 2 TV's and a link cable and we could play against each other with no split screen. Just angle the TV's away from each other and Kill. I always owned him on Duke Nukem so I started calling myself DUKE. I have played under that name since most of you were still in diapers.
Oh wait most of you ARE still in diapers, sorry!
StrudelB
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20251166

Unread post by StrudelB »

It came from my last name. My football buddies would always call me "Strudel." One would call me "Strudelbaker" and I shortened it to "Strudel B."
Am I back?
Who knows?
All I know is that I'm gonna play some more TF2.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

COD1; when you killed someone or were killed, it would say "you killed (name)" or "(name) killed you"

so i was goofing around and decided i would set my name to A random guy. so then it would say "you killed a random guy"
when i was on xfire, i was in a battlefield 1942 clan, the leader was annoyed with the "a" in the name because it was so much herder to say. so then i changed it to RandomGuy (yes the capital G is necessary)(randomguy or Randomguy is also fine but i prefer RandomGuy)
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Every once in awhile I change my steam name to Liquid Whore, it happened like this.
There was some sniper, i forget who, and i said "Sniper, look behind you!" he refused to so I stabbed him. after a few more backstabs he went engy and i managed to sap all his stuff then stab him again. After a few more minutes of frustration he went pyro. It was soon after he walked out of spawn that he yelled, "Oh, you Liquid Whore!"
pleasenopouncing
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19595711

Unread post by pleasenopouncing »

i dont think i need to give and explanation for my new name superlagging it is self explanatory.
plz dont do what my avatar is doing ty

in l4d plz no pouncing. in tf2 plz no burning.
if u do this i will be very happy but i know it wont happen =(
Daedalus

Unread post by Daedalus »

Deus Ex
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

RandomGuy wrote:COD1; when you killed someone or were killed, it would say "you killed (name)" or "(name) killed you"

so i was goofing around and decided i would set my name to A random guy. so then it would say "you killed a random guy"
when i was on xfire, i was in a battlefield 1942 clan, the leader was annoyed with the "a" in the name because it was so much herder to say. so then i changed it to RandomGuy (yes the capital G is necessary)(randomguy or Randomguy is also fine but i prefer RandomGuy)
Haha my old Halo names were "a vehicle" and "an innocent bystander" I got banned from a server because a dumb admin thought I was killing him with invisible vehicles.