Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Skullgirls

General discussion about gaming.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Skullgirls

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Skullgirls is having a free weekend and is also 33% off until Sunday. Get on this shit folks. Me, James and Haun need company. Denzo needs to get his controller working. And Kerp needs to get a computer that plays actual games.

Also, the steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/umbrellasuxlol
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Re: Skullgirls

Unread post by Haunwulf »

I got an extra copy on me. let me know if one of you guys want it. Oh and don't be on my shitlist I guess.
Do that, and it's all yours.
Last edited by Haunwulf on 21 Feb 2021, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Sell the gift off and use the money to buy me a computer that can run skullgirls.
Denzo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29304396

Unread post by Denzo »

Haunwulf wrote:
Oh and don't be on my shitlist I guess.

Hah.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Haunwulf wrote:Oh and don't be on my shitlist I guess.
But Sylveon is so bad. I'm trying to tell you the truth.
Life is whatever.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

PhrozenFlame wrote:
Haunwulf wrote:Oh and don't be on my shitlist I guess.
But Sylveon is so bad. I'm trying to tell you the truth.
At least Sylveon's better than Flareon .
Last edited by Haunwulf on 21 Feb 2021, 04:37, edited 1 time in total.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Beating Flareon is like beating a quad-amputee in a foot race. You haven't really proven any sort of skill or usefulness and you just look like a massive douche.

That's you Haun. You're that douche. You're riding your horrible faggy douche dog into the sunset smug in a victory that everyone but you knows isn't worth a damn. A legless Flareon cries in anguish as you ride away, wondering what it did wrong. It didn't do anything wrong. It did exaxtly what everyone knew it would do. People expected better of you though Haun. People expected you to have a heart, to treat those born with nothing with mercy and charity, not to take from those who already have nothing.

So good job Haun. I hope you're happy on your vain, horrible ribbon dog thing. I hope you're happy crushing the lowest of the low just so you can pretend to be above their level. You monster.

Sylveon is still ass though.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

MrKerplunkers wrote:Beating Flareon is like beating a quad-amputee in a foot race...I hope you're happy crushing the lowest of the low...
Does this mean that Sylveon isn't the worst eveelution? Because generally, I was expecting a counter argument along the lines of flareblitz
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Flareon actually has Flare Blitz now. Learns it at level 45. 130 base attack + 120 base power move x Same Type Attack Bonus x Guts ability + Toxic Orb = Hits way fucking harder than Sylveon ever will without Pixelate Hyper Beam bullshit.

Too bad his speed sucks, but that's what Flame Charge is for. That's right, Flareon is better than Sylveon. Next you're gonna try and take solace in the fact that Sylveon is better than Leafeon. That is how low you will sink, Haun.
Life is whatever.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

PhrozenFlame wrote:Flareon actually has Flare Blitz now. Learns it at level 45. 130 base attack + 120 base power move x Same Type Attack Bonus x Guts ability + Toxic Orb = Hits way fucking harder than Sylveon ever will without Pixelate Hyper Beam bullshit.

Too bad his speed sucks, but that's what Flame Charge is for. That's right, Flareon is better than Sylveon. Next you're gonna try and take solace in the fact that Sylveon is better than Leafeon. That is how low you will sink, Haun.
Okay here it is.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Haunwulf wrote:Okay here it is.
Doesn't change facts, though.
Life is whatever.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

SG is on sale again today, 50% off. Anyone interested has 7 hours left before the deal ends.
Nyrator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29187375
Twitter Username: DarkRyan75

Unread post by Nyrator »

http://gamingeverything.com/konami-requ ... -psn-xbla/

So this happened.

(also for those who don't know this could be good or bad since the whole PC IndieGogo thing started because of Konami shutting down all funding to Skullgirls due to a separate lawsuit and making it unable to update. Reverge, the team making the game, turned into Lab Zero, got Autumn Games as a new publisher on PC.)

Of course, Konami is mad that they got a new publisher, but didn't remove the Konami logo at the start screens of the console versions (because they haven't updated it yet), so now they're trying to remove it. If I got all that right, anyway, could be wrong.

I know Lab Zero wants to cut all ties with Konami and republish the game (which means new achievements, Squiggly, and giving everyone who bought the game a free version of the new version), but we'll see how it goes.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Yeah you're pretty accurate.

Here's a bit more detail on the sit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=140

The SG team has basically one shot to get an update up with very little to no bugs I believe.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Their japanese publisher was also just disolved by their parent company. Shit sucks.

On the plus side, typing of the skullgirls is now a thing and that makes me happy.

Nyrator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:29187375
Twitter Username: DarkRyan75

Unread post by Nyrator »

Wait so

it's like Typing of the Dead

but with Skullgirls.

That sounds incredible.

But it makes it sound like I can't just use one keyboard and play both roles at the same time and that saddens me.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Straight from the patch notes-I doubt you hadn't seen this already but I'll post it here for all sakes.
" You can play with a keyboard and also type with the keyboard...but you need to unplug all controllers for this! If you have a controller plugged in, even if it is not in use for a character, keyboard controls are DISABLED during fights to prevent weird interactions with the typist. (This is only for Typing mode, everything still works normally in the normal game.)"
Though I do see switching from the game to typing to be hard unless you're a really fast typer.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Haunwulf wrote:Straight from the patch notes-I doubt you hadn't seen this already but I'll post it here for all sakes.
" You can play with a keyboard and also type with the keyboard...but you need to unplug all controllers for this! If you have a controller plugged in, even if it is not in use for a character, keyboard controls are DISABLED during fights to prevent weird interactions with the typist. (This is only for Typing mode, everything still works normally in the normal game.)"
Though I do see switching from the game to typing to be hard unless you're a really fast typer.
Bitch, please. I'm fairly good both at multitasking and at typing at superluminal velocity. Although restricting the ability to play the game properly if you're using a controller really doesn't sound fair to me, unless there's an option to toggle "typing mode" versus mode on and off before matches.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

You put in a button combo to activate typing mode in arcade or local versus mode, not online though. It was also made to be a dumb co-op thing so switching from controller to keyboard wasn't really considered a problem.
Burnerman
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19878267

Unread post by Burnerman »

I dont know anything at all about it,but this is a thing

Hurrrrr aprel foolz
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Sometimes in the world of online gaming, April Fools' jokes are so elaborate and popular that the developers end up unintentionally keeping the fake content in the game indefinitely. Such a thing happened in Skullgirls this year and a similar thing happened in World of Tanks.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

I'll go into a bit of context on Fukua for people who don't follow fighting games. Street Fighter 4 is getting it's next and presumably final installment in Ultra Street Fighter 4, to be released in June. When the game was announced at Evo last year, the game was set to include 4 characters who were ports from Street Fighter x Tekken as well as a secret character to be relvealed later.

Because it's the fucking internent, people were abound with succulent speculah. Some people thought it was gonna be a character from the Udon comics, some people thought it'd be a returning charatcer from the street fighter alpha games, or street fighter 3, or street fighter ex, or super puzzle fighter, or I'unno fucking Super Dan Dick Suck Sim 2002. The character was then finally revealled in March at the tournament Final Round 17 and, uh...

It's just fucking Cammy with a mask. People were pissed.

To be fair, Decapre is an actual character from the street fighter comics produced by Udon (which are pretty damn good by the way) and she is kinda interesting from a gameplay perspective. If they didn't spend 8 months hypeing her up and just announced her in March, I guarantee nobody would be upset.

But of course people were pissed and did the standard thing people do when they're pissed. Whining, bitching, lieing about boycotting capcom, probably the odd death threat sent to capcom's mailroom boy or something. And Mike Z took this time to poke fun at the whole situation by creating his own clone character, Fukua.

Fukua actually came from a typo in some Brady Games article and the name was used in a earlier april fools joke by introducing her as a fake secret character with riduculous criteria for unlocking her. I thought that'd be the last I'd hear of her, but then lo and behold she was released without warning on april 1st. Acording to Mike actual work on her started on the Thursday before April Fools and is made from entirely reused assets. This means all work on Fukua was done from conception to completion by one guy over 3 or 4 sleepless nights.

As it stands right now she'll stay in the beta to be balanced because she's kinda ridiculous right now (command grab with 40 hits of armor because FUCK YOU) but she'll be moved to the main game once she's ready.

tl;dr Capcom made a shitty clone character for over 8 months that fans fucking hated while Lab Zero made a shitty clone character in under a week that people rejoyced over.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

MrKerplunkers wrote:Super Dan Dick Suck Sim 2002.
BUT DAN IS A HERO!

A hero...

MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

FUCK

HOW DID I FORGET

DAN FOR NEW CHARACTER IN ULTRA

DON'T CARE IF HE'S IN THE GAME ALREADY