Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Last Person to Post in this Thread gets $100

Discussion about anything.
Zarik
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3501639

Re: Last Person to Post in this Thread gets $100

Unread post by Zarik »

Scrambles wrote:Maybe he can't lock the thread on account of the entire site being borked
Does that mean we win?

Also here's another link to the chat: chat/
FierySnake
Steam ID: FierySnake
Twitter Username: Fiery Snake1

Unread post by FierySnake »

:guitar:

HARD CARRY PLAYERS UNITE!!!
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

Kerp and Giro have been missing for quite some time. Giro went missing because of the broken chatbox and Kerp is gone because he's bored too. So clearly they're on a road trip right now. Without me :psycho:
Bluedemon0015
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:13427783

Unread post by Bluedemon0015 »

Ahh so thats interesting
So the thread lives on :ecstasy:

Mod note: I told you boy, we're too poor to afford spoiler tags these days.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Haunwulf wrote:Kerp and Giro have been missing for quite some time. Giro went missing because of the broken chatbox and Kerp is gone because he's bored too. So clearly they're on a road trip right now. Without me :psycho:
The 100 dollars goes to the one who can correctly guess what me and Giro did on our road trip.
FierySnake

Sang what is love baby don't hurt me don't me no more. Then they swing their heads as they are listening to the beat.

But you need 3 people for that :(

Mod note: Boy, what the fuck did I just say about spoiler tags?

Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

You went to Atlanta to go see Zun.

At the wrong time.
FierySnake

I don't recall you saying anything about spoiler tags.

Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

FierySnake wrote:I don't recall you saying anything about spoiler tags.
Page 140.
Zarik

Unread post by Zarik »

MrKerplunkers wrote:
Haunwulf wrote:Kerp and Giro have been missing for quite some time. Giro went missing because of the broken chatbox and Kerp is gone because he's bored too. So clearly they're on a road trip right now. Without me :psycho:
The 100 dollars goes to the one who can correctly guess what me and Giro did on our road trip.

You kissed passionately under the moonlight in your broken down car in the middle of Kentucky.

Also that'd be Giro and I, Kerp.
FierySnake

Haunwulf wrote:
FierySnake wrote:I don't recall you saying anything about spoiler tags.
Page 140.
Oh I thought it was direct command about me using them incorrectly.

Zarik

Unread post by Zarik »

So how about them video games
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I'm not checking in because I'm working meticulously on something I should've done long ago. I'm not even getting on the internet at all, for the most part.

To be precise, I'm solidifying my Katawa Shoujo speedrun. Anything lower than 5 minutes and 16 seconds is impossible. I got that once like last year. It would have to be a TAS.

And I 100% Katawa Shoujo, which is more than 94%. Out of the six scenes I was missing, only one was even worth it. And the fact that I just said that anything in this C- heap of a game was worth it is daunting. It's more like "Well, at least I got to see that".

Oh yeah, and my internet's out. I could do something about that, but like I said, busy. I'll probably be back before the site gets fixed though, knowing how slowly things move around here.

And now I won't check in for another week or two.
Life is whatever.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

PhrozenFlame wrote:I'm not checking in because I'm working meticulously on something I should've done long ago. I'm not even getting on the internet at all, for the most part.

To be precise, I'm solidifying my Katawa Shoujo speedrun. Anything lower than 5 minutes and 16 seconds is impossible. I got that once like last year. It would have to be a TAS.

And I 100% Katawa Shoujo, which is more than 94%. Out of the six scenes I was missing, only one was even worth it. And the fact that I just said that anything in this C- heap of a game was worth it is daunting. It's more like "Well, at least I got to see that".

Oh yeah, and my internet's out. I could do something about that, but like I said, busy. I'll probably be back before the site gets fixed though, knowing how slowly things move around here.

11/10, best possible reason to leave a community for 3 weeks.
Zarik

Unread post by Zarik »

_Pipeline wrote:
PhrozenFlame wrote:I'm not checking in because I'm working meticulously on something I should've done long ago. I'm not even getting on the internet at all, for the most part.

We should all follow Giro's Example and leave to play a game we don't enjoy over and over again to get the best time possible
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Zarik wrote: We should all follow Giro's Example and leave to play a game we don't enjoy over and over again to get the best time possible
You don't enjoy Katawa Shoujo? You gay boy?
Denzo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:29304396

Unread post by Denzo »

No one should ever enjoy Katawa Shoujo. Ever. At all. In any way.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

_Pipeline wrote:

What about if you're going to write a Katawa Shoujo/Tokyo Redhood erotic fanfic instead?
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
pcJDAWG
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36545816
Twitter Username: @pcJDAWG

Unread post by pcJDAWG »

We go off-topic
Talking about anime.
The dosh won't be claimed.

amidoinitrite
A Common Sandvich
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:31019605

Unread post by A Common Sandvich »

krubby wrote:
_Pipeline wrote:

What about if you're going to write a Katawa Shoujo/Tokyo Redhood erotic fanfic instead?
I'm pretty sure that in that case, you should be taken behind the shed and shot. It's a legal obligation, you see. The world never needed this, and it never asked.
MrKerplunkers wrote:Hope you fuckers like furrowed brows.
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

A Common Sandvich wrote:
krubby wrote:
_Pipeline wrote:

I'm pretty sure that in that case, you should be taken behind the shed and shot. It's a legal obligation, you see. The world never needed this, and it never asked.
PYRAMIDS WOOO
Zarik

Unread post by Zarik »

CHATBOX LIIIINK: chat/

New page, New chatbox link
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

TheDenzo wrote:No one should ever enjoy Katawa Shoujo. Ever. At all. In any way.
This is one of those times where Jake is actually sane enough to be correct. It's really not good at all. If I tried, I could write like a 20 page paper on why Katawa Shoujo isn't a good game and doesn't deserve all of the praise it gets(?) from random people on the internet. I've looked at it from every angle, taken every viewpoint. It's not good. It's a C- at best. Saying Katawa Shoujo is good is like saying Crocket shouldn't be in a mental health facility: you're just spouting lies.

On another note, check out these two fan games that I'm going to have to play because if I don't, no one else will. They have to have a reason to exist, so I have to give them one. That is my purpose.

There's also a fandub in the works, and-

"11. What are you doing about the sex scenes?
The sex scenes are an essential part for most of the routes in Katawa Shoujo and we will not be altering the script for them or removing them in any way."

I'm very sad. There are actually tears in my eyes. Someone please stop this.
Life is whatever.
Burnerman
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19878267

Unread post by Burnerman »

Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

A Common Sandvich
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:31019605

Unread post by A Common Sandvich »

I'm reasonably certain that we need to talk more about Katawa Shoujo. My interest is piqued.

I think I might enjoy horrible things a little bit too much.
MrKerplunkers wrote:Hope you fuckers like furrowed brows.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

11:09 PM - •cC• Silk Paper Pipes: ever heard of Katawa Shoujo?
11:09 PM - Endless Mike: No
11:10 PM - •cC• Silk Paper Pipes: Japanese dating sim where you build relationships and eventually have demented sex with crippled and amputee girls
11:10 PM - •cC• Silk Paper Pipes: The sickest, most Japanese thing ever made
11:14 PM - Endless Mike: I need this in my life.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

A Common Sandvich wrote:I'm reasonably certain that we need to talk more about Katawa Shoujo. My interest is piqued.

I think I might enjoy horrible things a little bit too much.
You don't have to take my word for it, though I very much recommend that you do so. You could always play it for yourself and deem it worthy of your time. If you happen to find any value in it, please update me. My search was as fruitless as it was painstaking. You may come across something that appears to be valueable, but I will explain to you why it is not.

There is, however, only one image that sums up Katawa Shoujo.

I have no idea who gave me that picture. It is like a nightmare that haunts the deepest reaches of my computer, only compounded by what I put myself through.

I REALLY have a feeling that Jake sent this to me, though. Or Kerp, but most likely Jake. They're the only ones who would do something like that.

Also, it wasn't made by the Japanese, it was develoed over several years by a group of people from 4chan who were inspired by a single page of sketches done by a hentai artist. This game is yet another reason why I avoid 4chan.
Life is whatever.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

This is now the Katawa Shoujo playthrough thread. Play the game and post your experiences. Don't listen to Old Man Giro, he just wants all that sweet cripple poon to himself.

Download link

It's for all OSes and you can turn the sex off if you are one of them underages. You have no excuse. I'm playing through the game myself, I'll post again about it in a bit.
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Unread post by squishy »

Katawa Shoujo certainly isn't the best VN, but it's also not nearly as bad as some of you guys are making it out to be. It takes an odd topic and handles it in a mature manner with fairly good writing to a point where the story felt natural to me. It's also not as long as a lot of VNs, so I would recommend it to people who have never read/played a VN.

I just don't understand all the hate I've been seeing for it lately. Is it because there are people going around calling it the best VN ever or something?
Indeed.