Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Between-Server Chat?

Discuss any problems with our stockMaps TF2 server and make suggestions for improvement.
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Between-Server Chat?

Unread post by krubby »

I've seen on other servers a feature that allows people to say something in chat and appears on all of the community/clan's servers. I don't know much about it, but I think that this would get a lot more people to go to the mainserver and fartlandia because someone could say from the mainserver, "Hey, there's some people here on the mainserver, how about you come over. I think that would be more effective then going to the funserver and telling people to go to the mainserver then leaving. I'm not saying anything has to be done, this just an idea I had
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: Between-Server Chat?

Unread post by Beetle »

I'll choose to care when I know what you're saying is actually being heard. I know that doesn't probably make any sense, but so?
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

While we're talking about a server reformation, I think I'll bump this as a method to get people on the mainserver more easily.
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

Unread post by _Pipeline »

krubby wrote:I don't know much about it, but I think that this would get a lot more people to go to the mainserver and fartlandia because someone could say from the mainserver, "Hey, there's some people here on the mainserver, how about you come over.
You're talking about Fartlandia as though it still exists.

Maybe back then...
krubby

Unread post by krubby »

It was arounnd when I made the topic, now this just applies for the mainserver.