Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Hey Captain

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20574738

Hey Captain

Unread post by Trilby »

Me, guy and a few others were wondering if its possible to get the map "trenches moved to the normal sever. Our reason for asking is because we try to recreate World War One then the Fun Sever crashes on us. We've established that the map itself doesn't cause the server crash. Adn we also have made a little game mode for the map, Guy will explain it more.
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Re: Hey Captain

Unread post by captainAngry »

If the server crashes all the time when it is on the map it is probably the map but I have no problem throwing it on the other server if you guys want it to be there.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

Alright thanks
V. He that is found Guilty of Gaming, or Defrauding one another to the value of a Royal of Plate, shall suffer what Punishment the Captain and the Majority of the Company shall think fit.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

I'm pretty sure both servers have been crashing a LOT lately. More than usual.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I have a feeling it has something to do with the last update. If it continues i'll see what I can do to improve performance.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

I've realized that since the last update people have been lagging more often
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

omg i made that map in less then 1 hr in hammer, no player clips around it, if you demojump over, you fall forever.
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

That sounds like a map problem for sure. You'll have lots of issues if you don't close the map.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

like i said it took les than an hour
atcually ill fix if right now
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

I am going to add a better trenches map, so i will try to get that on the regular sever. I was talking to Captain and he like how it sounded
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

theGreatZamboni wrote:I am going to add a better trenches map, so i will try to get that on the regular sever. I was talking to Captain and he like how it sounded
Nice work
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

yes i am working on three maps that i plan to give to Cc exclusive.

WW! - A redone trenches featuring capture point to promote advancing in the trenches, it has a new look and fixes all old complaints. Its bigger , more balanced, and features mustard gas

WW@ - D-Day done Tf2 style. I think it is the first map to be a pl,cp, and ctf. It starts with the blue team on boats heading for the beaches. By the time they reach the beaches setup time for red team will conclude. Then ( i havent decided) that the team will be split up and sent to different parts of the beach. ( right side of the beach is ctf, much like avanti where your team brings the intel up to the red bunker) ( middle is payload navigating up to the middle bunker) ( the left is capture point, like granary) The map is large but not over whelming. I conducted a play testing earlier today and the response was all but positive. One user said " Its like Killzone's 2 Warzone! Variety for both teams forcing teams work together and satisfying victories for both sides and the urge to try harder if you lost". Or " the reason I bought TF2" Now this map is far from done but changes will be made to ensure that this will be a great map. If Cc wants this map please let me know cause another sever asked first (but im not apart of theirs so you guys get first dibbs) :D

WW# - A future war setting with the same art design as Tf2 ( not close to being finished and game type not decided)
Last edited by theGreatZamboni on 27 Apr 2009, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

Ok b4 someone calls me out i jazzed up that user who said it was like killzone's warzone. I couldn't remember exactly wat he said so i said why no jazz it up. :D
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I updated the forum file permissions so you should be able to upload map files to the forum for me to download and add to the server.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

theGreatZamboni wrote:yes i am working on three maps that i plan to give to Cc exclusive.

WW! - A redone trenches featuring capture point to promote advancing in the trenches, it has a new look and fixes all old complaints. Its bigger , more balanced, and features mustard gas

WW@ - D-Day done Tf2 style. I think it is the first map to be a pl,cp, and ctf. It starts with the blue team on boats heading for the beaches. By the time they reach the beaches setup time for red team will conclude. Then ( i havent decided) that the team will be split up and sent to different parts of the beach. ( right side of the beach is ctf, much like avanti where your team brings the intel up to the red bunker) ( middle is payload navigating up to the middle bunker) ( the left is capture point, like granary) The map is large but not over whelming. I conducted a play testing earlier today and the response was all but positive. One user said " Its like Killzone's 2 Warzone! Variety for both teams forcing teams work together and satisfying victories for both sides and the urge to try harder if you lost". Or " the reason I bought TF2" Now this map is far from done but changes will be made to ensure that this will be a great map. If Cc wants this map please let me know cause another sever asked first (but im not apart of theirs so you guys get first dibbs) :D

WW# - A future war setting with the same art design as Tf2 ( not close to being finished and game type not decided)
HEY I WAS GANNA MAKE ONE LIKE WW!. meh whatver.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

theGreatZamboni wrote:yes i am working on three maps that i plan to give to Cc exclusive.

For the WW1 you should aslo add some barbed wire, shell holes, and destroyed tanks if you can
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

Trilby wrote:

For the WW1 you should aslo add some barbed wire, shell holes, and destroyed tanks if you can

Uhhh no tanks but the other stuff is in there...idk how i would do tanks
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

You would spend hours and hours making tank models, that's how :D
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

captainangry wrote:You would spend hours and hours making tank models, that's how :D
Exactly :D
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Can't you port the day of defeat tank model like you would do with HL2 textures?
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator

Ok heres wat ill do, ill work on tank models, make them looks tf2ish and ill add them when im done. But ill post the map and add tanks later. im gonna add crashed airplanes too.
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

theGreatZamboni wrote:Ok heres wat ill do, ill work on tank models, make them looks tf2ish and ill add them when im done. But ill post the map and add tanks later. im gonna add crashed airplanes too.
EXCELLENT!!!
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

theGreatZamboni wrote:Ok heres wat ill do, ill work on tank models, make them looks tf2ish and ill add them when im done. But ill post the map and add tanks later. im gonna add crashed airplanes too.
by airplanes you mean like fighter jets right? not passenger plans or boeing747's? :?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Trilby
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Trilby »

thedoghouse wrote:
by airplanes you mean like fighter jets right? not passenger plans or boeing747's? :?
I think hes talking 'bout Biplanes