Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Mod

Announcements for our community.
MazaFaka
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Mod

Unread post by MazaFaka »

Me and Awesome are making a Mod and need people with skills, such as "mapping,texturing, and Scripting/Coding..." to join up!!!
Thanks in advance.
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: Mod

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Out of curiosity, what do you have in mind for said mod?
MazaFaka
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Well we're making a Modification for the HL EP3 engine, a multiplayer game as soon as I have more info I will post it so... if anyone has anyother questions...
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

Wait, is that engine even out? :? Or are you holding out till the release of episode 3?
Either way, you guys gotta bring something new to the table if you want to do well. A deathmatch game with a few fancy weapons ain't gonna cut it.
MazaFaka
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Well we are thinking of new ideas I did research its not easy... No the engine isn't out but we can wait while we get content and ideas set up....

We have a good idea we're going to be using old but mix in with new so its a whole new gameplay, instead of the same old crap like CS or DOD or HL:Deathmatch or Synergy...

I mean its not easy but that's why we're trying to get people!
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Man, I started a few mods in my day but never got anything off the ground. I had an idea to make a mario style mod and a mod based on Cowboy Bebop (both during the HL 1 days). I got kinda far on the Bebop one although we never got to the point of actually putting everything together. We had lists of all the maps we wanted, all the weapons and had started making models of the players/weapons.

I'm afraid I don't have any discernible skills in this area, although I proved to be a pretty good idea man. Let me know if you want to bounce ideas around and I would be glad to join in.
MazaFaka
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Lol "mario style Mod would be crazy"

Anyways sweet captain I'll be glad to let you join up and be our idea man I'll write up the story/idea and you can throw some things around and sujest. So ya that'll awesome oh and if you have a FPSB accoutn here is the link to our mod

http://www.fpsbanana.com/studios/21620
MazaFaka
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I was thinking if you guys want to suggest some ideas go ahead, Oh and nothing like a whole sotry line just something you love to see in a Mod or gameplay ideas... that'll be great thanks.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I suggest you guys start by picking a theme and build off of that.
MazaFaka
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Well here's the Idea well I mean this could be changed...
In 2015 scientests predicted that the Earth's resources would run dry by 2085.
This shocked many people around the world tryed buying, getting as much food as they could to prepare for this trategy, thus shortening the resources more. Eventually the RCFN (Russian Chinese Federal Nation), and the United Nation. Which were the only two Nations (countries) that existed. Decided to start carefully steal the others resources and land for them selfs, once both "Nations" found out about the stealing and the secret attacks a war was declared (World War 3). But this was no Ordinary war it was a Chemical Nuclear war, this brought new ideas in enhancing the Atomic bombs, so they thought it would be safer to drills the bombs in a safe shell underground through areas that did not contain very hot substances, and getting to the other side to detonate from underground good for destroying Army bases and such. Well they drills so much through the ground that there were many holes going through one part of the earth, and one day one atomic bomb at 300 megatons. detonated while drilling through the Earth layers of rock, and at such great power with the help of all the drills through the earth ("holes")
the Earth split. The Aftermath was terrible 1/3 of the earth remained the other gone, floated away into the Sun. The part that remained still kept its rotation around the sun and its position. but when other part flew out to the sun the magma in the center of the earth flew out with it not all only a little, the magma connected to the Earth, and the Sun is now magnatized to the Sun and when the core is turned into the Sun's direction it slows the orbit. So night time on the part thats left of the Earth is longer than day ("when the core is turned away from the sun") Yet created a beautiful glowing orange aura in the sky, at night and day time. At night all the creatures come out and it is not safe to be almost about anywhere but towns that are not infected. This is where you come in living in this world free of law and rules and with friends, but fighting to survive.
MazaFaka
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

So it. You get to create your own weapons while fighting and get to use special powers like in BioShock... We were going to have it open world but that was going to cause way to many problems... So its (Unreal Tournement, Bioshock, and COD5). Put together...

But if you'd like flips some stuff around...
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I typed out this long thing and then i realized I sounded retarded so I deleted it. I'll type something later.
MazaFaka
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

kk, Btw I uninstalled steam, and since I got a trojan and some worms on my laptop. I deleted them but now my Windows is fucked and my steam was too. I can hardly do anything but use some of the programs I need and can't install ANYTHING!!! So yea sorry if I'm not on steam.
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Unread post by Toastyking »

This sounds awesome... and makes me want to play Fallout. Too bad I'm useless with this stuff or I'd try to help. :)

so a multiplayer mod where you try and survive by building weapons and finding food etc?
Just the fact that it has Russia in it makes me want to play.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

You should make it in chernobyl. There are plenty of pics around to make maps from and it would be an awesome 'wasteland' environment to play around in.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Best Idea EVER!
Sounds epic. Open alpha testing?