Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Fallout New Vegas

General discussion about gaming.
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Fallout New Vegas

Unread post by Toastyking »

I am clearly the only one buying this game.
Dep. Redundency Dep.
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19669957

Re: Fallout New Vegas

Unread post by Dep. Redundency Dep. »

Nope.avi
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

I'm going to wait on this one. It's apparently got more tech problems than Fallout 3 did at launch, which is pretty mind melting when you think about it. (Plus, I don't have 50 bucks to spare atm)
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Unread post by Toastyking »

I never had any problems with Fallout 3, and I was first day purchase.
The Gabage-Min
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21394947

Unread post by The Gabage-Min »

I'm waiting on this until Christmas, as I'm already getting Kirby's Epic Yarn and Fable 3 this month. But, I still can't wait to play it.
Gabe Out!!!
Image..
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7761101

Unread post by arkawn »

Riftoff wrote:I'm going to wait on this one. It's apparently got more tech problems than Fallout 3 did at launch, which is pretty mind melting when you think about it. (Plus, I don't have 50 bucks to spare atm)

welcome to the world of obsidian?

im just gonna play through fallout 3 one more time (with all the essential mods that got put into new vegas) to prepare

hopefully the game is playable by christmas

EDIT: PLAYABLE FOR ME I MEAN
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

arkawn wrote: welcome to the world of obsidian?
Minecraft reference?
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
arkawn
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:7761101

Unread post by arkawn »

sure but i mean the dudes who made new vegas

their games are always buggy
Dep. Redundency Dep.
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I'm liking it. The bugs are few and spread, aside for some big immersion-breaking ones, like placing a mine is someone's pocket, him blowing up, and no one noticing. And clipping errors within the first 10 min. Funny, not game running, but still.

Hardcore mode on Hard is how I currently play it. It's challenging, not over baring, and still fun. BUT FOR FUCKS SAKE. I walk for 20 minutes without saving, trod over one mine, die instantly, and because I never saved between the mine, and the last building, I might as well as played with myself. I would have accomplished more. No autosave function in the Mojave really pisses me off, and I always forget quick save.

Stilling from the Caliber, WMK, FOOK, Wastewander, MMM and several other mods is hard to overlook. I mean, when I saw Mod weapon, I shat myself. They basically stole verbatim WMK mod from FO3. But, at the same time, at least they added a few things to the game so it's not 100% a FO3 replica in Vegas. Waiting on the re-release of CASM for NV.
(Here's a translate guide for the mods/abrivations:
Caliber: "Center mod" Many mods required this mod, such as FOOK, added some 25 new weapons and 10 different ammo types. Improved AI, and better equiped them, while reducing the amount of ammo they had. "Hard mode, both for player and computer"

WMK: Mod; "Weapons Mod Kits" added ability to add attachments, such as silencer, scope, ect. to select weapons. Ver. 1.3 was compatible with FOOK

FOOK: Mod; added 100+ weapons (required Caliber) Food, water, and stimpacks healed overtime (toggle-able), added 30+ new foods.

Wastewander: Mod; added need for food, (extension required to be compatible with FOOK), Bandits were more organized, city guards were more organized, Karma did more shit.

MMM: Mod; "Martins Mutant Mod" added 30+ enemy, improved spawning patterns, further improved AI (required Caliber)

CASM: Simple as hell mod. Auto saved game every 5 minutes, and whenever you left combat. Only problem, it created a lot of files, (I remember once counting 400 saves). Not a big issue.
)

Nerd rage over. TL;DR: It's fun, if you liked FO3, you should buy it. It's got some fun new aspects, and I like it, but if you modded the hell put of FO3 like I, it may seem oddly familiar...
Dep. Redundency Dep.
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Double post, speaking of mods.
d3d9.rar
(37.36 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Download this .dll file, drop it right in your New Vegas folder.
(C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas for those of you who are daft)

Result! Multiply frame rate by 2 or 3, it more renders the game for your computer, instead of the horrid rendering system they have preinstalled.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

Note: If you find a cliffside with four red balls and weird looking corpse named Johnny in New Vegas, let me know.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

As a big fan of Fallout, I can say this game would be perfect without the fucking Gamebyro (or whatever it's called) engine. Bethesda needs to let that engine die, because it is outdated, ugly, buggy, and not too much fun to play with. It really is a disgrace to New Vegas, because the game is like Fallout 3, but better in every single way possible.

Also, Mr. New Vegas > Three-Dog. That is a fact.
Dep. Redundency Dep.
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Riftoff wrote:Note: If you find a cliffside with four red balls and weird looking corpse named Johnny in New Vegas, let me know.
Freakiest thing happened. When I went to the cliff side where Johnny was (It's right near Goodsprings) The song "Johnny Guitar" came on. Then I heard the stereotypical alien noise as a UFO flew over head.

Shat my pants.
BAMF

Unread post by BAMF »

The Wild Wasteland trait is the best thing ever, I love the old lady gang that keeps attacking me!
BAMF

Unread post by BAMF »

so who did everyone side with?
I went with Mr. House, just because the NCR and Legion are idiots, and I thought Mr. House could rule much better than the Courier and Yes Man ever could.
Although if I could have, I would have put the Followers into power, and the Remnants on my retard save.
Dep. Redundency Dep.
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I went with Yes Man and myself, because I love establishing chaos.
Then my next play through I sided with NCR, because I wanted to fight in the Dam. I rushed through just to see the quests.
My thrid play through I rushed through again, I really just want to do Caesar's quest line.
On my fourth now. Gonna side with House, because it's the last one.
BAMF

Unread post by BAMF »

Dep. Redundency Dep. wrote:I went with Yes Man and myself, because I love establishing chaos.
Then my next play through I sided with NCR, because I wanted to fight in the Dam. I rushed through just to see the quests.
My thrid play through I rushed through again, I really just want to do Caesar's quest line.
On my fourth now. Gonna side with House, because it's the last one.
Going very in depth, huh? I've only done two complete saves myself, Mr. House and Yes Man, but I do plan on trying the NCR quest on my hardcore play through, so that should be fun.
Dep. Redundency Dep.
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

BAMF wrote:...but I do plan on trying the NCR quest on my hardcore play through, so that should be fun.
My recommendation, don't actually attack the legion until you reach Novac. Or you don't stand a chance.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

The space suit is damn addicting to wear
Neverless
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:23171096

Unread post by Neverless »

I just got the game like 3 days ago. Pretty good so far but I did encounter a few glitches already but nothing major.
MMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM....
Sgt. Penis

Unread post by Sgt. Penis »

It's pissing me off; the number of npc's that keep spawning in the ground!