Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

What is with the admin abuse on the fun server?

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
n23800

What is with the admin abuse on the fun server?

Unread post by n23800 »

I get that it is a fun server and there is going to be a bit of admin abuse, hopefully to make things more fun. Hardly the case lately. I believe it to be wolfmaster pulling this moronic behavior.

Constantly slaying one team and both about 10seconds into a game isn't at all fun 8 times in a row. Then when the admin dies, he slays the enemy team or blinds them. Every round this is happening. Thought it was a one time thing but apparently not.

I generally don't bitch, but I do enjoy your servers and have for a long time. Just thought I should bring this to the attention of others since I did not see a thread about this before.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: What is with the admin abuse on the fun server?

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

There's a lot of opinions over the funserver (mainly wanting to completely close it all together), but I'm just going to go ahead and quote what I said in a different topic asking the same thing:

CaptainAngry made the Funserver as a place Admins could do whatever they wanted. Some admins go there to vent on stuff that's happened. Others just go there to pick on new players.

But this new way of people getting admin powers all depends on what you, the person who plays with these people, think of them. You think they're doing a great job? give them a plus vote here on the forums. Think they could do better? Don't vote, but send them a PM about what's wrong. Think they should wait a while until getting admin? Down vote them.

Really, it's all up to you.
Life is whatever.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Despite the generic "fun server stfu" response. I actually had a problem with wolfmaster last time I saw him on. I have no idea who he is, yet he has access to most of the admin commands and doesn't hesitate to show it. He was doing this sort of thing before, and I was about to ban him for outright abuse (there is a limit) when I asked tomm or tgame or someone who he was, but he stopped and that was the last I heard from him.

I believe this thread is more of a complaint about a member than the server in general, and I agree.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Solution:
1: Get his steam username.
2: Send it to Cap.
3: Have him un-admin him.
4: ???
5: Profit!
Life is whatever.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

that creats a problem, because wolfmaster is the highest donator, so ive heard. he has that pay so and so amount of money each month, and the highest one(money wise). hes already been banned by royal blue once for what i have no idea.
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Subscribers get added bonuses as well. Bonuses are TBD for the time being.
Also, killing the funserver all together will decrease the cost per month for the servers.
Life is whatever.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

tomm wrote:that creats a problem, because wolfmaster is the highest donator, so ive heard. he has that pay so and so amount of money each month, and the highest one(money wise). hes already been banned by royal blue once for what i have no idea.
Yes he is a big donator , but he can't make people not want to go to the funserver. Plus he kicks random people , and says he didn't do it. Even though I can see his actions and post them in the chat for proof.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Everyone here can spare $1.50, right? Send captain $1.50 every week. 1.50X4=$6. $6X (x amount of people) =server money. If everyone did this, Captain would only have to lift a finger to click to pay for the servers.
Life is whatever.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I'm taking his admin away. Too many complaints. I'll give it back when he stops being a dick.