Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Tf2 Overpowered list

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Mr.Pain
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:25347453

Tf2 Overpowered list

Unread post by Mr.Pain »

I have been hearing a lot of talk lately about how some classes are over powered or what not, so from now on if you have a suggestion or a character in tf2 that is overpowered or you think is, post everything here!

Submitted by,
Mr.Pain
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Re: Tf2 Overpowered list

Unread post by BAMF »

Nothing is OP.

/thread
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

Targe+eylander + equalizer are op in melee only.

only thing that matters.
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
MehPlusRawr
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:21247467

Unread post by MehPlusRawr »

RandomGuy wrote:Targe+eylander + equalizer are op in melee only.

only thing that matters.

Eyelander/targe are balanced in melee, IMO.

Equalizer is OP, because when it crits and you have low health, everything dies. You can one-shot a medic WITHOUT a crit if you have really low health.

Direct hit is like the best melee weapon ever, it's stupid, it completely took the point out of melee.
When life gives you lemons, throw them out, but then make a witty signature about it like Goose.

And also like me.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Targe + bottle is just a bottle buff, targe has longer range = imba for axe pyros :cry:
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Unread post by Toastyking »

MehPlusRawr wrote:Direct hit is like the best melee weapon ever, it's stupid, it completely took the point out of melee.

Wat.
deadmouse8
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16551980

Unread post by deadmouse8 »

i would say the fan and equalizer is over powered b/c with the update making the fan make u fly. it can now kill a demo in 2 shots :( . And everyone uses it wrong, its a bitch :o

and the equalizer is not equal (see what i did there :awesome: ) its the best melee weapon. you just need to get hit once and u can kill them easy. plus if u crit a soldier, most of the time it make him low health. and you cant run away
AND there is no downsides
Loaf
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24291963

Unread post by Loaf »

deadmouse8 wrote:i would say the fan and equalizer is over powered b/c with the update making the fan make u fly. it can now kill a demo in 2 shots :( . And everyone uses it wrong, its a bitch :o

and the equalizer is not equal (see what i did there :awesome: ) its the best melee weapon. you just need to get hit once and u can kill them easy. plus if u crit a soldier, most of the time it make him low health. and you cant run away

Except you know...low health
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

deadmouse8 wrote:i would say the fan and equalizer is over powered b/c with the update making the fan make u fly. it can now kill a demo in 2 shots :( . And everyone uses it wrong, its a bitch :o

Let's say you're on a server that's NOT the funserver.

You see a soldier across the 2Fort bridge. You fire all your rockets. They MISS. You use the shotgun. You MISS. You only have 60 health left. You have no choice but to pull out the Equalizer. The soldier rocket jumps and hit you from the air like a decent soldier. You DIE.

Yeah, it's really OP if it's on fucking melee only mode, but it's almost USELESS everywhere else.
Life is whatever.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Hey I play shotgug/axe pyro every time I play well. By choice, cause its fun. Funny ninja axing people.
deadmouse8

PhrozenFlame wrote:

Let's say you're on a server that's NOT the funserver.

You see a soldier across the 2Fort bridge. You fire all your rockets. They MISS. You use the shotgun. You MISS. You only have 60 health left. You have no choice but to pull out the Equalizer. The soldier rocket jumps and hit you from the air like a decent soldier. You DIE.

Yeah, it's really OP if it's on fucking melee only mode, but it's almost USELESS everywhere else.

Ok what if ur on badwater, on def (red). you kill some people and end up getting hit by a demo grenade. Your about 20-50 health. You try to find a med pack but the useless scouts are hogging them. Try a medic but the fat ass heavys is using them. so the medics, theres a less chance to get healed. then you just run off on the cliff ambushing there medics and heavy then u run away almost as fast as a scout and do it again. this also works on 2 fort too if ur in the enemy base.
the equalizer is made for def. and if you use it right then its really over powered.

Also you can reload :stupid: and retreat if he is a decent soldier and your not at that time you would have low health and naturaly retreat
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

If they're decent medics, they would heal you. It takes less than two seconds, and you're asking for a HEAL not a partner medic.

There usually AREN'T scouts on Defense, and even if they're are, there are usually more health packs around.

If you reload the rocket launcher, you're a HUGE target. If you reload the shotgun, you're an idiot. The shotgun is completely useless if you reload and shoot again. it takes a second to reload, and after you shoot, it takes ANOTHER SECOND before you can even RELOAD.

If you retreat, the soldier will know you have almost no health, and pursue you.

You run off a cliff with 20-50 health, you'll have about 10-35 and a heavy could easily chew right through you.

The Equalizer DOESN'T work on 2Fort unless you're retreating. That's about the only thing it's useful for.

COUNTERED. :shock:
Life is whatever.
deadmouse8

PhrozenFlame wrote:If they're decent medics, they would heal you. It takes less than two seconds, and you're asking for a HEAL not a partner medic.

There usually AREN'T scouts on Defense, and even if they're are, there are usually more health packs around.

If you reload the rocket launcher, you're a HUGE target. If you reload the shotgun, you're an idiot. The shotgun is completely useless if you reload and shoot again. it takes a second to reload, and after you shoot, it takes ANOTHER SECOND before you can even RELOAD.

If you retreat, the soldier will know you have almost no health, and pursue you.

You run off a cliff with 20-50 health, you'll have about 10-35 and a heavy could easily chew right through you.

The Equalizer DOESN'T work on 2Fort unless you're retreating. That's about the only thing it's useful for.

Maybe there isnt scoots on def (maybe on gravel pit) but there is many more classes that can easily get damaged. like the pyro (w+m1). also alot of engies talk both. (metal and health)

And when i was talking about the medic i mean their busy in the front lines. if they stop healing his/hers patient they will probability get hit by a crit rocket or get hit by a random arrow. And if they do stay back for some reason, even if there is many dieing comrades in the front lines, that means they suck and waste there time with snipers or engies

And the cliff part i mean no fall damage. and your suppose to hit them when they are busy like the spy. And if you kill the medic the heavy will be all ready DEAD from ur team mates.

also when im talking about the 2fort i mean if the team is so stupid and have no sentrys. and you go killin people there you will get at least 3 kills. and it is good for running away like little baby.

AND the reloading part, i suspect that you will not be the only one on the field. there will be pyros w+m1ing, demos spaming, and heavys shooting. so you could reload at least 2 rockets or 3 shells. also if you retreat to reload, most of the time your team mates will at least hit him dieing and if he does make it you will be reloaded and ready for a ambush. And most of the time the ambush works. OR if your hurt and need to reload and retared you could ambush him with the equalizer. maybe he could kill you but there could be a chance that u will hit him first and end up killing himself with his own rocket b/c ur meleeing him.

and if you are runing you could run to a court yard and he will killed by a turtle engie :raph: :leo: :don: :mike:

COUNTER ATTACK :shock: :shock: 2x
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

deadmouse8 wrote:
PhrozenFlame wrote:If they're decent medics, they would heal you. It takes less than two seconds, and you're asking for a HEAL not a partner medic.

Maybe there isnt scoots on def (maybe on gravel pit) but there is many more classes that can easily get damaged. like the pyro (w+m1). also alot of engies talk both. (metal and health)

And when i was talking about the medic i mean their busy in the front lines. if they stop healing his/hers patient they will probability get hit by a crit rocket or get hit by a random arrow. And if they do stay back for some reason, even if there is many dieing comrades in the front lines, that means they suck and waste there time with snipers or engies

And the cliff part i mean no fall damage. and your suppose to hit them when they are busy like the spy. And if you kill the medic the heavy will be all ready DEAD from ur team mates.

also when im talking about the 2fort i mean if the team is so stupid and have no sentrys. and you go killin people there you will get at least 3 kills. and it is good for running away like little baby.

AND the reloading part, i suspect that you will not be the only one on the field. there will be pyros w+m1ing, demos spaming, and heavys shooting. so you could reload at least 2 rockets or 3 shells. also if you retreat to reload, most of the time your team mates will at least hit him dieing and if he does make it you will be reloaded and ready for a ambush. And most of the time the ambush works. OR if your hurt and need to reload and retared you could ambush him with the equalizer. maybe he could kill you but there could be a chance that u will hit him first and end up killing himself with his own rocket b/c ur meleeing him.

and if you are runing you could run to a court yard and he will killed by a turtle engie :raph: :leo: :don: :mike:

COUNTER ATTACK :shock: :shock: 2x
Pyros don't W+M1 much anymore, at least on the stock rotation/decent servers.

Why would the medic randomly get hit by a crock or an arrow? I mean, I know there's shit flying, but if there's THAT much shit flying, it's time for a tactical retreat. If the medic doesn't retreat or go for a health pack when he's been hit too hard, he's a terrible medic. Plus, you gotta remember that you're teammates will be providing cover fire. It's not just gonna be you, a medic, and a heavy.

No fall damage? K, you have 20-50 health. Either heavy chews you up, medic Blutsaugers you to death, or their teammates finish you off. Got 1-2 kills, whoop-de-fucking-do.

And you're gonna have your teammates in on this, what about his? He's not gonna come in alone. Let's say he has identical teammates and they're taking on your teammates. What then? Retreat and ambush you say? What if he's smart and rounds the corner at a large angle, putting A LOT of distance between you both? Two shotted. Retreat for health then? He's a decent soldier, he has to be able to anticipate where you're gonna go. Two shotted again.

A decent soldier would retreat back at the sentry's beep. There goes your assist.

Have we established that I win, or are we gonna have to bring Critical Hits into this? :?
Life is whatever.