Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Jail_Stadium [on server]

Play a good map that you would like to see on the server? Submit it here.
PaperninjaXG1

Jail_Stadium [on server]

Unread post by PaperninjaXG1 »

Hello everyone. This is my third map so I am relatively new to this. My map is called Jail Stadium. I am currently working on a new gametype, that of corse being jail. Now before any of you guys say prisonbreak, it's different. The jail gametype is basically just like arena, except when you die, you go to jail and you can later be freed. You get freed when your teammates infiltrate the enemy side and hit their jail button (which if the enemy is any good, should be guarded).

The game has a timer that breaks it up into three parts.

Part I - Setup - This is a 60 second period where neither team can attack each other. The setup is allotted so that a team may build sentries near the button if they want (and should).

Part II - Fighting - This is a 5 minute period of killing that will result in being thrown into jail. Just kill the enemy team ASAP.

Part III - Incentive - Once the five minutes are up, a control point will open in the middle of the map so that either team may actually win. This should also promote more fighting.

This is the basic jail gametype. Enjoy and please consider putting it in your server.

Notes: There is one bug that I don't know how to fix. Some of the props (the pillars) have purple and black textures. This is weird because when I work in hammer the textures are perfectly fine. When I put the extra materials into the map (via Pakrat) it works but when I play the map on my other PC, the textures are missing. Because of this, I have included the models and materials for the pillars in the download. I don't know anything about running a server but I think you need to put those in the server for players to download.

EDIT: I don't think the attachment thing is working for me so here is a link to the file. http://www.sendspace.com/file/2eg859
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Re: Jail_Stadium

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Haven't played this map yet, but if the button is too hard to push or get to, you may want to consider adding a "jailbreak" where all the prisoners are freed every so often.
PaperninjaXG1

Don't worry, all you have to do is shoot the button to press.

(((Keep this secret for now but any good spy could easily hit the button lol.)))
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

What happens if everyone from one team gets in the jail?
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I think you have to compile all the materials and models into the map before I can add it to the server. Otherwise people won't be able to get all the custom content...
PaperninjaXG1

Ok, let me answer both of your questions Captain.

1. What happens when everyone dies? Unfortunately I don't know what entity there is that would set a win condition when the enemy team is in an area so the answer is nothing. Placing all of the enemies in jail does nothing, but thats what the control point is for. Basically you will be able to cap unopposed and that is the ultimate goal of this gametype.

2. Ok, yea let me make revisions on my map real quick. I'll upload another copy soon.
PaperninjaXG1

Ok, here is the updated version. The models that weren't working weren't very noticeable anyway so I just deleted them. I appreciate your consideration of hosting my map. http://www.sendspace.com/file/93i4oq
PaperninjaXG1

Lol forgot something. THIS is the final version. Thanks for considering and sorry about this. http://www.sendspace.com/file/um5r4i
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

You're probably aware of this, but just Google "PakRat" and download the mapping tool. Then all you have to do is open it, select your map, click the "auto" button, then resave your bsp. Then everything custom will be in the map.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
PaperninjaXG1

Lol, I already knew about that. Thats the problem. The models worked in game and I packed them in but they still don't show up.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

I added this to the main server for now.
PaperninjaXG1

Hey guys. Here is the updated version. Sorry it took so long.

What I changed:
-kill button more fair
-jail releases every 90 sec.
-can't shoot thru jail anymore
-white light instead of purple
-lighted hallways
-no more cp
-can't change class unless in setup
-16 kills to win

The main difference is the objective. To win, you need to kill 16 enemies. Thats it! Enjoy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/juru29