Shootings at Fort Hood

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: Shootings at Fort Hood

Unread post by Beetle »

Anyone can post a link, Liquid. Care to speculate?
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

I felt that this is the kind of thing that should be discussed on a public forum.

What do you think this says?

If some may find a comment offensive or too political for Cc, put it in NSFW NSFW: Click to View
OH THE IRONY the ineffectiveness of our guns ability to penetrate body armor saves lives.
I think the president made the right decision not conveying this as a national threat to security. As honestly, what will making people scared do? It certainly won't make the process any more efficient

I personally believe this not to be a "Terrorist attack" but of one guy going crazy because he was about to be deployed.
Last edited by Liquid Death on 06 Nov 2009, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Pssh, I don't think you should censor your PoV, but I see you don't want to offend.

I , myself, wonder how this will affect people that recently decided to join the army.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Beetle wrote:Pssh, I don't think you should censor your PoV, but I see you don't want to offend.
It's just that some people are silly enough to let points of view divide them.
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5875326

Unread post by bluephyr »

Make it a point to wonder how many people in a military post did not have a weapon, or in the case of him wearing armor, the SKILL, to stop him before he harmed that many people.

Also, you know the public paranoia will deem this as a terrorist attack because the guy was MUSLIM. Lol.. a Muslim guy who had a degree in psychiatry :|. That is irony...
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

bluephyr wrote:Make it a point to wonder how many people in a military post did not have a weapon, or in the case of him wearing armor, the SKILL, to stop him before he harmed that many people.

Also, you know the public paranoia will deem this as a terrorist attack because the guy was MUSLIM. Lol.. a Muslim guy who had a degree in psychiatry :|. That is irony...
Fuck off which ever bluephyr you are.
NSFW: Click to View
If military have gun this never happen
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Unread post by giggles »

bluephyr wrote:Make it a point to wonder how many people in a military post did not have a weapon, or in the case of him wearing armor, the SKILL, to stop him before he harmed that many people.

wtf you tryin to say there?!
~Mai Husbando~
Noodlefoo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:16175581
Twitter Username: Noodlefoo

Unread post by Noodlefoo »

What he said is right though. The guy just happen to be Muslim and because of that there will in fact, and has been speculation about terrorism. The "irony" part was a bit offensive because of the "Muslim" included, but he was just not being specific, because yeah, if you are a psychiatrist to help people with their mental problem and you go on a killing spree, that is a bit ironic. So, everyone, calm down and use your brains to actually interpret something rather than jump to attack someone else.
ImageImageImage
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

It's ok. Riftoff has always hated me, "whichever" bluephyr I was.
I was pretty straightforward on the irony about the psychiatry aspect, AND the media jumping on this as "terrorism" just because he was Muslim.

So, people, think before you assume I meant the worst. I'll spell it out.
I DIDN'T say he was a terrorist, I DIDN'T say that I laughed at people in Fort Hood for not having any weapons or means to stop him.
Let me clarify.
a terrorist attack because the guy was MUSLIM. Lol.. a Muslim guy who had a degree in psychiatry :|. That is irony...
As I was referring to the guy, not the fact that a MUSLIM had a degree in psychiatry. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

So, ultimately, I shouldn't feel bad right now. Though I still do because I constantly catch shit from any and all people who prejudice me.
Last edited by bluephyr on 06 Nov 2009, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20067578

Unread post by Ex-PFC Wintergreen »

Ok, I doubt you have been to a military base so I am going to spell it out for you. Only the MPs carry guns on base. If you want your gun you have to go to the armory and check it out and after that you are only allowed to use it on the shooting range. The clerks aren't all running around with their service pistols and M-4s.

P.S. 50 bucks says that the guy that posted this shit is big blue.
At least I don't have flies in my eyes.
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Well, Wintergreen, were you there? I wasn't. Never said I was. But uh.. ^^^ refer to top post.
I certainly DO wish someone was around with a weapon. Less casualties.

Wasn't he a full American citizen, and lived here all his life? I know his religious sect was Muslim, but he was supposedly a good guy, with a nice attitude towards Americans.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

bluephyr wrote:

Terrorism is a policy or ideology of violence in asymmetrical conflict. I am pretty sure that shooting unarmed people falls under that category.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:
Terrorism is a policy or ideology of violence in asymmetrical conflict. I am pretty sure that shooting unarmed people falls under that category.
So we should be fighting gangs?
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Yes, but the military wont work for that kind of task. The police are doing all they can and I am ok with that. I dont want to turn America into a war zone but hopefully during a time of peace the military could assist with eradicating gangs. I think that gangs are absolutely terrorists though.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:Yes, but the military wont work for that kind of task. The police are doing all they can and I am ok with that. I dont want to turn America into a war zone but hopefully during a time of peace the military could assist with eradicating gangs. I think that gangs are absolutely terrorists though.
^
This
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Liquid Death wrote: NSFW: Click to View
OH THE IRONY the ineffectiveness of our guns ability to penetrate body armor saves lives.
I find it even more ironic that the shooter was a PSYCHIATRIST. That's just funny.
Life is whatever.
Noodlefoo

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:Ok, I doubt you have been to a military base so I am going to spell it out for you. Only the MPs carry guns on base. If you want your gun you have to go to the armory and check it out and after that you are only allowed to use it on the shooting range. The clerks aren't all running around with their service pistols and M-4s.

P.S. 50 bucks says that the guy that posted this shit is big blue.
Actually, he lives about 5 minutes from one, one of the biggest in the U.S., Randolph AFB. About a minute from my house. But yeah, on a military base, more of the soldiers probably should have some form of weapon, if not having more MPs roaming around and not just at the entrances.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:Yes, but the military wont work for that kind of task. The police are doing all they can and I am ok with that. I dont want to turn America into a war zone but hopefully during a time of peace the military could assist with eradicating gangs. I think that gangs are absolutely terrorists though.
And yeah, martial law doesn't work. That's how dictatorships and extreme abuses of powers and civil liberties happen.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:
bluephyr wrote:

No, not terrorism unless his goal was in fact to intimidate and terrorize. Only reason people are considering it is because the dude is Muslim. There have been other military base shootings and on campuses where it's just a psycho, not a terrorist. The guy went crazy because he was going to be deployed to the Middle East, he didn't wanna go and had a break down.
ImageImageImage
Noodlefoo

PhrozenFlame wrote:
I find it even more ironic that the shooter was a PSYCHIATRIST. That's just funny.
And yeah, that's just what Blue said up there in his original post.
ImageImageImage
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

That makes a shitton more sense now. Callout is denied.

Noodlefoo

Who called out who?
ImageImageImage
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

I'm done speaking words for a while. My last post was going to make sense of a lot, but it either got deleted or never posted. So.. whatever.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Not to belittle noodles experience with the military but living in close proximity to Randolph AFB isn't much of a qualifier. I also live fairly close to Randolph but I grew up on military bases and see no reason why the regular guys on base should carry guns. You can only get in if you pass a checkpoint with armed guards and that guy wasn't really suspect because he was in fact authorized personnel. Saying that everyone should walk around with a loaded gun is just asking for people to start accidentally shooting each other.

Also, we can throw around our ideas of what defines terrorism all day but my points are that shooting people invokes the key word here TERROR and that Muslims aren't the only kind of terrorist. I am sure that I don't have to point out the IRA or the people who blow up abortion clinics.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Riftoff wrote:That makes a shitton more sense now. Callout is denied.

She needs to rename that song. None of that crap was ironic. I demand that she rename the song to either "Shitty Day" or "Unfortunate".
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:Not to belittle noodles experience with the military but living in close proximity to Randolph AFB isn't much of a qualifier. I also live fairly close to Randolph but I grew up on military bases and see no reason why the regular guys on base should carry guns. You can only get in if you pass a checkpoint with armed guards and that guy wasn't really suspect because he was in fact authorized personnel. Saying that everyone should walk around with a loaded gun is just asking for people to start accidentally shooting each other.

Also, we can throw around our ideas of what defines terrorism all day but my points are that shooting people invokes the key word here TERROR and that Muslims aren't the only kind of terrorist. I am sure that I don't have to point out the IRA or the people who blow up abortion clinics.
I thought that was what the safety was for? Or does noone use it anymore?
Life is whatever.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

PhrozenFlame wrote: I thought that was what the safety was for? Or does noone use it anymore?
Texas
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Noodlefoo wrote:
PhrozenFlame wrote:
And yeah, that's just what Blue said up there in his original post.
That's not what he said. Phrozen found it funny that the shooter was a psychiatrist. Blue found it funny that he was muslim and a pyschiatrist.

One of these is not like the other.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Liquid Death wrote:
PhrozenFlame wrote: I thought that was what the safety was for? Or does noone use it anymore?
Texas
I live in it.
Life is whatever.
Noodlefoo

Ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:Not to belittle noodles experience with the military but living in close proximity to Randolph AFB isn't much of a qualifier. I also live fairly close to Randolph but I grew up on military bases and see no reason why the regular guys on base should carry guns. You can only get in if you pass a checkpoint with armed guards and that guy wasn't really suspect because he was in fact authorized personnel. Saying that everyone should walk around with a loaded gun is just asking for people to start accidentally shooting each other.

I've been on that base multiple times as well as many other bases around the area. I thought that would be implied in living by it. And yeah not every single person needs to carry a weapon, but having more security around could have prevented this. The fact is there are people on a base with access to weapons, and a base is a place that is highly targeted for people to attack. And armed gunmen have gotten on base before, despite having gone through the checkpoints-I've gone through their checkpoints multiple times and they really don't check much.

And no." –noun
1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes."

Terrorism is used just to intimidate, this guy was just having a breakdown about having to go to the Middles East. And I wasn't saying that from my POV that terrorists are Muslim, I was saying that is how the media and public view it, so when they see the guy is Middle Eastern, assumptions are made that shouldn't be made.
Beetle wrote:
Noodlefoo wrote: And yeah, that's just what Blue said up there in his original post.
That's not what he said. Phrozen found it funny that the shooter was a psychiatrist. Blue found it funny that he was muslim and a pyschiatrist.

One of these is not like the other.
And yeah, that was clearly what he was going for. Re read it. It may have been a little poorly worded to where people who are just skimming won't understand its actual meaning, but that is clearly what it is meant to say.

Honestly it seems like everyone just wants to ride someone's ass for no reason, particularly Blue lately. People just need to chill. Interwebs need not be taken so seriously all the time.
ImageImageImage
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Lol.. a Muslim guy who had a degree in psychiatry :|. That is irony...
Oh dear, I see clearly now how I could have taken that for something its not

Its probably a joke, I know, but that doesn't mean you can blame it on being poorly worded meaning something else. Its obviously worded