Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Need help ripping a video off website

How may we help you?
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Need help ripping a video off website

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

Can anybody explain to me how to rip a video off a website – or be willing to rip if for me then email it to me?

The video I need is:

http://www.flumist.com/Professional/Dos ... istration/
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Re: Need help ripping a video off website

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

you can try to find some addon in firefox to download the .flv (flash file) and then convert it to video
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

Yeah, as long as you are able to get the FLV there is a good amount of software out there to play/convert it to a different file type.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

www.vdownloader.com I use this and it works pretty well.
Life is whatever.
BigJohn 308
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:12350156

Unread post by BigJohn 308 »

Guys,
Thank you so much for your replies. Sorry about taking so long to reply to this, but this virus has kept me busy lately, and what little computer time I can muster (at home) has been spend trying to forget about work involving a rocket launcher & flame thrower ;)

Thanks again for your help!
steve09
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18923152
Twitter Username: Sergeant_Stevi

Unread post by steve09 »

I use Real Player, the basic version is free but it allows u to download videos off of websites, tho some are blocked. It will also play the videos oncec you have dl them, the latest version is Real Player SP and comes with its own video converter, YouTube videos are MP4 now but I think they are also FLV, annoyingly the pop up thing tht appears at the top right of the video in order to download it isnt working in FF 3.5.3 - 3.5.5, as yet no fix (people behind Real Player said to me ages ago when it didnt work with FF 3.0 that I should contact the FF people as its their software that isnt compatible)(still works in IE). Because of that bother with FF 3.0 and now 3.5.5 I also use Fast Video Download, this is just an add on for FF but will also download audio as will Real Player, you get a list of files on the page ur viewing that u can download. Fast Video Download shows the resolution of the video and format but the resolution shown isnt always the resolution of the video, annoying cos u then hav to rename it right, and u also hav to put the .mp4 or .flv extension in urself when u save it where Real Player does it all for you and adds the file into its own library. If ur an IE person then I would go for Real Player, if ur a FF 3.0.x person then also go for Real Player cos as far as I kno the plugin works perfectly there still, if ur a FF 3.5 person probs better to stick with Fast Video download for now.
captainangry wrote:Freedom isn't free