Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Anyone want to play thru COD5 campaign with me?

General discussion about gaming.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:11418417
Xbox Gamer Tag: Hanzo Execution

Anyone want to play thru COD5 campaign with me?

Unread post by Hanzo_blade »

So I have COD5 World at War on PC (thanks to grim for giving it to me a while ago from that contest) and now I'm finally thinking about actually PLAYING it instead of just having fun with nazi zombies online. So if anyone else has it for PC, I would find it more enjoyable to play through with someone else on co op. Just reply to this thread if your interested.

:roll:
ImageImage
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Re: Anyone want to play thru COD5 campaign with me?

Unread post by Viano »

Unfortunately I do not, but trust me its fun I especially have fun playing the Russian parts Dmitri just can't die.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

It can be played co-op? I'm game, busy lately though.
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Sounds gewd. Yep it is co-op. Just not sure how stable the connection will be. We shall find out
ImageImage
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Unread post by Ghost »

i would do coop but my copy of cod5 is all messed up. it says cant connect to online service but i have a valid cd key and bought it legally retail. so i dont kno the problem.
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

hmm possible firewall might be blocking online gameplay or maybe you dont have punkbuster thingy installed (anti cheat program). That's all I can think of... I would demand a refund though if it don't work online
ImageImage
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

hmmm. ill try. ill install it again
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

im about to buy it soon, so ill play coop with ya. cant be anytime this or next week though. im flying out to san antonio on monday to visit lackland AFB...
Mr Game
Steam ID: 0

Unread post by Mr Game »

I'm up for a game.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

ok cod5 is just failing for me. i talked to their customer support. and this is what happend. and BTW i used a fake last name! lol. the conversation starts at the bottom and then ends at top

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
When i open world at war multiplayer it says "cant connect to online service"...

Discussion Thread
Response (Nick Bee) - 10/02/2009 09:12 PM
Hi,

If the ports time out, either you have not configured your router properly, you have a firewall you do not know about, or your modem has a built in router as well.

For testing reasons, disconnect your router and hook up directly to your cable/dsl modem. Verify you have a working connection. Then try the game again. If you cannot get an IP address, you may need to power cycle your modem.

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 07:51 PM
when i run a port test it says "Port 28960 Timed out" and same for the other one

Response (Nick Bee) - 10/02/2009 05:53 PM
Hi,

Run a custom port test on the following site. Type in 28960 to the Custom Port test box and click Check Port. Tell me what it says: http://whatsmyip.org/ports Also run a test on port 3074

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 05:13 PM
i havent cheated. i cant even play the game! i cant even make a online profile because i keep getting the cant connect to online service error. i tried everything. it happens every time i try to play the game.

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 05:08 PM
If you'd cheated, you'd be banned by Admin or Punkbuster....

If you'd not cheated, keep try logging on servers over the weekend, provide us with the time frame on when you'd not be able to login most often for further investigation, if you could some how log in to the sever.

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 04:59 PM
i tried that. I dont think it was stolen either. is it possible my cd key was disabled or deactivated or banned?

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 04:47 PM
If it were stolen, there is no way that you can not have access to the game for 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The person who stole your key at some point would stop playing, it sounded a lot like more port forwarding issue to me, if thats the case. However, if you are certain that your key is stolen, it is very likely that you'll have to purchase a new copy. As stated in the game manual on page 1, "If you lose your CD-Key, you will not be issued another one."

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 04:43 PM
i did the port forwarding. still doesnt work. ill try to do that waiting 5-10 min thing.

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 04:25 PM
If you'd been uninstalling and re-installed the game, then it is very likely that you will need to do port forwarding. Once you got that done, if it still wouldn't work, please see below.

In order for us to determine whether your code is stolen or not, please try the following, whenever you get the CD key in use error or cant connect to online service, please wait for about 5-10 mins and try to log in again, under normal circumstances by doing over 3 attempts should allow you to log in unless your code's stolen.

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 04:19 PM
well thank you for actually trying to help this time. I have the newest patches and i have punkbuster. I bought this game last December. i uninstalled it and just installed it again now. When i bought it then it worked fine.

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 04:15 PM
Be sure that your computer is not behind a software or hardware firewall of any kind. This includes firewalls built into routers or other equipment, as well as programs like Zone Alarm, Black Ice, and the integrated firewall in Windows XP/Vista. Activision does not support the use of our games from behind a firewall. If it is not possible to disable the firewall you will need to open the ports for Call of Duty: World at War. Call of Duty WaW transmits and receives network traffic on ports 28960 3074 for UDP and port 28960 for TCP. The exact details on opening a port is specific to your firewall. For more information check with the firewall documentation or manufacturer.

Another common cause of problems is a poorly configured router or connection sharing solution. If you are using a router, ICS, NAT or a software gateway you may have problems playing on the internet. This is because the router may not be forwarding the correct information back to your machine. It may be possible to get around this problem using port forwarding or DMZ. You can find more information on configuring shared connections for multiplayer gaming at www.practicallynetworked.com. Please be aware that like a firewall we cannot actively support using shared connections to play online.

The most common cause of problems though is usually the simplest - an overburdened network stack. By default many computers have protocols the average person doesn't use; things like VPN or NDISWAN. You may want to contact your ISP to find out exactly which protocols you can safely remove. Often times network game problems are resolved by something as simple as removing unused adapters and protocols.

The problem may also be related to the status of your ISP or that of the server. Due to the dynamic nature of the internet and the variable levels of traffic, it is impossible to completely eliminate this error. If you are having persistent problems you may wish to try a different server, or just wait and play a little while later.

Have you intalled all the patches and have you also installed punkbuster? Can you tell us how long have you been playing the game?

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 04:10 PM
You guys dont give a shit about any of your customers. Are they any other soultions to do for the cant connect to online services error? or it is just the ports and firewall which i already did?

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 04:06 PM
heThank you for contacting Activision,

I am afraid it isn't Activision's fault either, I am afraid that we do not have codes to give out, situation like this it is very likely that you'll have to purchase a new copy.

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 03:54 PM
this customer support is horrible. i payed 50 bucks for this game. i demand one now. its not my fault it was stolen.

PS. last product i ever buy from you guys again. either help me or dont give me some stupid answer. i demand one right now.

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 03:24 PM
Thank you for contacting Activision,

Unfortunately we cannot replace your stolen or lost Key, as we do not have any keys to give out. The Keys are placed in the packaging at the manufacturing plant. As stated in the game manual on page 1, "If you lose your CD-Key, you will not be issued another one."

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 03:21 PM
and my firewall is turned off and i allowed ports 28960 3074 for UDP and port 28960 for TCP. so dont give me some stupid answer about that. i demand a new cd key
Mr Game
Steam ID: 0

Unread post by Mr Game »

[spoiler]Ghost said: "ok cod5 is just failing for me. i talked to their customer support. and this is what happend. and BTW i used a fake last name! lol. the conversation starts at the bottom and then ends at top

Subject
When i open world at war multiplayer it says "cant connect to online service"...

Discussion Thread
Response (Nick Bee) - 10/02/2009 09:12 PM
Hi,

If the ports time out, either you have not configured your router properly, you have a firewall you do not know about, or your modem has a built in router as well.

For testing reasons, disconnect your router and hook up directly to your cable/dsl modem. Verify you have a working connection. Then try the game again. If you cannot get an IP address, you may need to power cycle your modem.

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 07:51 PM
when i run a port test it says "Port 28960 Timed out" and same for the other one

Response (Nick Bee) - 10/02/2009 05:53 PM
Hi,

Run a custom port test on the following site. Type in 28960 to the Custom Port test box and click Check Port. Tell me what it says: http://whatsmyip.org/ports Also run a test on port 3074

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 05:13 PM
i havent cheated. i cant even play the game! i cant even make a online profile because i keep getting the cant connect to online service error. i tried everything. it happens every time i try to play the game.

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 05:08 PM
If you'd cheated, you'd be banned by Admin or Punkbuster....

If you'd not cheated, keep try logging on servers over the weekend, provide us with the time frame on when you'd not be able to login most often for further investigation, if you could some how log in to the sever.

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 04:59 PM
i tried that. I dont think it was stolen either. is it possible my cd key was disabled or deactivated or banned?

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 04:47 PM
If it were stolen, there is no way that you can not have access to the game for 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The person who stole your key at some point would stop playing, it sounded a lot like more port forwarding issue to me, if thats the case. However, if you are certain that your key is stolen, it is very likely that you'll have to purchase a new copy. As stated in the game manual on page 1, "If you lose your CD-Key, you will not be issued another one."

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 04:43 PM
i did the port forwarding. still doesnt work. ill try to do that waiting 5-10 min thing.

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 04:25 PM
If you'd been uninstalling and re-installed the game, then it is very likely that you will need to do port forwarding. Once you got that done, if it still wouldn't work, please see below.

In order for us to determine whether your code is stolen or not, please try the following, whenever you get the CD key in use error or cant connect to online service, please wait for about 5-10 mins and try to log in again, under normal circumstances by doing over 3 attempts should allow you to log in unless your code's stolen.

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 04:19 PM
well thank you for actually trying to help this time. I have the newest patches and i have punkbuster. I bought this game last December. i uninstalled it and just installed it again now. When i bought it then it worked fine.

Be sure that your computer is not behind a software or hardware firewall of any kind. This includes firewalls built into routers or other equipment, as well as programs like Zone Alarm, Black Ice, and the integrated firewall in Windows XP/Vista. Activision does not support the use of our games from behind a firewall. If it is not possible to disable the firewall you will need to open the ports for Call of Duty: World at War. Call of Duty WaW transmits and receives network traffic on ports 28960 3074 for UDP and port 28960 for TCP. The exact details on opening a port is specific to your firewall. For more information check with the firewall documentation or manufacturer.

Another common cause of problems is a poorly configured router or connection sharing solution. If you are using a router, ICS, NAT or a software gateway you may have problems playing on the internet. This is because the router may not be forwarding the correct information back to your machine. It may be possible to get around this problem using port forwarding or DMZ. You can find more information on configuring shared connections for multiplayer gaming at http://www.practicallynetworked.com. Please be aware that like a firewall we cannot actively support using shared connections to play online.

The most common cause of problems though is usually the simplest - an overburdened network stack. By default many computers have protocols the average person doesn't use; things like VPN or NDISWAN. You may want to contact your ISP to find out exactly which protocols you can safely remove. Often times network game problems are resolved by something as simple as removing unused adapters and protocols.

The problem may also be related to the status of your ISP or that of the server. Due to the dynamic nature of the internet and the variable levels of traffic, it is impossible to completely eliminate this error. If you are having persistent problems you may wish to try a different server, or just wait and play a little while later.

Have you intalled all the patches and have you also installed punkbuster? Can you tell us how long have you been playing the game?

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 04:10 PM
You guys dont give a shit about any of your customers. Are they any other soultions to do for the cant connect to online services error? or it is just the ports and firewall which i already did?

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 04:06 PM
heThank you for contacting Activision,

I am afraid it isn't Activision's fault either, I am afraid that we do not have codes to give out, situation like this it is very likely that you'll have to purchase a new copy.

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 03:54 PM
this customer support is horrible. i payed 50 bucks for this game. i demand one now. its not my fault it was stolen.

PS. last product i ever buy from you guys again. either help me or dont give me some stupid answer. i demand one right now.

Response (Samuel Sze) - 10/02/2009 03:24 PM
Thank you for contacting Activision,

Unfortunately we cannot replace your stolen or lost Key, as we do not have any keys to give out. The Keys are placed in the packaging at the manufacturing plant. As stated in the game manual on page 1, "If you lose your CD-Key, you will not be issued another one."

Customer (luke johnsoon) - 10/02/2009 03:21 PM
and my firewall is turned off and i allowed ports 28960 3074 for UDP and port 28960 for TCP. so dont give me some stupid answer about that. i demand a new cd key"[/spoiler]

I know, activision sucks at providing support for their games. I purchased CoD: WaW, and the first day I tried to play it all I got was a black screen. So after a week of contacting support (with no success), I googled the problem and found the fix.
THE GRASS IS SMILING AT YOU, PLEASE DETOUR.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

Did you do all of this, Ghost? You need to do this for your router, Windows Firewall, any other system firewall, and any firewall you may have with your modem.

If you need help forwarding ports or knowing what to do: This Site provides info where you select your router, then your game and it'll give you a step by step tutorial on exactly what to do.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

thanks alot divine. ill try.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

i type my IP into the address bar in firefox and it asks for my username and password of my router. how do i find this out?
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

The password is either very basic (leave it blank, use admin or administrator, etc.) or it's preset by itself. If it's preset then it should be listed somewhere on your router or in your user manual. And if you still can't figure it out, try calling whoever made it or whoever your ISP is if they provided you with the router.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

i think when my internet was getting hooked up someone made a custom username and password. to make it go back to the default admin for password should i just reset my router?
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

You're gonna have to search around for how to give your router a factory reset, a normal reset will only reboot the system without changing any of the settings.
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Ghost »

i found out how to do a restart to make it go back to the default settings. thanks alot for all the help. your alot better then activisions customer support. lol. I would do this but then it would give me a new wep code and all that other stuff and i dont feel like configuring it
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

Am I too late?
Hanzo_blade
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Liquid Death wrote:Am I too late?
Nope x)
ImageImage