Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Mini Ninjas

General discussion about gaming.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Mini Ninjas

Unread post by Original »

New game on steam.

the typical enemy
Mini_Samuri.jpg
Mini_Samuri.jpg (23.42 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
soon to be my avatar or spray. Also my first use of gimp, seems like a cool program, just gotta figure the ins/outs

It's like Link in 3d, maybe a bit more linear. You get to find alot of stuff like mushrooms, flowers, temples (that give magic) along the paths while fighting mini samuri (who are creatures of the forest, once you kill them they turn into frogs and bunnies...

Pretty fun, get to play a little mini ninja (and his 2 helpers can be swapped to). But only he can use the magic like fireballs, lightning storm and to possess the spirit of forest creatures (foxes, warthogs, panda). Although I'm not sure what the point of that is. I disguised as a bunny and the samuri charged me anyway.

You can use your hat as a boat and ride the rapids down the river, then fish for sushi.

The controls are a little iffy. Sub menus that work but one is screwy.
ie: 1 key opens a dialog to switch heros (easy)
2 is a menu to switch your 'ready weapon' -shurken, magic spell, fishing pole, cherry bombs, etc... which is used by hitting F.
3 is the screwy menu. It's your inventory and you can only have so many things in your #2 menu. so you hit 3 to make those selections. But then you have to hit esc to get out, all the other menus just use the same key (ie:1, 1)

To use secondary weapons (F) you hold F, then a target appears and you aim and click with mouse, let go and the attack happens.

left click is basic attack, right is like combo attack.

Very well done graphics. Thick grass everywhere you can duck in and hide. Bamboo, chinese temples, rivers you can raft, looks like mountains you can sled down...

The only issue I had (other than figuring out the weird F aim thing and the 3 menu) is that it can be a bit laggy from time to time.
On the steam forums one guy said he cleaned with ccleaner and regisrty cleaner, defragged and it was all good.
I'm gonna try that before I buy, if the demo becomes 100% smooth I'm getting it.

Try it, tell me what you think.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Re: Mini Ninjas

Unread post by Original »

Nobody wants to play Mini Ninjas?

I bought it, pretty fun I gotta say.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

I was gonna get it, but I decided to burn $100 on a new graphics card.
Life is whatever.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

I might try it when I have some money. I have many other concerns at the time.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.