Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Zombie Infection?

Discussion about anything.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Zombie Infection?

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Again. You're assuming they want to go with you from the start. If you were put in that position, wouldn't you want to go with your faimily and not your friend?
Life is whatever.
Rage Quit Master

Unread post by Rage Quit Master »

duhh friends are more important then family ;)
Alphaphail
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

I used to want all my family in one state or town or at least close by just in case there was an emergency like that. I think about it all the time. I also used to think about secret compartments in the house so that we can hide if a bad guy came in. I had some cool ideas.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
VillageSavant
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5138113

Unread post by VillageSavant »

I would be the first one killed and turned into a undead. Wanting to gather in numbers before the all out attack, I'd go after school and infect children. They are small and can get into airducts and such. The filthy uninfected are more likely to pause in a moral delimma with my children horde on their tails.
- Every village needs one. I'm the best at what I do.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

FYI, I am an expert on making medieval weapons and I'm not coming with you. Also, Costco sells vitamins so if you went there for food, it wouldn't matter if all the vegetables are missing. Plus I think they sell cigarettes which would become the new currency, just like in prison.

For me, maybe I would help gather my family members and loved ones in the beginning but you better believe when shit started to go down, I would be ditching the useless people and fending for myself.

I have skills people would want and I am fairly strong so I would imagine I wouldn't have too tough of a time finding a group of like-minded people to roll around with.
Joe's Crab Shack
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24928034

Unread post by Joe's Crab Shack »

captainangry wrote:FYI, I am an expert on making medieval weapons and I'm not coming with you. Also, Costco sells vitamins so if you went there for food, it wouldn't matter if all the vegetables are missing. Plus I think they sell cigarettes which would become the new currency, just like in prison.

For me, maybe I would help gather my family members and loved ones in the beginning but you better believe when shit started to go down, I would be ditching the useless people and fending for myself.

I have skills people would want and I am fairly strong so I would imagine I wouldn't have too tough of a time finding a group of like-minded people to roll around with.
Blades dont need reloading.

But i dont think you have to worry about "buying" vitamins, in the wake of societal collapse, you could just loot the store.
“Sane is boring.”
― R.A. Salvatore

“I used to be sane, then I got better.”
― Anonymous

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
― John Russell
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

captainangry wrote:FYI, I am an expert on making medieval weapons
Haha, I think the only people who aren't historians that say this are ubernerds or white supremacists.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

captainangry wrote:Plus I think they sell cigarettes which would become the new currency, just like in prison.
Yeah, I quit smoking along time ago, but if there was a zombie infection it might be a good time to start again :)
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Rage Quit Master

lolz
Alphaphail
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

ill be hanging with captain. and anybody else here who lives in MN.
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
Rage Quit Master

i will just get my frying pan and all the melee weapons i can find and just melee it out there with my family and some friends... maybe hijack a bus put a shield in front of the bus to run over zombies and if we find ammo we just do drive by's on zombies while we are safe on a bus :D
Alphaphail
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Unread post by Viano »

Staying with your family's in 90% of cases is a terrible idea they'll slow you down and you need to abandon any and all emotional attachments to people.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Survival of the fittest, while the weak become fodder...
Life is whatever.
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

Whatever skills you think you have, whatever plans you have for you and your friends and family, whatever you think is a good idea for what to do when the shitstorm breaks, will fall completely to pieces. Most of you will freak out and hesitate to do what you need to do to survive. And when I say most, I mean 99.99%. Really you can pontificate all you want, but the unwinable scenario can't be planned for. Really your best bet is to just die on your own terms rather than dying in some completely failed attempt to "get to the mountains." At this point you should start thinking about the most painless way to off yourself with whatever household items you have on hand at any one time. From what I remember I think some of you have guns and rifles and stuff, so just a warning, you really can mess up shooting yourself in the head bad, to the point of having to lie in and unimaginablly terrible amount of pain while not being able to move. Your best tool for dealing with the end of the world is probably a bottle of something deadly in large doses and another warm body with whom to share your last moments.
Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
Viano
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:10048976
Xbox Gamer Tag: Vian0

Unread post by Viano »

Don't be such a downer, wheres the fun in a zombie contingency plan that's just suicide.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion man.
Ex-PFC Wintergreen
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20067578

Unread post by Ex-PFC Wintergreen »

Yeah, don't be such a killjoy pj. Besides. you cant mess up a point blank headshot using a .50 cal hunting revolver or a .44 magnum. In the words of dirty harry "it'll blow your head clean off" I think you could hurt yourself worse ingesting rat poison or the like. For me its like the old axiom says "If you need to kill yourself eat a grenade (or similar hand held explosive) and take a few down with you" and for a real quote "I'd rather die standing up"
At least I don't have flies in my eyes.
VillageSavant
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5138113

Unread post by VillageSavant »

I agree with Plastic, most of us will be walking down the street, sitting on the bus, or working at our desk. A infected walks up to you, you recognize the shoes, it's just Carl from the next desk over. He puts his hand on your shoulder, this is when you think.. that's wierd he usually keeps the personal bubble up. Then he bites your neck as you turn and games over.
Most I would think dies this way at the beginning of the infection. For someone to be able to reason what is going on and get out of their current situation so they can think clearly and re-evaluate their environment. That I am afraid is mostly luck. Like if it starts in your area in a movie theater and you were unaware of any dangers, I dont see how you could survive. More times then not once you do start killing you would kill normal people as well, since some would go crazy and be covered in blood you wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyways. :barf: <---- and if infection can pass from this then we'd really be screwed.
- Every village needs one. I'm the best at what I do.
RandomGuy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20316080

Unread post by RandomGuy »

well Id go to canada and hang with the mounties, those guys are BEAST.
IT IS NO LONGER MONDAY!!!!!! I made all of this btw
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

I actually think surviving would be fairly easy.

1st, I live in he mountains (or at least right on the edge of them) and there are already zombies here.
Forget what the movies tell you. If you see a zombie run up a flight of stairs, most zombies I see can barely walk up stairs much less run.
But infected they will be dropping limbs and whatnot.

2nd, actual infected zombies will be driven by unsurmountable hunger no doubt, But they will be less intellegent than normal.
And as it is the zombies around here seem to have a hard time thinking about much more than hunger as it is.
Surely you could stop a line of zombies as easily as placing a few cardboard boxes in front of them.
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Plastic Jesus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5404857

Unread post by Plastic Jesus »

RandomGuy wrote:well Id go to canada and hang with the mounties, those guys are BEAST.
Sorry, but you are more likely to run into this guy if you go to Canada.

Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
Duckwalk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15126698

Unread post by Duckwalk »

613 zombie fangs. shits like razor wire.
Rage Quit Master

this post is still goin :woop:
Alphaphail
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

I think theres a military base not too far from here, don't remember if its abandoned or not though :?

so, find all the guns I could, armor up a van, store the van with a bunch of food and some medical supplies, drive to the base, hide out there, and find out how everyone else is doing at bigjohn's ;)
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

My new plan, get woody harrelson
Toastyking
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:13398699

Unread post by Toastyking »

I would clearly be horrible killed. If I became a zombie I only hope I would mutate and become an awesome zombie.

If I dont die, then my thought is zombies have no true way of telling people from zombies, the only way this would be possible is some form of pheromone.
as such, I would wear the safest thing I can (gas mask/hazmat suit) and cover myself in said pheromone. If that doesnt work, than I'm covered in zombie gore and am about to die.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

there was something in the news about zombie suburbs or something like that a little while ago, I think CNN might be planning something o.O
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝