Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Where do you want to live and why?

Discussion about anything.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Where do you want to live and why?

Unread post by Sastora »

I want to know where your dream living place is or if you want to stay where you are and why?

I want to live in Louisville Colorado, it looks lovely and its not to far from where my family is. Or Grand Junction Colorado would be ideal, I'd like to buy back the house that my Grandma used to live in and rebuild on the lot or just referbish the house. It was wonderful there with a mini mountain in the back along with a canal and the view of the city at night was wonderful 'cause you were up higher than the rest of the valley.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
GABRIEL_ARCHANGEL
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19472430

Re: Where do you want to live and why?

Unread post by GABRIEL_ARCHANGEL »

i live in Cheyenne Wyoming and i love it here the air is fresh and crisp the mountains are only 10 minutes away and there is all the beer you can drink.
USMC 0311
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Colorado. :B
Life is whatever.
Kerb
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Xbox Gamer Tag: Roflkerb

Unread post by Kerb »

In British Columbia Canada, they have a pretty good summer and an AMAZING Winter. Snowboarding there is ridiculously good.
Thursday
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19029341

Unread post by Thursday »

Chicago.

I was born there and I love the city.
Claudeski
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17313103

Unread post by Claudeski »

I'm happy here in Sydney for now. Although I did live in Ireland for 6 years which was quite the fun, and New York was good for a visit.
Duckwalk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:15126698

Unread post by Duckwalk »

somewhere on the beach of lake michigan. preferably somewhere thats NOT a tourist trap and has very few people. nothing is more amazing than an entire beach to urself.

i have been visiting lake michigan almost evey year of my life and i still cant get over how awesome and beautiful it is. the sand is soft and almost everywhere (even ur bed sheets sometimes, but u can deal with it if ur not a pussy), the water is fresh, clear, moderately warm, shark/jellyfish free, and overall just pleasant.

im a born and raised michigan boy and at this point in my life i cant imagine living anywhere else. sure i would love to travel and go places beyond anything i could even deem fathomable, but my heart and home is here... as well as mah football team GO BLUE!! :woop:
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

Texas for the heat and lax guns laws
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

Tough question. So many awesome places.

I love Colorado, the great outdoors is not an exageration. But I'm a little tired of the winters. Haven't been snowboarding for a few years, the ski towns are all just too expensive anymore and if you're not outside playing in the snow it kindof sucks (cold, shovelling...)
Grand Junction has mild winters so it's a pretty good place to be for other outdoor activities. High elevation desert basically.
College town, low wages.

Other places I've lived that I'd love to move back to...

Flagstaff Arizona. It's high up on a plateua/forest so not gnarly hot like alot of Arizona. Has a nearby ski resort and big volcano mountains very close to town. The desert (Sedona) is only about 1/2 hour away so it's got a great mix of terrain and things to do year round.
But, like many of these places, College town, lots of students needing work, not enough jobs= low wages. :(

Ashland Oregon. At the base of some sweet mountains. Awesome counter culture and mountain biking. Mild winter, nice nearby ski resort. Ocean is about 1 hour away (cold surfing is possible)
But again, plagued by the college town workforce.

Haliewa Hawaii.
What can I say, it's Hawaii, North Shore. 80 degree water all year. great surf. Some good but TOUGH mountian biking, the hills are super steep. The climate is perfect.
But pay is horrible, rent is way too high.

Places to NOT live. Anahiem California (aka Orange County, Los Angeles). I don't really need to exlain that festering armpit scrubville do I?
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2009/

I can understand about the winters, my brother might stay down here in Florida and get my grandparents house somehow. Or thats what we say and then I told him that we can switch houses in the winter times. I'll have my own awesome winter home and he can 'enjoy' the snow times in Colorado. Although I'd probably stay up there for the first few years until I get tired of the freezing cold.

Also in Grand junction there aren't many doctors, I think like 1 or so for the entire town. My grandparents that live up there haven't been to the doctors in years.

And who wouldn't want to live in Hawaii, I'd love to too. I think about it every times I watch 50 first dates. Its beautiful and seems like it would be a laid back living area, ya know? Ha, I should retire there. (Once I'm rich...)

I also like a town in New York where my Great Aunt lives and I wouldn't mind living there either. I think its Long Island or something like that. Not to sure and its wonderful. Everything in their area is close together and you can even walk to this nice little Italian Ice shop. I always wanted to live in the city for a year just to see what its like, ALTHOUGH I'm always going to want to end up in Colorado.
Original
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17838153

Unread post by Original »

I'm not much of a city person myself. But if you were in the right spot like your Great Aunt it might be cool for awhile. (But I bet you haven't seen the movies 'Joe's Apartment')
Just because as you said you can do alot. Places like LA are so spread out you have to drive for an hour to get anywhere/do anything. And that's usually only 5 miles away.

But you're misinformed about doctors in Grand Junction. I don't know the population but it's gotta be at least 100,000. They are actually just finishing up a really large hospital addition. It's about 10-12 stories tall (now the tallest building in the area and on top of a hill). I think they have at least 2 doctors ;)

Yeah 50 first dates was filmed on the North Shore (Haliewa)
This would be worth money if you had it in writing
LilSam__U
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19162719

Unread post by LilSam__U »

i wantedd to live in like tennessee or kentucky like sumwhere down south with alot of land to have a farm...even tho my family has a farm in jersey its not owned by like close family.....i dont even think its owned by us anii more lol
Gypsy Joe
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19074708
Xbox Gamer Tag: BeeGrinder

Unread post by Gypsy Joe »

I'm totaly moving back to burbank when I get out of college, prob gonna pick a nice little appt and try to do nothing for as long as I can. Once that little trip ends I'm not sure if I'll stay there
Disregard the above.
Thursday
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19029341

Unread post by Thursday »

Now that I think about it, I'd probably pick a nice suburb of Chicago. The city proper is nice, but I don't think I'd like to live there as an adult. Just thirty minutes outside town would be nice.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

Also Washington. I wouldn't mind living there, its nice and my 'aunt and uncle' lives there and I love them and miss them a lot. So I know I'd be taken care of if I lived there. Plus its where my mom grew up at so I'd have that little connection.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Why did you put quotes by "aunt and uncle"? >__________________________________________________________>
Life is whatever.
GrimGriz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:1386928

Unread post by GrimGriz »

After having moved to the pacific northwest, I can't imagine wanting to live anyplace else.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

Unread post by Sastora »

Because they aren't actually related to me.
~Katie~
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:7817479

Unread post by ~Katie~ »

1st choice:
I would want to live in a Suburb outside of Kansas City, Kansas. Its pleasent and the roads arent as crowded as they are in Dallas.
2nd choice:
Umm i think someplace in Colorado would be nice, i like how the winters are and the summer are the complete oppiste.
3rd Choice:
Last resort if i cant get a house faraway from Tx. I would proabaly move to another nice suburb outside Dallas, sigh, no fun in this choice.
GABRIEL_ARCHANGEL
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19472430

Unread post by GABRIEL_ARCHANGEL »

whats with people wanting to be greenies Wyoming is where its at
USMC 0311
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Katie's backfrom the dead? :O
Life is whatever.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I want to live in the woods somewhere with WiFi and a fast internet connection. Something with a cabin kind of feel near a lake.
Liquid Death
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19897660

Unread post by Liquid Death »

1st: Japan; It is an "interesting" place, and quite a few people there also speak English

2nd: Luna (The moon); It is impossible to "live" there, but NASA is currently doing research so that there can eventually be an outpost where people can live for around 200 days. Although it would be close to living in Hell, I would be able to say I lived on the moon.

3: A yellow submarine; Do I need to explain?
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

captainangry wrote:I want to live in the woods somewhere with WiFi and a fast internet connection. Something with a cabin kind of feel near a lake.
EXACTLY. ive been trying to find cheap mobile broadband but nothing is cheap enough for me.
since im going to my cabin and its a PERFECT place to just stay and relax.
ill post pics when i get home
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

That's the hard part. If you are deep enough in the woods, no one has run cable Internet out that far. You either have to pay for a dedicated line (which would be nice but expensive) or use satellite Internet which is expensive and shitty.
~Katie~
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:7817479

Unread post by ~Katie~ »

okay why would you want to live out in the fucking middle of nowwhere

ugh, guys!
Rage Quit Master

Unread post by Rage Quit Master »

I would love to live in california napa valley its so peaceful there and its not ghetto like where i live right now... theres no stickers on the back of stop signs or anything and not much graffitti also the weather is wonderful warm but breezy right now i live in sun valley california :( but whatever its cool
Alphaphail
StrudelB
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20251166

Unread post by StrudelB »

Somewhere around Boston. Not actually IN the city, however. Preferably a suburb, where everything is quiet, but not too far from the city itself.
Am I back?
Who knows?
All I know is that I'm gonna play some more TF2.
marcus
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17058616

Unread post by marcus »

boyne highlands up in michigan, it's developed enough to have most amenities such as really fast internet, is attached to an awesome mountain and is surrounded by some of the best dirt roads this side of the Mississippi.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder

~Katie~ wrote:okay why would you want to live out in the fucking middle of nowwhere

ugh, guys!
Uhh, because I can't stand people.