Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

A Post on gamespot about SM

Discussion about anything.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Re: A Post on gamespot about SM

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

i was a regular on sm at the time this happened(using a different name: HereTiC!), i was trying to join the clan lol. got on the forums one day and they were disabled. and i was like wtf. not too long afterwards i found cc.
LilSam__U
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19162719

Unread post by LilSam__U »

Gypsy Joe wrote:llama illusion a lost hero of SM most people never speak of... the one that kept the house standing while Sam's bowl movements towards duke shook the foundation of the little home. i miss him and his server savvy knowledge... I'm sure those days still haunt SAM when ever he see's his little girl take all those little mirror pictures for her Steam page. If i remember correctly that is what might have started the fight... duke never liked those mirror shots of Big SAM and SAM went ballistic with jealousy towards dukes then lover Lord John. But my memory is a little shaky.
wait so me takin my pics for my avatar is wuh started all this ur saying?!?!?! im confused cuz i see my name here and i had nutin to do with this shit
amsamu

Unread post by amsamu »

Gypsy not for nothing i was the one the only one who kept u on sm they all wanted u banned u dont recall all the side im we had ......I new u were a good player and person for sm .....sorry some guys didn't like u......and as for duke i watched ratz fall apart w/ a second server and duke was not trying to be nice he im'd me about going his own way and taking who he could, big deal there it went alot deeper with him and me then the server at that time i never attempted to cause problems with sm i only wanted a place for all people to play and if it was up to me everyone would of had a sm tag .....ask kitty....she and nox were banned from ratz who got them back.......?????.....as for sm the clock was running out anyway money wasn't there to many people wanted different things all smoke and myself wanted was a easier way to have people be sm members and a relax on the rules....u wanna blame me go ahead smoke pulled the plug not me....

And as for angry many times i told him what a great server he started and thanked him for starting it ....we even talked when sm was almost gone about doing it and i thought it was great he jumped in when we needed it and did a great job but.....this is the reason why i don't jump in game on cc....i feel most cc members don't feel right with me playing on there server so i stay away.....

And as for lil-sam her pics are hers she knows the line i draw i see no problem with them so maybe we could leave her out....

thank u
brandon....amsamu...
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Unread post by Ghost »

didnt duke get a server and kinda made it a unoffical 2nd server for SM? i remember that
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
Kittylipstikk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17666999

Unread post by Kittylipstikk »

unofficially, but it was mostly for anyone who didn't want to play with Sam and the others....Anyway, you are right amsamu, I got banned from ratz....lol, because I didn't read the chat and realize ppl were telling me to STOP sniping the respawn hahaha...but I was able to come back :) thanks.....anyway, I feel like all the drama should be put in the past where it belongs. I like everyone and have no problems with anyone! I wouldn't care if amsamu came on to cC and played....but then again that is only my opinion.

I don't like drama....but something that happened over a year ago....seriously! Can we all get over it and move on now??? Holding grudges aren't good for anyone.
LilSam__U
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19162719

Unread post by LilSam__U »

Kittylipstikk wrote: I don't like drama....but something that happened over a year ago....seriously! Can we all get over it and move on now??? Holding grudges aren't good for anyone.
i agree with tht
Ghost
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19046530

Unread post by Ghost »

i agree too. i wouldent care either if amsamu came and played on cC and i dont kno why anyone would really have a problem with it.
Riftoff wrote:One time after I was playing a lot of Advance Wars, I was eating dinner with my family when i randomly just stopped and waited for everyone else to take their turn, and then I realized eating wasn't turn based.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

I wouldn't care if anyone from the old group came back, but save the drama for your mama and have fun.

I have been the leader of many of these little groups before. They always collapse when leaders have different opinions about things. That is precisely why I run this thing the way I do.

It's a lot easier and more fun for everyone if I just do the things that will be popular with the most people rather than do things because of how I feel. This isn't my group, it's our group.
Guy Montag
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19053068

Unread post by Guy Montag »

I'm really, REALLY not trying to dig up drama, but I remembered another bit of /-sm-/ history that led to it's downfall. I will say it for the sake of future generations of noobs coming here to learn of servers past.

Originally, to join smokehouse one had to be voted in by all members. At a glance, this seems good and fine due to it being democratic and ensuring that the person is completely accepted. The fundamental problem with this system was that there was almost always one jerk who didn't like the potential member. This led to select regulars actually joining the clan, and created a whole "caste" of super-regulars which showed up every day but were deemed by at least one smokehouser to be unworthy of actual membership (such as me). This didn't create much resentment, but was assuredly a cause for the super-regulars to grumble about. Towards the end of /-sm-/, Sam took command and began inviting in super-regulars regardless of what other clanners thought. Once again, some took sides, but most rolled their eyes.

herp derp.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Heh, I've only been playing tf2 for about 5 months so I've been deviod of this thread for a reason.
...But I deal with drama for a week then forget about it.
Life is whatever.
Kittylipstikk
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17666999

Unread post by Kittylipstikk »

captainangry wrote:I have been the leader of many of these little groups before. They always collapse when leaders have different opinions about things. That is precisely why I run this thing the way I do.
This isn't my group, it's our group.

I think you are doing a great job around here and I think that is what makes this server so great.....we are a group....there is one in command/ one leader (captain angry) and anything he says goes. But I do like how you will take into consideration anything the others and I have to say. I like this server very much and I really do hope that if anyone has an issue with someone else, talk to that person about it and let captain know....and don't make that issue become so big that others will be involved and cause a divide in the server....if you don't like someone and can't get over them, don't play when they are on.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Unread post by thedoghouse »

I think what we've learned from this is that SM collapsed because of multiple reasons, I remember some people talking about smx or something that duke was starting, I remember after a while he made the private twinkle toes server which was probably just as fun as the SM server, it sounds like there aren't that many hard feelings anymore and that most of the old members could come back to cC without having to worry about much. I love that this whole discussion about SM started because of 1 moron posting on Gamespot saying SM sucked :awesome: .
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Gypsy Joe
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19074708
Xbox Gamer Tag: BeeGrinder

Unread post by Gypsy Joe »

Sorry i posted something and did not look at it till just now... but it seems Lil SAM miss read my little post before... or just waiting around the forum till she saw her name (like she said).... i Have Nothing Bad to Say about SAM or Lil SAM.......and as far as i can tell i never said anything rude about their person... just that there may have been a thing with SAM and duke... and that i'm sure u may have thought about it after the fact... maybe read my post after your little girl runs over to you and you have to log in and start posting in your "defense". No one is Attacking you... you were a good admin during the SM days, no doubt, one of my favorites. either way it seems i did offend some people in my post..(if so, sorry) the point of this forum subject was to point out that our little server was attacked by a no name jerk that likes to post on game spot... i did not intend to start a gossip about any of the old members just a friendly joke.
Disregard the above.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

"This isn't my group, its our group"
-Captain Angry

I agree with Kitty. I wasn't here when SM was 'cause I never played the game before so I don't see why Sam can't play here. I know Goose played a lot on SM and man I mean a lot. I used to get mad 'cause he would stay up till like 3am playing but thats 'cause he had fun and now that I play I understand. I'm just glad we have an awesome server and an awesome leader. I love Cc.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.
g_e_oos
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:19183286

Unread post by g_e_oos »

Wow took a while to read this entire thread. Anyways, I don't think anyone would have any problem with someone like amsam coming over to play here. I was so upset when SM disappeared because it was the only server I played on. I honestly like this one ten times as much though.
When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it.
Sastora
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22098861

Unread post by Sastora »

Thats because this one rocks.
Narwhals, unicorns of the sea.