Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

RotMG raped itself to death

General discussion about gaming.
_Pipeline
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35987824

RotMG raped itself to death

Unread post by _Pipeline »

Welp, Realm of the Mad God has been permanently ruined forever and ever now that you can just spend money to buy even the rarest and highest tiered items in the game at any fucking time. Don't really want to nerdrage, but RotMG was once one of my all-time favorite games because of how both challenging and rewarding it was at the same time.

Don't want to actually spend time playing the game? Nobody else does either, apparently. Literally 1 out of every 2 players now is a fucking spambot for various scam sites that won't shut the fuck up and keep popping up everywhere even after you block them. Spend just 5 to 10 bucks in-game as even the most inexperienced player, and you can literally buy the most powerful shit in the game, which used to have the distinction of being almost impossible to get unless you spent hours upon hours grinding, hunting, killing, exploring, and permadying. Going through all that trouble was part of what made RotMG so much fun. Now there is literally absolutely no incentive to grind levels or hunt powerful enemies or any of that shit: the old bartering economy of the game, which, spambots aside, worked out pretty nicely, has been completely dismantled in favor of a TF2-like shit economy that is dependent on profiteering players continuously spending real world money on formerly rare in-game items. Like in TF2, these people spend all of their time idling and none actually playing the game. You can't simply escape this new shithole by not spending money, because the aforementioned idlers keep buying high tier equipment and making it common as all hell. Also, spambots have gained the ability to literally flood the chat nonstop. To be honest this new in-game economy manages to be an even bigger shitstain than TF2's, because at least TF2 isn't rampantly populated by floodproof spambots.

TL;DR enough people have sucked Wildshadow's dicks enough times now that they've turned one of my favorite games ever into a piece of shit not worth playing, and I'm fucking pissed.
squishy
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27384194

Re: RotMG raped itself to death

Unread post by squishy »

There's a reason I completely quit this game months ago. All this shit started happening after they got bought out.
Indeed.