Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta

General discussion about gaming.
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22049012

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta

Unread post by Wamp Rats »

For those that HAVE gotten into the beta, share your feedback here. Just as well, here's my heads up on the beta so far.

It's definitely different than counter-strike, that's for sure. It still feels like counter strike, but you know it's a bit more advanced just by playing it. (They still use the same voice commands. Haw haw)

That being said, all the guns handle the same though. Every assault rifle that isn't the AK-47 feels and shoots the same, and there's no silencer on the M4 which is total bollocks. Oh, and the AWP is in the beta, they couldn't wait to add that piece of shit in. There's a few new guns, the terrorists have a PP-19 Bizon, CTs have an MP7, and the scout is now the SSG-009 or whatever. Oh, the terrorists also get a new secondary, the Tec-9, which has 32 rounds and is semi auto.

There's a few new grenades as well, including the decoy grenade and incendiary grenades for the CT's and a Molotov cocktail for the terrorists.

My biggest complaint about the beta so far is that the only multiplayer map they put out for testing if fucking train. Not dust, not office, not inferno, fucking train.

Why Valve, why
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

So is there any real reason to get hyped over this if you already have CSS?
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

It definitely feels like a step in the right direction, game feels better and plays smoother than source, and there's plenty of room for cool new shit
Wamp Rats
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

They've added the MP9 for the CT team, made the PP19 Bizon usable by both teams, added the five-seven for both, and added the mac 10 to the CT
JaggeG90
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:28631489

Unread post by JaggeG90 »

How would one get into the Beta short of selling one's soul to GabeN?
Bishop
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17092918
Xbox Gamer Tag: Philber

Unread post by Bishop »

Personally, I'm not a fan. It looks exactly like Modern Warfare, though it plays nothing like it. It's kind of a bittersweet thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not really a MW fan, but it feels so much like it that I'm still trying to sprint and use ironsights (hah). It sets a Modern Warfare mood but keeps the tactical, slower-paced CSS playstyle... Kinda throws off the senses. I played "Arms Race" and it was crazy chaotic with everyone shooting everything, but at the same time nobody feels like a threat since you respawn instantly.

I can appreciate an attempt and making a change... But this game can't decide on what it's trying to be. It just feels... Off. If you like Modern Warfare, stick to that. If you like CS:S, stick to THAT. If you want some mutant freak baby of the two to adopt at an unknown time and for an unknown price, hold out for CS:GO. I suppose I can see the appeal to SOME CS players... But I definitely won't be buying.
_____________________________________See you on the other side._____________________________________
_____________________Image_____________________
MrKerplunkers
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18601661

Unread post by MrKerplunkers »

From what I can understand, valve is giving the classic CS twitch gameplay a good ol' spit shine. I'd be amazed if the fans of the series would ask for anything more than that. There's no point in getting crazy with the game, because it's fucking counterstrike. You could put in the most advanced multiplayer game imaginable in this thing and I guarantee 80% of the servers will still be games of dust and office. I haven't played CS:GO but I'd bet my bottom dollar Modern Warfare still plays differently from it. I'd be amazed if they took out the twitch factor in favor of competing with MW and BF3. It's a game that knows it's counterstrike and doesn't want to be anything more or less.
Bishop
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:17092918
Xbox Gamer Tag: Philber

Unread post by Bishop »

Yeah, it plays completely differently from MW, not saying it's like that. It just looks like it. Brown and "new-agey". It's kind of lost it's charm in some way. Personally I LOVE the new buy menu. It's VERY easy to navigate and it's a great improvement. I'm not a fan of the rest of it, though.

My point is, if you own CS:S you're better off sticking with that, unless graphics are THAT big of a factor to you. Nothing else feels like a good change. Again, this is just my personal opinion. The new game mode doesn't fit the Counter Strike mood. The regular attack/defend feels exactly the same, so that's a plus, but it proves my point. If you can't go without next-gen graphics, upgrade. It's definitely not revolutionary in any way in terms of gameplay though.
_____________________________________See you on the other side._____________________________________
_____________________Image_____________________