Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Declaration of Independence

Server IP: mc2.calculatedchaos.com
Gametype: Freebuild

Moderator: Zora

Zora
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30006562

Declaration of Independence

Unread post by Zora »

When in the Course of minecraft events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another.

I will not sugar coat this.

CalculatedChaos is 90% scumbags. Yes there are some really awesome people on here, and I've been very happy to have them on my server. However, I also get the worst of cC on here. Your funserver is full of a younger crowd as I'm pretty sure we all know. They get abused, and thus angered. Abused by the admins of all things. This gives them a personal vendetta against calculatedChaos. There is not much they can do on the Team Fortress 2 servers. Stockmaps is always empty, and 50% of the funserver is admins. So what is the most vulnerable point of cC? Certainly not the forums. I'd love to see someone kill what is already dead. Oooh there's a minecraft server here! Minecraft, one of the easiest games online to cause trouble in. It's a beautiful target. So while all you admins are abusing and pissing off the 12 year olds, wherever that might be, they all flock to my minecraft server to unleash their rage against cC. This is all speculation of mine, but I think it is sound. My server hasn't been on the spotlight of any server lists in a long time. How many people do you think scroll down to page 924 and decide my server is the perfect target? Second, my server ip recently changed. Mrz.dyndns-server.com did not change. It has mostly pointed to the server. mc2.calculatedchaos.com became depricated for a while. While only mrz.dyndns-server.com worked, my flow of griefers.... suddenly stopped!

CalculatedChaos already have a minecraft server so it seems. I've heard a great deal of talk about the new cC server. That's great! My work here is done. The original agreement of mine was to run the cC server until an official one finally took its place. That agreement has now been fulfilled, I can now move on.

CalculatedChaos tried to take over my server. You guys started designating towns as cC only towns. Denying other players of building there. I understand why, and I don't have a problem with this. The problem I have is that you guys tried to split my server community into two. The cC half and the non-cC half. I didn't foresee this when I became affiliated with cC. The problem with dividing my community into two halves, is that the two halves begin to despise each other. Everything looks all good and dandy on the surface of it all, but I know that the order on my server is fragile.

As the owner of the server, it is my duty to make sure things run smoothly. To make sure the clients can have the best experience on the server within reason. As long as my server is affiliated with CalculatedChaos, I am unable to do my job to its fullest extent. Yes, there are some benefits to this affiliation, but it is also making my job a lot harder. At the end of the day I have to stand back and weigh out the pros and the cons. Eventually the cons win, so that is why I am doing this.

How many people do I think will care? Zero. cC doesn't even go on my server that much anymore (due to you guys having your own server). So what is the point of my server being on the forums? What is the point of having my server branded as a cC server? At this point in time the only thing it does is attract griefers. It deteriorates the quality of the server and makes my job harder, and that is why I am now having my server removed from CalculatedChaos.

Members of cC are still welcome to join the server! Just don't think you are entitled to anything more than anybody else on the server.

TL;DR:As of this point on, my server is no longer affiliated with cC in any way.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Re: Declaration of Independence

Unread post by Beetle »

I feel for you about the griefers part. You can blame AutoPilot for being the first.

Also, cptangry is pretty much paying for the TF2 servers, but his influence stops there. Since he's been gone, it's pretty much been every man for himself. ...and every giggles for herself.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Unread post by giggles »

i cant disagree wtih you zora, cC is pretty much a whirlwind of idiots that know how to ruin fun. sorry that the people of cC have corrupted your server, though I havent been on your server in a long time so i'm not sure how this all went down.

you mentioned that we have our own server? where? i didnt know we actually HAD a legit server. from what i know a few of the cc people found a random server and we all built there and made a town.. but i didnt know we had an actual server.

anyway, sorry for all the trouble zora. hope all goes well from here on out.

also captain needs to update the damn forums.
~Mai Husbando~
t00bz
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:22754961

Unread post by t00bz »

giggles wrote:i cant disagree wtih you zora, cC is pretty much a whirlwind of idiots that know how to ruin fun. sorry that the people of cC have corrupted your server, though I havent been on your server in a long time so i'm not sure how this all went down.

you mentioned that we have our own server? where? i didnt know we actually HAD a legit server. from what i know a few of the cc people found a random server and we all built there and made a town.. but i didnt know we had an actual server.

anyway, sorry for all the trouble zora. hope all goes well from here on out.

also captain needs to update the damn forums.
This.

Sorry for a bit of a bump from the dead, but I, and presumably others, given Beetle and Giggles' posts, support your secession you've got going. Hell, if it means less jerks I'll probably hop back on sometime.
Anyways, I've gotta run, good luck with your server independently and hope everything goes well from here on out.
Fireproof
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20223525
Twitter Username: calcChaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: Fireproof Gamer

Unread post by Fireproof »

Beetle wrote:You can blame AutoPilot for being the first.
I do not like you. Do not pettily accuse, or even mention me.
ImageImage
Scrambles
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41717517

Unread post by Scrambles »

Hopefully, this upcoming summer, your server improves on the whole griefing issue, which, following your logic of cC butthurts, I doubt it won't solve itself. Who knows? Maybe with a small, trusted circle of regular players on your server, you might not even need Mods to prevent griefing. Giving people Mod caused more problems than it solved anyhow. You should still have to work your ass off like good guy Tech to get Admin, though.
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Unread post by giggles »

Fireproof wrote:
Beetle wrote:You can blame AutoPilot for being the first.
I do not like you. Do not pettily accuse, or even mention me.
tumblr_lvbv84kqL81qepf8yo2_500.gif
tumblr_lvbv84kqL81qepf8yo2_500.gif (499.42 KiB) Viewed 9439 times
~Mai Husbando~
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

Scrambles wrote:Hopefully, this upcoming summer, your server improves on the whole griefing issue, which, following your logic of cC butthurts, I doubt it won't solve itself. Who knows? Maybe with a small, trusted circle of regular players on your server, you might not even need Mods to prevent griefing. Giving people Mod caused more problems than it solved anyhow. You should still have to work your ass off like good guy Tech to get Admin, though.
That's how it was when I had a server. Unfortunately, the greifer was a cC regular. I was a noob server owner and had to restart the world a couple times - frustrated him enough to grief I guess. The point is you never can be too sure until it happens, and then you're all like, "Yea, that makes sense."
krubby
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:24566857

Unread post by krubby »

Didn't Renegade start up a MC server for cC?
"[melee fort]'s just like checkers; the first few times you play it it's fun and interesting, but after a while you just wan't vomit your guts out and die in the bile." -pcJDAWG
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

krubby wrote:Didn't Renegade start up a MC server for cC?
no he found a server that a few cc people play on, but it is not his own
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

spleenter wrote:
Which has rules like "No minimap"

I don't follow it.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Beetle »

LaN wrote:
spleenter wrote:

I don't follow it.
How can you prevent something like that? Xray is somewhat easy to know if someone is using, but I don't see it with minimap.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

Beetle wrote:
LaN wrote:
spleenter wrote:

I don't follow it.
How can you prevent something like that? Xray is somewhat easy to know if someone is using, but I don't see it with minimap.
You can't detect someone using it, unless they just say they are using it.

I guess they expect people to do it.