Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Groups

Server IP: mc2.calculatedchaos.com
Gametype: Freebuild

Moderator: Zora

Zora
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30006562

Groups

Unread post by Zora »

The way its been is
-Traveler (when people first join)
- Settler (when people build a house)
- Loyal (people who have been around for a while)
- Administration

The alternate way was
-Traveler (when people first join)
- Newcommer (when people build a house)
- Settler (people who have been around for a while
- Administration

Does anybody have any suggestions for the groups or should they be kept the way they always have been? Should I add more or less groups? I'm looking for ideas for the server groups setup.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Re: Groups

Unread post by spleenter »

Keep it the first way but change loyal to Resident if at all possible. the your different levels of administration could be various government officials local/state/federal.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

On the 1.7.3 server, you were planning to add a Redstone group. What happened to that?
Zora

Unread post by Zora »

Egonny wrote:On the 1.7.3 server, you were planning to add a Redstone group. What happened to that?
That was put on the backburner, and then forgotten. I might implement that group after 1.9 is released.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Egonny »

Zora wrote:
Egonny wrote:On the 1.7.3 server, you were planning to add a Redstone group. What happened to that?
That was put on the backburner, and then forgotten. I might implement that group after 1.9 is released.
FYI, there won't be an official 1.9 release, the next release is Minecraft 1.0 .
Zora

Unread post by Zora »

A group that I've decided to add is a shopkeeper group. Its not hard to figure out what this group's purpose will be, with the economy and all. The benefits this group will have is that they will get discount prices from the server shop. However, they must keep their shop active for a set amount of time. This is to prevent people from opening shops just to get cheap stuff. I'm not sure if I want to implement this but maybe give shopkeepers prizes depending on how much money they make. Maybe in the form of diamonds, or different shopkeeper prefixes depending on how successful of a shop they run. Any thoughts?
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Egonny »

I don't get why people would go to shops. If I can choose between having to walk 1000 blocks just to get to a shop and back or use a plugin to buy it, I'd just use the plugin. Then again, most stuff in Minecraft isn't so hard to find, so you could just go find/make it yourself.
Zora

Unread post by Zora »

With the server shop you pay for the convenience. Also it will be lacking a wide selection, unlike the previous server shop.
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

Egonny wrote:I don't get why people would go to shops. If I can choose between having to walk 1000 blocks just to get to a shop and back or use a plugin to buy it, I'd just use the plugin. Then again, most stuff in Minecraft isn't so hard to find, so you could just go find/make it yourself.
RP, for those who like it. Yes, I know this applies to 0 people in this community.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.