Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Hey Guys, Question.

Server IP: mc2.calculatedchaos.com
Gametype: Freebuild

Moderator: Zora

John Failman

Hey Guys, Question.

Unread post by John Failman »

I like the old Minecraft, had fun with it for a while. I'm planning to get the Sims 3 on console soon, a game that I loved on computer, but can't play it anymore.

I am in between getting Minecraft to play on this server, and getting the Sims 3. Which should I get?
Zora
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30006562

Re: Hey Guys, Question.

Unread post by Zora »

John Failman wrote:I like the old Minecraft, had fun with it for a while. I'm planning to get the Sims 3 on console soon, a game that I loved on computer, but can't play it anymore.

I am in between getting Minecraft to play on this server, and getting the Sims 3. Which should I get?
I would suggest getting minecraft. The game is still in beta mode, so it is $20 right now. I hear that once the game is out of beta (comming soon) it will be raised up to $30. Other than that its all up to you I can't decide for you.
John Failman

Zora wrote:
John Failman wrote:I like the old Minecraft, had fun with it for a while. I'm planning to get the Sims 3 on console soon, a game that I loved on computer, but can't play it anymore.

I would suggest getting minecraft. The game is still in beta mode, so it is $20 right now. I hear that once the game is out of beta (comming soon) it will be raised up to $30. Other than that its all up to you I can't decide for you.
How long do you think your server will be up? I can always play Sims, but if the server shuts down forever, I'm outta luck.
Egonny
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18190371

Unread post by Egonny »

LOL Sims 3
Get Minecraft, not only does it cost less than Sims 3, new content keeps getting added and the multiplayer is awesome. Even if this server shuts down, there are still thousands of other servers.
Optimus Prime Rib
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16421049

Unread post by Optimus Prime Rib »

Please don't waste your money on Sims.

Minecraft is so much better there isn't even a reason to think about it.
Zora

Unread post by Zora »

Egonny wrote:LOL Sims 3
Get Minecraft, not only does it cost less than Sims 3, new content keeps getting added and the multiplayer is awesome. Even if this server shuts down, there are still thousands of other servers.
Well that pretty much sums up exactly what I was going to say...

As for the uptime server status, I am not sure. The server has been up for 6 months now. The server goes up and down every once in a while. Rarely though.
John Failman

I guess I can get Sims for my birthday or whenever I get money, I guess.

Thanks guys :awesome:
John Failman

Should be buying the game friday around noon, can somebody explain the rules and how to connect and stuff?

Hopefully the server doesn't get shut down soon :?
Zora

Unread post by Zora »

John Failman wrote:Should be buying the game friday around noon, can somebody explain the rules and how to connect and stuff?

Go here (http://www.minecraft.net/help.jsp) to learn how to play. To connect just log in, click "Multiplayer" and then type in "mc2.calculatedchaos.com" and then click "connect".
John Failman

Zora wrote:
John Failman wrote:Should be buying the game friday around noon, can somebody explain the rules and how to connect and stuff?

Go here (http://www.minecraft.net/help.jsp) to learn how to play. To connect just log in, click "Multiplayer" and then type in "mc2.calculatedchaos.com" and then click "connect".
Thanks bro.

I looked at some of the tutorial vids and I admit, I misjudged the game, it looks fantastic and I hope to be on the server soon.