Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

Spy: YER and the normal dagger

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
Kezariak
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27216149

Spy: YER and the normal dagger

Unread post by Kezariak »

Yeah, so this might be a tad nub but I realllllly need to know.

So from what I can see, there is essentially no difference between the normal dagger and YER aside the disguise limitations and the quietness. So I ask, which would be better to use, seeing as the disguises are more preferable in most cases. If it's needed, I also use the CnD.

Thanks.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Re: Spy: YER and the normal dagger

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Eternal Reward on Payload maps, or if you use the CnD. I prefer the Invis Watch, so I use the normal knife most of the time.
Life is whatever.
Divine Fate
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:14581138
Twitter Username: Nequissime
Xbox Gamer Tag: xelderon

Unread post by Divine Fate »

The eternal reward best synergizes with the CnD, so you're good on that part. The main difference is that the eternal reward kills quickly and quietly and doesn't leave behind a corpse, giving you the opportunity to kill in large numbers (which makes it a great tool for games with many players).

It all depends on your playstyle: if you are usually running around, using your pistol, and trying for every kill you can get, you should use the normal dagger because the disguise will help greatly. But if you're willing to be a little more sneaky with your cloak then you WILL be rewarded due to the fact that your kills are so insanely quiet that you can just keep killing one after another.

In short, Your Eternal Reward is for killing "the group", while the normal dagger is for specializing with solo enemies such as engineers, snipers, or whoever else you manage to get under your grasp.
Kezariak
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:27216149

Unread post by Kezariak »

Oh I see. Thanks guys!