Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

As a Medic

Discussion about anything related to Team Fortress 2.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

As a Medic

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

• I hate the following:
  • People who rocketjump / stickyjump away from me.
  • People who let me die against a single scout.
  • People who suicide into a group of enemies and afterwards call me a dumbass because I "stopped healing them" while there was no chance of survival.
  • People who think I'm their personal medic and then go on without me while I'm not following because I'm busy healing people that are about to die, then call me a noob for not healing them.
  • People who take a health pack while I'm healing them and I'm on low health / on fire.
  • Scouts who are on low health, yet can't stand still for one freakin' second.
  • The Equalizer. (yaknow, soldier with Equalizer runs away from a battle, on fire, RIGHT PAST ME. As a result they die because i cannot heal them, and then i die, because they are not there to protect me in return.
  • Demomen who pull out their Eyelander as soon as i uber them.
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5875326

Re: As a Medic

Unread post by bluephyr »

Ya know what really grinds his gears?

Well I got plenty to complain about L4D2.. some of it's pretty funny, too. I think I might go make a thread about some of it, some day...
Haunwulf
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:999999999

Unread post by Haunwulf »

[*]People who take a health pack while I'm healing them and I'm on low health / on fire.
[*]Scouts who are on low health, yet can't stand still for one freakin' second.
[*]The Equalizer. (yaknow, soldier with Equalizer runs away from a battle, on fire, RIGHT PAST ME. As a result they die because i cannot heal them, and then i die, because they are not there to protect me in return.
I hardly use the medic class because of those 3 reasons.And heres another one that pisses me off when im using medic is the soldier repeatly calling out:"MEDIC!" when he has an EQUALIZER equipped.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

bluephyr wrote:Ya know what really grinds his gears?

Well I got plenty to complain about L4D2.. some of it's pretty funny, too. I think I might go make a thread about some of it, some day...
\
:smug:
Jimmy TwoTimes
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22756162
Xbox Gamer Tag: PQRKCHQP SAMICH

Unread post by Jimmy TwoTimes »

Here here! Agreed! :cthulhu:
Yes sir.
Daedalus

Unread post by Daedalus »

I find that with the regular syringe gun, you can survive real long while on fire. I also just stop healing people when they run into obviously suicidal conditions and they learn real fast that I'm not willing to get myself killed along with them. Then again, I haven't really met people as stupid as the ones that hurtmeplenty mentioned.
bluephyr
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5875326

Unread post by bluephyr »

Sounds like, following the standards you mentioned, you have avoided meeting those stupid people.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

you just dont play at the right times. these people i failed to mention are regulars in our server and in our community, you would be surprised.

the eyelander one happened to me just the other day, and it immediately pissed me off. odd enough, it happened on our customMaps server.. and it was someone who plays with us often.

its hard to find good patients these days.
giggles
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21234769

Unread post by giggles »

HuRtMePleNtY wrote:you just dont play at the right times. these people i failed to mention are regulars in our server and in our community, you would be surprised.

the eyelander one happened to me just the other day, and it immediately pissed me off. odd enough, it happened on our customMaps server.. and it was someone who plays with us often.

its hard to find good patients these days.
.__. im probably one of those terrible patients that leave the poor medic to fend for them self lolol
but cmon, you can take em with yer saw and needle gun xD hurt's a freaking beast at being medic :D
~Mai Husbando~
AgeNt_
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8504578
Twitter Username: AgeNtNicK
Xbox Gamer Tag: AgeNtNicK

Unread post by AgeNt_ »

G1GGL3_C4K3Z_66 wrote: .__. im probably one of those terrible patients that leave the poor medic to fend for them self lolol
but cmon, you can take em with yer saw and needle gun xD hurt's a freaking beast at being medic :D
agreed, dont meet him on turf
pl_promotion_b3
Beta 3 Released!
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26021287

Unread post by spleenter »

hurtMe i completely agree with you 100%. nothing pisses me off more than people pulling out a melee weapon while im ubering them.

The worst example i can think of is i ubered a scout (i know not the best decision in the world) because we were both about dead and i wanted to save someone. so he pulls out his sandman and starts running back to the fight, needless to say i let him die so i could escape.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
scottlind1
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27359265

Unread post by scottlind1 »

how about while healing soldier on a soldier jump map (eg. skyscraper) and a demo runs up to you and stands right in front of you screaming "medic"
Common sense is so rare now a days it's a god damn super power.
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod

just a little fyi:

JumpMod was removed from the server because healing someone with a medigun instantly crashed the server on jump maps.

yaknow the mod where your health regenerates almost instantly from taking damage, infinite ammo, and the saveloc, ect commands?

i wish we still had it, it took me a long time for cpt to finally put it on the server.
ITS BECAUSE PEOPLE GO MEDIC ON JUMP MAPS FOR NO REASON EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE HEALTH PACKS EVERYWHERE AND YOUR HEALTH REGENERATES TO FULL UPON TAKING DAMAGE!!!!

that there, grinds my gears.

/rant
scottlind1

fyi. that hasnt happenmed ever on anyu jump maps i have seen on the fun server.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Because the Jump Mod he's talking about got taken off the server BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE GOING MEDIC.
Life is whatever.
scottlind1

thank you for clearing that up.
Krandel
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:20314285

Unread post by Krandel »

The only thing I really don't like when I'm medic is when I'm healing someone, usually a heavy or soldier, when OMFG A SCOUT/PYRO ATTACKS ME and the heavy/soldier doesn't do anything to help.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Krandel wrote:The only thing I really don't like when I'm medic is when I'm healing someone, usually a heavy or soldier, when OMFG A SCOUT/PYRO ATTACKS ME and the heavy/soldier doesn't do anything to help.
thats when you get a mic and tell them "HEY DIPSHIT BEHIND US"

if your on server when im playing medic you will here me call out if there is anyone coming from the flanks that my patient cannot see. as a medic that is your job. To watch for what your patient (meat shield in some cases) cannot see.
Think of me what you will, I don't give a crap what you think about me. Nor will i change to please you.
Krandel

Unread post by Krandel »

spleenter wrote:
thats when you get a mic and tell them "HEY DIPSHIT BEHIND US"

if your on server when im playing medic you will here me call out if there is anyone coming from the flanks that my patient cannot see. as a medic that is your job. To watch for what your patient (meat shield in some cases) cannot see.
I have a mic, but:
1. I can't hear anyone and I don't think anyone can hear me.
2. Before you say it, I have the mic enabled in game.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Krandel wrote:
I have a mic, but:
1. I can't hear anyone and I don't think anyone can hear me.
2. Before you say it, I have the mic enabled in game.
verify game cache that might fix it, other than that you might have turned your mic off in your steam settings which would affect any and all games you play on steam.
Krandel

Unread post by Krandel »

spleenter wrote: verify game cache that might fix it, other than that you might have turned your mic off in your steam settings which would affect any and all games you play on steam.
Just tried both and I still can't hear anything.
dragoon128
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:36177825

Unread post by dragoon128 »

I'm usually pretty bad as both a patient and as a medic.

My main class is Scout, and most Medics are smart enough to not waste time chasing me down. If I see a friendly Medic, I'll usually leave him alone and get a health pack. I can run back for health and get back to the front lines just fine. When I'm a Scout I usually don't even call for a Medic unless everyone is just f*cking around. Medics have more important things to do than chase my caffeine-hyped, baseball obsessed, Bostonian a$$ around. When I'm a more "Medic-friendly" class like Demo, Heavy, or Soldier, I usually try to be smart, but I'm not good at looking out for my Medic. My Medics often die because I forget to pay extra attention to keep them safe. That's why if a Medic on my team starts to buddy up with me, I usually tell him to focus on someone else because I'm not good at guarding my Medics.

When I myself am a Medic, which is somewhat rare, I usually just run around like a Scout with a full bladder, healing everyone in range (or trying to anyway, hard to lock beam onto moving targets). I usually only buddy up with one guy if there's a sentry or something that requires focused firepower.

I have had to deal with incompetent patients before. One time I was playing attack on Dustbowl. It was Stage 2, second cap. The reds had 2 Engies with everything set up and ready, complete with 2 Spy-checking Pyros (both had Backburner). There was a Demoman on my team that I mistakenly assumed was competent. We snuck through the tunnels to avoid getting noticed. He even started damaging himself so my uber would charge faster. We got as close as possible, and I said "Fully Charged." He responded with "Charge it Doc." I ubered him and we charged forward. He fired 1 grenade, then he started reloading, all 4 grenades. It turns out he forgot to reload before I ubered him. He managed to take out 1 dispenser in the course of an uber. Then we got shredded by the sentry. He said in the text chat "wel at lest he dispeners gon :]" (He really typed the emoticon.) I replied over the mic "Yeah, but they have another dispenser next to an ammo pack 20 feet from their spawn. Plus their sentries are still in one piece." He then added "shuit up n00b all u did wus heal me and make us glow medics ar usless >:P" I was speechless. I then proceeded to switch teams, became a Medic, and killed him repeatedly with the Blutsauger and Ubersaw. He then began accusing me of hacking and asked an admin to ban me. The admin refused and instead began altering his gravity, slapping him, smiting him, blowing him up, blinding him, etc. After about 1 minute or so, the kid typed "scruw thhis im playin cal of dutty its better anywa see u n00bs >:P" (I assumme he meant Call of Duty (not better than tf2) but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he meant to say Donkey Kong Country.)

What worries me most however is that, depending on age, people like this can vote. :shock:
It's a conspiracy!!!11!!1!11!!1!1!1!!1one!!11!!1!1!one!!11!!1!!11!!1!!!1eleven!1excalmation mark!
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

one problem. when your a scout and you take health packs, you take them from medics that could be on fire at 20 hp. you could have waited 5 seconds for the medic to heal you, charge his uber, and get the health pack so he can actually use that uber before he dies.

bottom line:
IF THERES A MEDIC NEAR YOU DON'T TOUCH THE FUCKING HEALTH PACK.

its a medics job to heal you. let him.
LaN
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:26075035

Unread post by LaN »

spleenter wrote:one problem. when your a scout and you take health packs, you take them from medics that could be on fire at 20 hp. you could have waited 5 seconds for the medic to heal you, charge his uber, and get the health pack so he can actually use that uber before he dies.

bottom line:

I'm getting that health pack if he decides to be a battle medic or a pocket.
dragoon128

one problem. when your a scout and you take health packs, you take them from medics that could be on fire at 20 hp. you could have waited 5 seconds for the medic to heal you, charge his uber, and get the health pack so he can actually use that uber before he dies.

bottom line:

What I mean is if I see a friendly Medic in good health, I'll go find a health pack. I don't steal health packs from right in front of Medics. If a Medic is at a decent amount of health and I'm critical, I need it a little more. If he's not busy I may ask for a heal, but I'm not going to draw friendly Medics away from more suitable patients just to heal someone who can retreat, find health on his own, and get back to where I'm needed in about a minute or so. Scouts can dodge enemy fire and find health very easily.

My point is, if I can get health on my own, why should I distract a Medic from healing someone who could benefit more from the health? Scouts have low health, rely on dodging and flanking, and make horrible Medic buddies most of the time since Medics can't keep up. Soldiers and Demomen can damage themselves to build uber faster, and Heavies have such an absurd amount of health that they can help too. Plus Heavies can drop Sandviches for their doctor friends.

I only take health packs that aren't going to anyone else. If I see a Medic at low health, not only will I let him take the health, I'll even go out and distract the enemies so he can get to the health easier. Plus, if someone's chasing me I can douse them with milk.

In the original post, I was referring to falling back to friendly territory, grabbing a health pack in an area closer to the base, and then returning to the battlefield.

tl;dr I don't steal health packs. I take health packs that are out of the way that no one on my team is going for, and then run back to the front lines.
It's a conspiracy!!!11!!1!11!!1!1!1!!1one!!11!!1!1!one!!11!!1!!11!!1!!!1eleven!1excalmation mark!
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

im not going to argue with someone who doesn't realize why the medic is in the game.

what the fuck does tl;dr mean?
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Too Long; Didn't Read. Spleenter, you should be nicer/Try to explain the situation better.

Dragoon, what Spleenter is trying to explain under his MedicRaeg is that Health packs can benefit the medic at ANY time. They don't have to be hurting now to use them. If you need healing as a scout, politely stop in front of the medic and ask for health with the "Call Medic" button. Faster than finding a health pack and you benefit from the Medic's charge.

Also, one class does not benefit more from the Medic's healing if the medic is decent. A good medic will distribute health evenly for the entire team. If someone dies, they're either not healing evenly, or that person deserved it because they rushed into the enemies and his/her doom.

See, Plenty[Travis] follows me anywhere, even if we could just stand on the point and defend it for a whole round. I like to chase medics, though.
Life is whatever.
spleenter
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

PhrozenFlame wrote:Too Long; Didn't Read. Spleenter, you should be nicer/Try to explain the situation better.

Dragoon, what Spleenter is trying to explain under his MedicRaeg is that Health packs can benefit the medic at ANY time. They don't have to be hurting now to use them. If you need healing as a scout, politely stop in front of the medic and ask for health with the "Call Medic" button. Faster than finding a health pack and you benefit from the Medic's charge.

Also, one class does not benefit more from the Medic's healing if the medic is decent. A good medic will distribute health evenly for the entire team. If someone dies, they're either not healing evenly, or that person deserved it because they rushed into the enemies and his/her doom.

See, Plenty[Travis] follows me anywhere, even if we could just stand on the point and defend it for a whole round. I like to chase medics, though.
Usually that other medic is me cause nobody else want to play medic against you guys.
dragoon128

I'm not exactly a pro at tf2 by any means. I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot when I explain my logic.
But a Scout can travel across entire maps in seconds depending on the map. Most of the time a Scout isn't going to hurt his team by leaving the front lines for a few seconds. There are some situations where a Scout may be a vital class on the front lines. However, very rarely will the lack of a Scout cost their team the game.
If a Medic is with a Demoman and they're about to try to remove a sentry nest, and the Medic already has his uber, healing me is only going to waste time. The Medic would have to make sure the Demo knows he's not being healed so the Black Scottish Cyclops doesn't get himself obliterated (not usually hard to let him know unless he doesn't pay any attention.) The Medic has to take time to heal me and then go back to the Demo and and get ready to get rid of the sentry nest. In the time that Medic spent healing me, a Soldier/Pyro/Heavy/Spy could appear out of nowhere and kill the Medic and ruin the entire plan. I know there are ways to stop all of those classes, but any of them could eliminate a Medic in seconds and will given the chance. I just don't want to end up costing my team a Medic and uber because I didn't want to spend like 3 seconds fetching health on my own when a Scout is normally going to be running and dodging like mad no matter what.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

Use your enter key, no one will read a wall of text.