Forums have been upgraded to the latest PHPBB3 version. Forum style recovery is pending.

calculatedChaos TV Content Ideas

Discussion for calculatedChaos TV. Submit YouTube videos and discuss video ideas.

customMaps calculatedChaos TV Feed: 216.52.143.91:27020
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

calculatedChaos TV Content Ideas

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

We need to focus what kind of videos are uploaded to the Channel. They need to be fun and exciting to elicit the response we want. So this thread is for us deciding what kind of videos we want. Be it Frag videos, Funny moments, montages, etc. So post away if you have any ideas on what you would want to see.
thedoghouse
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:20693788

Re: Content Ideas

Unread post by thedoghouse »

I think the machinama idea that other people were talking about in the first thread might be a good idea

A lot of people watch those and if it's good enough and gets to be famous we could get a lot of views on the channel
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
theGreatZamboni
•cC• TV Moderator
•cC• TV Moderator
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22899731

Unread post by theGreatZamboni »

Thats entirely out of the question, you can do it as a side project. Its to bring in people based on real game play footage, not poorly done machinimas where all the voices are radioed in. But if you guys can orchestrate it and its good we'll post it.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Funny moments should be actually funny/interesting moments from the servers, not just random griefing. If we can work membersDay back in every month, I'm sure we can think of something.

Frag Videos/Montages should be done clan style. These videos should contain kills/killstreaks from multiple people in cC, not just a single person. I find that these show that everyone in the clan/group is at least a decent player.

That's my opinion on these things, anyway.
Life is whatever.
captainAngry
•cC• Founder
•cC• Founder
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18403615
Twitter Username: calcchaos
Xbox Gamer Tag: RemainingCoast

Unread post by captainAngry »

The TF2 videos I see all the time from gaming groups like us are the standby monthly frag videos. The way it seems to work is that people can submit frag videos and then someone picks the top 10. Someone does a voice over announcer thing explaining what's happening and how awesome it is and puts some basic transitions in between the clips and it's done.

I like this because someone with a half decent mic and some really basic video editing equipment could easily put one of these together every month (given enough submissions). That and I like to watch those videos.

All this depends on getting more people recording videos but once we get people doing that, we wouldn't really need much more than 15-20 monthly submissions each month to put one of these together. Having watched a bunch of these videos I can say that on an average play session I pull a kill streak that would rank at least a 5/10 if I would have recorded it.
BAMF
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:25128613
Xbox Gamer Tag: SomTervo

Unread post by BAMF »

I could get behind a "Meet the Members" thing where it's like 30 seconds of people talking about stupid things so random people can get a feel of what normally happens on the server. Something like Montag cursing after being killed repeatedly, or Viano telling a seven year old to get high
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

BAMF wrote:I could get behind a "Meet the Members" thing where it's like 30 seconds of people talking about stupid things so random people can get a feel of what normally happens on the server. Something like Montag cursing after being killed repeatedly, or Viano telling a seven year old to get high
this. and other people have to choose your part for you. you cant choose your own
so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.
Riftoff
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:18836685
Twitter Username: Riftoff
Xbox Gamer Tag: Lame Throwa

Unread post by Riftoff »

tomm wrote:
BAMF wrote:I could get behind a "Meet the Members" thing where it's like 30 seconds of people talking about stupid things so random people can get a feel of what normally happens on the server. Something like Montag cursing after being killed repeatedly, or Viano telling a seven year old to get high
this. and other people have to choose your part for you. you cant choose your own
"This is tomm. Tomm is gay and likes to sniff farts"
HurTmePlentY
•cC• Forum Mod
•cC• Forum Mod
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3740232

Re: calculatedChaos TV Content Ideas

Unread post by HurTmePlentY »

a frag video set to Wake Up- Rage Against the Machine.

win.
Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

Im actually behind the idea of a frag video, and I have a cool idea to get everyone involved

Every episode could have a different cC member with a mic narrating the videos, or some episodes could have two people narrating at the same time. We need to get good clips of cC frags though, which should be easy.

I also want to try and set up a sort of custom map review series. I might make another thread for that though.
PhrozenFlame
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:21842434
Twitter Username: GiroTheHero

Unread post by PhrozenFlame »

Tempest wrote:I also want to try and set up a sort of custom map review series. I might make another thread for that though.
We need one for good maps and one for terrible maps. They could be called "Dude, you NEED this map" and "Dude, this map is complete crap".
Life is whatever.
Tempest

Unread post by Tempest »

Yea, and breakfloor could be under complete crap. Heh.

Wait a minute...
Beetle
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2945765

Unread post by Beetle »

I'll start posting some very small videos of members' moments. I have the one recorded when Montag was on a short rant about someone eat a chocolate bar while playing cp_gorge - fairly funny.
Click Here to go to my Mapping Blog.
Boreas
•cC• Member
•cC• Member

Unread post by Boreas »

Captains seems like the best idea that I read, I think what we really need is someone who is artsy to create something, the inside joke videos doesn't really inspire people to check out the group, though it may be funny for members.
tomm
•cC• Member
•cC• Member
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:26596259

Unread post by tomm »

so one day, i was on the server and i was trying to build a senty with tgame. i counted down "3,2,1,"then BAM. SERVER CRASH. then some pacman.

"where did we go so wrong?" Eythur as Heavy. March 30th 2010.